Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

blossommirage posted:

Kakes had a great career. When he first came to Atlanta, I did not think I'd be this sad about him leaving. Definitely could have gotten 3k in a just world.

Seems like the combo of feeling your performance level start to dip while being aware that your kids are growing up awful fast is a tough one.

My favorite Braves retirement remains Billy Wagner, who left 10 million on the table because he decided he'd rather be back on his farm with his alpacas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Julio Cruz posted:

considering how many bad takes there are ITT it's kinda hard to keep track between the ones that people genuinely believe and the ones that are just being ironic

next you'll be telling me that Cubs fans don't actually believe Kyle Schwarber is a good player

Cubs fans' friendship with Kyle Schwarber is ended, Joc Pederson is our new best friend.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I think I'll be avoiding the ballpark this year

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

He's only 2.5 stars in OOTP 21, average at best.

Who tf uses the star scale when the toggle for the 20-80 scale is right there?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/BizballMaury/status/1370430399931817991

The Mariners own 71% of ROOT sports. They're about to get a fuckton more $$$ from their TV deal.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I think I'll be avoiding the ballpark this year

Given how conservative baseball fans tend to skew, there’s no way in hell ballparks are going to be even performatively safe this year. It’ll just be 40k seats full of dicknoses and “I’m holding this beer, therefore I can sit here without my mask on in case I decide to take a drink”.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Julio Cruz posted:

considering how many bad takes there are ITT it's kinda hard to keep track between the ones that people genuinely believe and the ones that are just being ironic

next you'll be telling me that Cubs fans don't actually believe Kyle Schwarber is a good player

Bill James Favorite Toy is in no way anything more than a curio, but after 2018 it had Markakis as a 41% chance to reach 3000. This is, by way of comparison, significantly higher than it had David Ortiz to reach 500 dingers after his age 34 season.

And Markakis was just the latest in a long line of well-tenured good but not great players who had a good year in their mid-30s and got everyone to look at his counting stats. Prior members of this club involve Blue Lives Matter stan Johnny Damon. Who the Toy gave 38% to make 3000 after his age 34 season.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

That actually wasn't the original design. They modified that a few years back when they decided to turn that entire area into a 21+ area so they could serve hard alcohol.

The pitchers absolutely hate it though :v:

Drunk mid 20s seattle girls cat calling them should a young relievers dream :colbert:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sydin posted:

Cubs fans' friendship with Kyle Schwarber is ended, Joc Pederson is our new best friend.

Joc seems way cooler than Kyle anyway.

I also keep forgetting that Opening Day is April 1st, which is also the day I will be getting my second vaccine dose :toot:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Inspector_666 posted:

I also keep forgetting that Opening Day is April 1st, which is also the day I will be getting my second vaccine dose :toot:

April fool's! It's a needle full of heroin.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/pagesix/status/1370480815310831626?s=21

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
2021 was supposed to be a good year!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

:(

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

presumably the dream of Mets ownership was the only thing keeping them together

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Decided to look up how much it would cost for me to "legally" watch the Mariners.

So, I live in a condo that has an exclusive agreement with Wave cable. That means no Comcast, no Dish / DirecTV, etc.

Let's check streaming providers... so far AT&T is the only one signed with Root, and that's in their Choice package that runs $85 a month. It includes a bunch of other channels I would never watch.

How much does Wave cable cost? Well, it's in their "expanded content" pass, so I'd have to pay $35/mo for the base cable package, then on top of that $75 for the expanded content package, which puts me at $100/month to watch them.

There's no other way to do it, lmao a loving racket.

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003

There’s no way I’d give a penny to MLB right now. Want to support the game and the players but it won’t be through the league / cable.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Yeah I just spent the whole ~6 months or whatever assuming either Hulu or Youtube would eventually patch up their dispute with the regional Foxes over the course of the offseason and it seems they have not...

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Love owners crying about fan bases then literally creating Calvinball version of baseball to “attract fans” while they simultaneously make it impossible to watch the games.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

big brain play is to share a T-Mobile family plan and live a few states away from your team of choice.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

bees x1000 posted:

big brain play is to share a T-Mobile family plan and live a few states away from your team of choice.

The only downside of being an M's fan in Minnesota is that they keep coming in April when the weather isn't the best. That, and the being an M's fan part. But you sure do get to watch a lot of bad baseball without any hoops to jump through.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bees x1000 posted:

:hmmyes:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Time to shoot that shot

https://twitter.com/JoseCanseco/status/1370512611121405955
https://twitter.com/JoseCanseco/status/1370516217128050688
https://twitter.com/JoseCanseco/status/1370521721988472832

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

a-rod and j-lo need to seek immediate marriage counseling on the Mike Francesa Show.

Apr 7, 2003

Some Wikipedia editor is slacking.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

seiferguy posted:

There's no other way to do it, lmao a loving racket.

I’m glad we’re now moving to an area that gets Spectrum so I can actually watch the Dodgers, the team that was literally on a local channel for my entire childhood before money came into the picture. (Yes I know I could now technically get a satellite dish, but forget that.) This sport is going to lose a lot of kids who can watch basketball and football a thousand different ways instead.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Keep in mind Jose predicted this (From January 12):

https://twitter.com/JoseCanseco/status/1349163931068035078

Also the fact that the Rangers are planning on having an opening day crowd at full capacity then adjust accordingly after that, well thats just perfect Texas.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Shoot through it, Jose. I believe in you!

Apr 7, 2003

He's a national treasure.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It would've been the most Mets thing to ever Mets if Arod and JLo bought the Mets and then broke up and control of the Mets ended up in court for like 10 years lol.

Apr 7, 2003

My dad grew up in Newark and my mom was all about the David Cone mets so I still have a soft spot for the Mets today.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BaseballQuotes1/status/1370489725484732423

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

Joc cares about exactly two things: sneakers and hitting massive dingers

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

This has serious Tracy Jordan energy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gns1wFcQnbc&t=9s

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1370750508487471104

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Oh my goodness gracious! Of all the dramatic things, of all the dramatic things I've ever seen, A-Rod and J-Lo standing right in on the New York Post announcing they are back.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

They couldn't stand being so thoroughly owned by Jose Canseco.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Braves will open at 33% capacity, which is too many but better than the at least 50% I would have guessed. https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/1370747059729539072?s=20

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Phew. I knew true love would win out.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Lmao at anybody believing in the Mets. They're the Mets. Theyre gonna win like 80 games and the Braves'll run away with the East again. Same as it ever was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Mustached Demon posted:

They couldn't stand being so thoroughly owned by Jose Canseco.

another relationship saved by canseco, what a hero

e:

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1370787834362277897

Huh, never knew this happened. Man I wouldn't want to be the pitcher who let a 59 year old non-player run a full count before striking out

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 13, 2021