Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Blockhouse posted:

he looks like the middle point of griffin turning into justin animorphs style

Truly the middlest brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bonaventure posted:

contra muppeting
* nobody knows what muppeting is
* i associate the remarkable quality of muppet faces with how they scrunch up when anxious or angry, the opposite of the expression in question
* muppets are good and the face is bad

Do some of you live in places they don't have Muppets or something? Sesame Street has localized versions worldwide and even if you were too old to watch it you've surely encountered a child at some point who has.

*Everyone* knows what muppeting is, it's the face Travis makes. It's an expression of goofy, mouth-agape joy.

Pham Nuwen posted:

This is a great, self-explanatory word for it, and I'm gonna go with it. Even if "Capt. Rainbowbeard" sounds like the sort of username Travis would have...

Lol, fair. My facial hair is naturally brown, black, white, blond, and red, though.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Do some of you live in places they don't have Muppets or something? Sesame Street has localized versions worldwide and even if you were too old to watch it you've surely encountered a child at some point who has.

*Everyone* knows what muppeting is, it's the face Travis makes. It's an expression of goofy, mouth-agape joy.

nobody in the entire universe associates the term muppeting with that face

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Jfc what have I done

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

“Dipshit face” is gender neutral, has no baggage, and anyone doing that expression looks like a dipshit.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I gotta say, it really just seems like a normal face to me that does not inspire any particular emotion, and the amount of rage it apparently generates among you folks kinda makes me feel like I am in the Twilight Zone.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ariong posted:

I gotta say, it really just seems like a normal face to me that does not inspire any particular emotion, and the amount of rage it apparently generates among you folks kinda makes me feel like I am in the Twilight Zone.

Yeah I cannot believe we're still loving talking about this

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It's vaguely embarrassing but not the end of the world, and using the 4chan term for it is not going to bring about full fascism.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's what they said about gamergate

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I notice how nobody is owning up to living in a fifth-world country with no Muppets, the beloved Travis-face-making puppets.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

flavor.flv posted:

That's what they said about gamergate

gamergate was the symptom

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah I cannot believe we're still loving talking about this

Really? This thread?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Shinjobi posted:

Really? This thread?

Yeah. Yeah you're right I can absolutely believe it.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

someone make a list of acceptable topics for this thread now that everyone complains about derails and also complains when people give their opinions about the show

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Travis' mouth is the Munch Squad of MaxFun ads.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

everyone has seen the muppets, nobody calls that face or any face 'muppeting'

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Alaois posted:

nobody in the entire universe associates the term muppeting with that face

IronicDongz posted:

everyone has seen the muppets, nobody calls that face or any face 'muppeting'

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

So how about that adventure zone? Sure are a lot of npcs huh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Elvis_Maximus posted:

So how about that adventure zone? Sure are a lot of npcs huh

Oh yeah we can talk about how in the latest episode, Travis has the PCs' teacher force drugs on them.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh yeah we can talk about how in the latest episode, Travis has the PCs' teacher force drugs on them.

lol please explain further for those of us not listening to graduation anymore

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

eke out posted:

lol please explain further for those of us not listening to graduation anymore

From the majority of the reactions I've seen on both Reddit and surprisingly Twitter where it's getting some significant blowback, the first 27 minutes is Althea trying to convince the boys to take a nap, eventually basically roofieing them so they could have dream sequences.

E: Apparently even the separate side subreddit that was made to only say nice things about Graduation is having a hard time finding nice things to say about this episode.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 13, 2021

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

From the majority of the reactions I've seen on both Reddit and surprisingly Twitter where it's getting some significant blowback, the first 27 minutes is Althea trying to convince the boys to take a nap, eventually basically roofieing them so they could have dream sequences.

E: Apparently even the separate side subreddit that was made to only say nice things about Graduation is having a hard time finding nice things to say about this episode.

:wtc:

That's honestly a whole new level of railroading. Like why not just wait for them to take a long rest if you really want to do a dream sequence.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

nah the first half is staggeringly boring but the thing about the teacher is that in the back half festo drags them to a forest and forces them to take drugs (I think Travis literally calls it "PCP, mushrooms, and LSD," which is somehow lamer than making up a fantasy drug) which somehow restores fitzroy's magic to him. griffin explicitly didn't want to and when it was clear Travis was railroading towards this said something to the effect of "okay I will take the drugs my teacher is forcing on me against my will"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And at one point, the PCs seem to actually seriously consider the proposal of just leaving on a boat and abandoning the story

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao that loving rules, maybe it's time to start listening again for the spiral down the drain

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

railroading is a core part of the adventure zone experience going back to pedals to the metal

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Valentin posted:

nah the first half is staggeringly boring but the thing about the teacher is that in the back half festo drags them to a forest and forces them to take drugs (I think Travis literally calls it "PCP, mushrooms, and LSD," which is somehow lamer than making up a fantasy drug) which somehow restores fitzroy's magic to him. griffin explicitly didn't want to and when it was clear Travis was railroading towards this said something to the effect of "okay I will take the drugs my teacher is forcing on me against my will"

So what you're saying is the game's turned into an r/RPGhorrorstories post

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Elvis_Maximus posted:

:wtc:

That's honestly a whole new level of railroading. Like why not just wait for them to take a long rest if you really want to do a dream sequence.

I haven't listened to the episode but TAZ has only taken like 1 or 2 long rests since Gerblins.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

And at one point, the PCs seem to actually seriously consider the proposal of just leaving on a boat and abandoning the story

I feel like this entire saga would have been redeemed if they actually did this and it just ended.

I've been liking some things and not liking some things about Graduation, but this latest episode was chock full of all the worst things about this season. I hope we wrap up soon and start something new.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Valentin posted:

So this one ISNT going to be a comic?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Waffleman_ posted:

Since you didn't listen to it maybe you shouldnt share other things people just made up on Reddit?

First 15 minutes is making a plan to get into the school. Then Travis suggests that they take a long rest which they all quickly agree since they have low HP. Before the rest Travis allows the players to just talk to themselves for a while and they make some goofs. Then they sleep. There is one quick dream about what the Commodore is doing. Then one to close a Firbolg plot loop. Then a longer one where all 3 talk to Chaos and get some information about them. Then Festo wakes them up and invites them to a Fairy Rave.

Valentin posted:

Nah this is not correct either. Fitz is
extremely excited to go to the Fairy Rave and they all willingly take the Fairy Ectasy right away. The whole thing is like 5 minutes and is just a quick plot device to get his powers back ahead of the finale.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Yeah what, 100% what Zero One said. :confused: like Griffin literally went "YEAH!" about going to the party and then they immediately all talked about their party outfits, and his only reluctance about the drug is that Fitzroy is worried about obviously doing drugs in front of the Goodcastle knights who just arrived.

The only thing that particularly annoyed me in this episode is I feel like Travis could do a better job making inhuman NPCs like Chaos/Order or the forest spirit feel more otherworldly. I can't really put my finger on it, but it feels like they're missing that element that would make them more interesting and differentiate them.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Would love to read more of y'all's grudge fanfics though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Stroop There It Is posted:

Would love to read more of y'all's grudge fanfics though

It is what we do here!

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

at 51:05, on MaxFun:

https://maximumfun.org/episodes/adventure-zone/the-adventure-zone-graduation-ep-35-multiple-choice/

quote:

T: Festo distributes three vials and says, "Hurry, drink this!"

G: No, now-- no boys, don't! I've, no, Festo!

T: It's drugs!

J: I'm already drinking it.

C: Okay, yeah.

G: What kind of, I, my boss--

T: Drink it!

G: There's another Goodcastle knight like, here!

T: Don't make me magic slap you!

G: Okay, I-- I drink, I drink the drugs under threatened, threat of violence from the teacher at this school!

T: *beat* Yeah, it's a cool sitch.

i get that you're saying it's a fun bit but griffin clearly does cotton to it not being extremely dope to put in their vocally progressive podcast, which is probably why they've added a content warning to the ep for drugs lol

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Yea reading that quote its fine but of course it's not really shocking it's been misconstrued and blown out of proportion so much, this is a fan base that freaks out at silly things like Fat Shark and frequently overreact to the slightest thing so they can accuse the brothers of not being the most progressive people on the planet.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Was fat shark a different thing than glass shark?

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Fat shark love the glass kid. That's one thing you GOTTA know

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Just Chamber posted:

Yea reading that quote its fine but of course it's not really shocking it's been misconstrued and blown out of proportion so much, this is a fan base that freaks out at silly things like Fat Shark and frequently overreact to the slightest thing so they can accuse the brothers of not being the most progressive people on the planet.

The boys are so straight edge the refused to do episode number 420 because they know drugs are for losers.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Half of Dracula posted:

Fat shark love the glass kid. That's one thing you GOTTA know

I am ready for this animatic