Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Name's Blonde, Janes Blonde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Played some Hyper Light Drifter last night. It was in my mind from seeing the Solar Ash trailer and then I discovered I already owned it on Steam and had apparently played like 15 minutes and I guess bounced off it? I don't know why because I knocked out the east and north sections last night and am finding it super fun and satisfying, though I find myself wishing the response on the dash was just a touch snappier as I keep dashing myself directly in to lovely situations.
I have zero loving idea what's going on with the story but it's certainly moody and evocative and the art is stunningly beautiful.

I've also been playing Ghosts n Goblins on the NES Online thing on the Switch to scratch an itch I feel to run out and buy Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection even though I suspect my interest in the game won't last. Finally cleared the first stage yesterday but game overed in stage 2 pretty quickly afterwards - I can feel myself slowly improving though which is satisfying.

Red Arremers can go gently caress themselves.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I just got to a bit in AI: The Somnium files where I accidentally ended the game because I flirted with the big titty receptionist too much and my character decided to stop everything, quit the police force and live a peaceful life by the seaside with her.

Hell yeah

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
There's a part of me that wishes Heroes of Might and Magic 3 would get the Age of Empires 2 treatment, where some random company just starts releasing expansions for it that do a pretty decent job of expanding on the base game.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

haveblue posted:

Elle Woods: Ace Attorney

Take my money.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

raditts posted:

I've been enjoying your darksouls streams so far, and I made some fan art in your honor

Hahaha This is incredible! Holy moly it is so true. :D The amount of deaths I have because I forgot to heal.

Thank you. And thank you to those who joined me for five hours of dark souls 2. There were some amazing moments tonight.

Accidentally hitting the wall next to lucatiel and not actually aggroing her despite taking off a sliver of health.

A pretty fantastic parry in some swampy waters under a church.

Laughing as I get murdered by piglets before even getting a weapon.

Meeting the fearsome dragon rider and knocking out the clown almost immediately.

Running past some big iron dudes into the face of a dragon.

Losing some pretty easy battles including doing the last giant first time because I forgot to heal.

It was amazing fun and I am really, really enjoying myself in Dark Souls 2. And most importantly I loved having you there watching and laughing with me :3:

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Wamdoodle posted:

I want a new Gundam Breaker game. Making your own Gundam OC but also being able to make the actual named Gundams in GB3 was great. Also how the battles were framed as basically kids playing with their toys owned.

I'm still mad the only one officially released in the west fuckin sucked rear end.

New Gundam Breaker was just incredibly bad.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I played the Gundam JRPG (MS Saga A New Dawn) for PS2 like a year ago and it was pretty fun. I liked how the parts had like, big character changes as opposed to some of the other Gundam games I tried where the actual mix-and-match component was kinda weak

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
its surprising there is no "build-a-bear" for gundmans/mecha game. Just seems like something that'd be easy to bash into an MMO or looter-game mold.

Also what happened to lightguns? I wonder if FPS could be made into a fun genre with the use of such a controller.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Khanstant posted:

Also what happened to lightguns? I wonder if FPS could be made into a fun genre with the use of such a controller.

VR is basically this

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i wish they would get vr at my house

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Khanstant posted:

its surprising there is no "build-a-bear" for gundmans/mecha game. Just seems like something that'd be easy to bash into an MMO or looter-game mold.
thats gundam breaker

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What does everyone here like more when it comes to mecha, real robots like with gundam & patlabor or super robots like with big o & gurren lagann

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I like robots that use a large crew. I dont like mind link technology stuff like eva or pac rim. I like a tank crew style thing with levers and gears

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

What does everyone here like more when it comes to mecha, real robots like with gundam & patlabor or super robots like with big o & gurren lagann

Any robot that is big is what I like

Real hurthling! posted:

I like robots that use a large crew. I dont like mind link technology stuff like eva or pac rim. I like a tank crew style thing with levers and gears

Is there any media that depicts something like this? Usually there's the pilot and then they have a crew but not all on the same mecha.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wamdoodle posted:

Is there any media that depicts something like this? Usually there's the pilot and then they have a crew but not all on the same mecha.

I can think of a few, but nothing that has it really matter from like, a gameplay perspective.

(Warhammer, Metal Fatigue and Brigador off the top of my head)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

space runaway ideon

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Acerbatus posted:

I can think of a few, but nothing that has it really matter from like, a gameplay perspective.

(Warhammer, Metal Fatigue and Brigador off the top of my head)

Ah, neat!

homeless snail posted:

space runaway ideon

Vaguely remember hearing about this series and looked it up and the titular mecha sounds terrifying.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Does cruelty squad get better the more I play it or if I didn’t like playing the first level and refunded it then I shouldn’t think about it anymore? I think it was a general confusion about how to play and the soundtrack being too loud is what turned me off it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hostess with the Moltres posted:

Does cruelty squad get better the more I play it or if I didn’t like playing the first level and refunded it then I shouldn’t think about it anymore? I think it was a general confusion about how to play and the soundtrack being too loud is what turned me off it.

David jaffe account spotted

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

Vaguely remember hearing about this series and looked it up and the titular mecha sounds terrifying.
it is famously horrifying

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Wamdoodle posted:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

oh son of a :doh:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:cmon:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Big O has a massive crew of 2, sometimes

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

homeless snail posted:

it is famously horrifying
Horrifying how? I did an image search for it and it certainly doesn't look particularly unusual.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
What's the best skeleton game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cheetah7071 posted:

Diablo 2

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Grim Fandango.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Actually this is the answer I think

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cheetah7071 posted:

Mr Bones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c9br4VL-8I&t=860s

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

Horrifying how? I did an image search for it and it certainly doesn't look particularly unusual.