Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

yea I shamefully actively (not MUCH but still) campaigned for clinton and was an insufferable D&D prick about it here even after voting Sanders in the primaries. Her losing, being too cowardly to even give her own speech the night of, and then the entire DNC choosing to focus on 'PUTIN'S PUPPET' nonsense was what made me realize what a loving rube I was supporting dems.

could be worse, you could have done what i did in 2016 and registered republican to vote for trump in the primaries thinking he would be the easiest one to beat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Shipon posted:

could be worse, you could have done what i did in 2016 and registered republican to vote for trump in the primaries thinking he would be the easiest one to beat

It's called voting tactically, you wouldn't understand :smugdog:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

conflating twitter "harassment", a.k.a. tweeting at people, with sexual harassment is pretty gross

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Cuomosexuality should be punishable by death

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Someone posted a tweet in here that said the covid bill was a scam and the 1400 insufficient since it was costing each taxpayer 17k.
Anyone got a citation for this?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Shipon posted:

lol you will never live this down. im glad you got less stupid

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Shipon posted:

to be fair maybe he was the easiest one to beat

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Shipon posted:

lol hell yeah dude

THS
Sep 15, 2017

comedyblissoption posted:

to be fair maybe he was the easiest one to beat

nah i think rubio or jeb would have lost. it would have been lower turnout for the republicans

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
lmao i stayed home and laughed when i read that hillary lost

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Judakel posted:

that night was insanely funny

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Judakel posted:

The bill burr roasts of Crooked Hillary were amazing.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

THS posted:

nah i think rubio or jeb would have lost. it would have been lower turnout for the republicans

Yeah, no one who hadn't already turned out for Romney was going to turn out for any of them, or really any of the others who weren't Trump.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The Demilich posted:

Someone posted a tweet in here that said the covid bill was a scam and the 1400 insufficient since it was costing each taxpayer 17k.
Anyone got a citation for this?

I'm guessing someone divided 1.9T by some arbitrary "number of taxpaying Americans" figure they pulled out of their rear end

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
lmao
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1370508215369273349

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Shipon posted:

galaxy brain d&d moves

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Shipon posted:

And yet you did not delete your account in shame.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQQEKkY2b7s

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Pictured: A man who is feeling great and in control.

https://twitter.com/corinne_perkins/status/1370507663675637764?s=19

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Shipon posted:

I voted for him in the general thinking it would be funny and, well

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Thoguh posted:

Pictured: A man who is feeling great and in control.

https://twitter.com/corinne_perkins/status/1370507663675637764?s=19

How can everyone treat this frail old grandma so awfully?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Do you like cuddling with older men under blankets and sipping mineral water?

Peragus
Sep 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/Reductress/status/1369392687716179973

quote:

As Democrats, we can’t let our superior morals become our own downfall, or even really apply them to ourselves at all. If this doesn’t sound right to you, just remember: Republicans are bad! And people who commit sexual misconduct are bad. So when a Republican is accused it’s like, that makes sense, but when a Democrat is accused that doesn’t make sense, and we should be filtering everything through this lens.

reductress usually has more misses than hits for me but lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Compare Hunter Biden to Chelsea Clinton: Chelsea Clinton has used her last name to publish terrible books, get involved with political campaigns, and potentially run for office. Hunter Biden used his last name to grift $50,000/month from a Ukrainian corporation and used that money to buy drugs and stay in expensive hotels.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Compare Hunter Biden to Chelsea Clinton: Chelsea Clinton has used her last name to publish terrible books, get involved with political campaigns, and potentially run for office. Hunter Biden used his last name to grift $50,000/month from a Ukrainian corporation and used that money to buy drugs and stay in expensive hotels.

Hunter doesn't make an rear end of himself on twitter trying to teach refugees about the concept of racism either.

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 00:43 on Mar 13, 2021

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Thoguh posted:

And yet you did not delete your account in shame.

are you kidding the past 4 years has been nonstop entertainment

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I learned yesterday that anything that is considered a “core staple“ is excluded from the CPI. What is a core staple? Anything you have to buy no matter what the cost is. Food, Medical, Gasoline, Utilities, Housing are all examples of a “core staple” that are not included in the CPI.

If you include all of those things into the CPI, it's gone up 7% - 13% year over year since 2000.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

DoomTrainPhD posted:

I learned yesterday that anything that is considered a “core staple“ is excluded from the CPI. What is a core staple? Anything you have to buy no matter what the cost is. Food, Medical, Gasoline, Utilities, Housing are all examples of a “core staple” that are not included in the CPI.

If you include all of those things into the CPI, it's gone up 7% - 13% year over year since 2000.

"China is lying about the growth of its economy!" I say as I rewrite the CPI basket to only include bargain bin TVs

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

What are you talking about, it's totally fine that people make $7.50 an hour when a loaf of bread costs five bucks.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

DoomTrainPhD posted:

what is the justification for that?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

WorkerThread posted:

would make capitalism look bad

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

WorkerThread posted:

To keep the CPI artificially low, which suppresses wages.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/coreinflation.asp posted:

Food and energy prices are exempt from this calculation because their prices can be too volatile or fluctuate wildly. Food and energy are necessary staples, meaning demand for them doesn't change much even as prices rise. For example, gas prices may rise with the price of oil, but you will still need to fill up the tank in order to drive your car. Similarly, you won't be pushing off buying your groceries just because prices are rising at the store.

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 00:56 on Mar 13, 2021

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

WorkerThread posted:

Boomers shriek about a few years of high inflation in their youth in the late 70s/early 80s, so we just make sure inflation is defined to always be low

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

I voted for him in the general thinking it would be funny and, well

It was pretty funny...

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

DoomTrainPhD posted:

To keep the CPI artificially low, which suppresses wages.

things you need to survive is too volatile to measure, so we don't include that when defining if youre poor

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Pryor on Fire posted:

Do you like cuddling with older men under blankets and sipping mineral water?

he's not even day-drinking? teh gently caress is the point of getting fired if you ain't drunk by noon

THS
Sep 15, 2017

learning about how the CPI works is one of the most illuminating things with regard to how 100% bullshit US economic statistics are

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

THS posted:

learning about how the CPI works is one of the most illuminating things with regard to how 100% bullshit US economic statistics are

It sure is!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1370442080636575744

lol 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

thalweg posted:

Sounds like the left, always asking for everything all at once. You think they can just get rid of all child poverty all at once? It's not that simple, and we only just got 45 out of the white house. Why can't you be happy with the good things that are happening instead of trying to tear down the democrats who are working hard for you?

not nearly enough sneering condescension to be real