Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

learnincurve posted:

Angry lesbian here, in my experience the majority of men are decent humans and would never feel the need to chirp in with “not all men” because they already know we are not talking about them. Same logic applies to Cis, straight and white.

Shopping trolly problem. There are no rules or laws that say you have to put your shopping trolly in the bay, there are no signs anywhere and there is nothing stopping you from just leaving it in the parking spot next to your car. But the vast majority of people do take the time and energy to put it back where it belongs for absolutely no personal gain at all.

The kind of person who just leaves it anywhere is the reason why we invented rules and laws.

What is it with trolleys and problems? Ban all trolleys imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Tbh that works less well in the U.K. because if you don’t take your trolley back here you lose your quid

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
When the trolley thing comes up I often see retail workers posting, "Hell yeah I loving love putting the trolleys back in the bays, it gets me out of the shop and away from customers for a bit."

I'd still put it back though. It just feels hosed up not to.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jakabite posted:

Tbh that works less well in the U.K. because if you don’t take your trolley back here you lose your quid

Waitrose :guillotine: don't charge a quid (well not round here anyway), they have a better class of customer.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I like to stand a long way off and send it from a distance with power, spin and curve to account for camber, slope and any wonky wheelage I will have spent the trip assessing.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
People who don't return trolleys are the same kind that don't even thank the bus driver

Jakabite posted:

The rounded fob end of a key is the pound coin of the proletariat

Unless it's one of them bastards with the sliding drawer

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

DesperateDan posted:

The rounded fob end of a key is the pound coin of the proletariat

Until you leave your house key in the trolley. I guess you can get those thingies that are just for the trolley, but I don't want to be a person who carries around 20 keys and tools on a big ring

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Launching the trolley back into the bay is great. Always puts me in mind of an astronaut jumping in zero G between two shuttles. Only the initial push to give direction and the float towards the destination fuelled by hope. The price of failure: disaster.

As if Waitrose don’t have the quid too. I might have to go to the one near me and see for myself. That might be my weekend activity.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

My buddy works the trolleys at my local Tesco & lets me use his magic wand for opening the locks without putting a quid in :smug:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jakabite posted:

Launching the trolley back into the bay is great. Always puts me in mind of an astronaut jumping in zero G between two shuttles. Only the initial push to give direction and the float towards the destination fuelled by hope. The price of failure: disaster.

As if Waitrose don’t have the quid too. I might have to go to the one near me and see for myself. That might be my weekend activity.

Cmon tars

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I like to stand a long way off and send it from a distance with power, spin and curve to account for camber, slope and any wonky wheelage I will have spent the trip assessing.

Trolley Curling should be in the British Olympics along with Duck Hooping and the 100m Sheep Grab

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Are an absence of trolley deposits a sign of gentrification or something? Cos I haven't seen one in ages.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

check in the river

Mebh
May 10, 2010

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Trolley Curling should be in the British Olympics along with Duck Hooping and the 100m Sheep Grab

We at least need to get cheese rolling in there.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The people who should be rounded up and shot are the ones that throw the trolley in the bay and then it rolls back out again into nearby cars while they walk off.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Niric posted:

Are an absence of trolley deposits a sign of gentrification or something? Cos I haven't seen one in ages.

I think so. Sheerness not only has trolley deposits, but Tesco has security tagged the baskets. The big Sainsburies (and M&S) up the road in Gilligham has free range trolleys.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Jakabite posted:

Hitting a good curve shot into the trolley shed accounting for a wonky wheel is what I can only assume winning Olympic gold feels like.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Hitting a good curve shot into the trolley shed accounting for a wonky wheel is what I can only assume winning Olympic gold feels like.

Getting the trolley in the bay and slotted into the ones already there? Better than sex.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Borrovan posted:

My buddy works the trolleys at my local Tesco & lets me use his magic wand for opening the locks without putting a quid in :smug:

I had a magic wand when I worked at M&S. I made it myself from a zip tie. Easy DIY trolley unlocker.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Recent talk on death by popo in the UK.

It turns out UK pigs don't (usually) try to murder you, they're just so loving clueless they'll do it by accident.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Failed Imagineer posted:

Until you leave your house key in the trolley. I guess you can get those thingies that are just for the trolley, but I don't want to be a person who carries around 20 keys and tools on a big ring

I've got three separate keyrings. :smugdog:

The tools are in the wallet.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Communist Thoughts posted:

Yeah I don't think it's all manufactured but I do think some of it is cynical.
Talking about 6pm curfews for all men and crazy things that just start arguments for the news to push.

And it helps to push the "did the cops know? (almost certainly)" into the long grass

I hope something good will come of it but I kinda just think it's gonna be another big national argument with no political impact other than the country continues lurching rightwards.

I think this is the take except that it isn't manufactured or cynical, it's just honest idiocy. Jones is pretty emblematic of Green higher ups, it's so obviously true that men are significantly more violent than women that if you spent a few hours reading studies you might well daydream about an evening, perhaps once a month, where it is only women and men stay home, but then anyone with half a brain would realise how ridiculous and unworkable that is but still, the idea right!?

"Curfews for men" even taken tongue in cheek, even delivered in the Lords not the Commons, absolutely just materially helped Police organisations get off the hook, it achieved absolutely nothing except ensuring culture war bilge would cover all discussion of the Everard case. It's virtue signalling while actively hurting the chances of any meaningful positive reform happening, Green Party leadership writ large.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

endlessmonotony posted:

I've got three separate keyrings. :smugdog:

The tools are in the wallet.

Sounds like the tools in the tactical boots

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jakabite posted:

BTW I finished that game I mentioned before, Breathedge. I had a lot of fun even though the game clearly accelerates after the initial portions where you could only be in space for a minute at a time before suffocating compared to the later game where you can basically free float without a fuckin' care and then never go into space outside of your spaceship again.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

The killer pig has ended up in hospital w head injuries again inside 48 hours. Totally nothing to see here.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I loved that in New Zealand, they call trolleys "trundlers". The trundler problem sounds a lot less intense.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

BTW I finished that game I mentioned before, Breathedge. I had a lot of fun even though the game clearly accelerates after the initial portions where you could only be in space for a minute at a time before suffocating compared to the later game where you can basically free float without a fuckin' care and then never go into space outside of your spaceship again.

Thanks for reminding me to check this out!

I really hope the police for once exercise a modicum of restraint in regards to the protests tomorrow. I’m genuinely worried for those attending, full solidarity to them. Who am I kidding though, we’ll get the usual heavy handed authoritarian bullshit. gently caress the pigs. Scum, every last one of them.

jacksbrat
Oct 15, 2012

The Sainsbury's near me doesn't seem to require the poonds because the apartments here are always loving littered with them in the stairwells and outside. They're the main source of consternation in the local Facebook group. I can see through the window that my neighbours have 2 of them inside their living room.

Either that or its cheap storage furniture for £1 a pop and a particular aesthetic.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

gently caress off out of this thread, Vitamin P.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
yeah the houses around one of the places i work in all seem to have their own personal shopping trolley parked outside lol

i always go to the supermarket late and there's usually a bloke wrangling the abandoned ones at that time. he sings and talks loudly to himself. i wouldn't abandon a trolley unless i had an emergency phone call from a family member, or diarrhea

i like this trolley chat because they're a fascinating artefact if you think about it. I remember they played a large part in at least two of Terry Pratchett's books

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what was the one that wasn't Reaper Man?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Johnny and the Bomb

mad old woman time travels with a shopping trolley - i forget all of the details

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
This ginormous shopping trolley was (still is) located outside HyperOne, the supermarket I used most when I lived near Cairo:

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Comrade Fakename posted:

gently caress off out of this thread, Vitamin P.

No, I like it here it's a good and interesting online space.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
when i worked nights in tesco some of the lads there would joust in them with brushes

i didn't have a go though. i've never been one for joining in, myself

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
they used to watch babestation in the canteen too and would sometimes go PHWOOOOAAAAAAAAAR

PHWOOOOOOOOAR, like that

can't say i joined in that, either

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

This ginormous shopping trolley was (still is) located outside HyperOne, the supermarket I used most when I lived near Cairo:

That this hasn't ended up in the Nile is a damning (damming?) indictment of Egyptian youth ingenuity

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

crispix posted:

they used to watch babestation in the canteen too and would sometimes go PHWOOOOAAAAAAAAAR

PHWOOOOOOOOAR, like that

can't say i joined in that, either

cripix in a solo trolley just spraying load down the frozen food aisle while his coworkers were trapped on babestation

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is there a 24/7 babestation channel or something I thought it was the kind of thing that only appeared at specific ungodly hours when you were 12 and watching TV with the volume down at 2 in the morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/lbc/status/1370501248227667968?s=21

Jesus Christ, again?

This is starting to smell seriously Epsteinish.