Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Flannelette posted:

Doesn't the n64 have 64bit precision?

only in wave race 64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mirificus posted:

This is looking very, very promising for libel.

Jesus christ

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen is poo

Come on sue me CIG, let's go to discovery!

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Sarsapariller posted:

They know that. They are using very standard conservative media tactics for bad PR because that's what they have been immersed in

* Question the source, not the statement. No matter how obviously true it is, make sure the argument is about whether or not the person saying it can be "Fully trusted." You can make the fact that the sky is blue seem doubtful, if you somehow paint the picture that the guy claiming it is a pedophile.

* Never tie multiple instances together. Each new bad story is an isolated incident with no connection to anything else. If you do have to refer to an old story, hand-wave at it as a hit piece by angry media that hates (thing X) and wants (thing X) to fail.

* If you can find even one fact to dispute, the whole story is a lie made up by the angry journalists. The dispute does not have to make sense.

* As soon as possible, pivot off of the negative story to the latest big positive spin. Keep trying this until it sticks and the narrative shifts.

or: just send your minions out to defend you. so your company does not have to take a stance.
(which is already a sign of a dysfunctional company)
if your minions dont want to do that, fire them.
if your minions are prooved wrong, its their problem.

its a sign of a company that does not protect its employees but sacrifices them if needed and thats sad.
but as long as the backers approve lets just lol @ cig.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/aHYNqUn.mp4

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Time_pants posted:

Spearmint: an authority on all things family-oriented.

so your dad is not an human-animal hybrid with tentacles?

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
well once squadron 64 is out we will all die in agony anyway so enjoy your friday night and drive savely im drunk and an idiot so there is that but let me say one thing and the thing is well i forgot the thing i wanted to say why did i forget this

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

CIG is so supportive of their employee's health that the VP of marketing gave free donuts to employees who were dieting!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Bmac32 posted:

It's like an experiment in "There is no such thing as bad press" taken to extremes. They really are pushing the boundaries of bullshit.

The impressive part is that so far they are getting away with it because of idiot whales and the fog of war that prevents actual accounts of the dumbfuckery.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 12, 2021

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
The Week in Clips

Monday

https://clips.twitch.tv/OpenEnjoyablePuppyYouWHY-EPC0oN83grM9iXpa

Tuesday

https://clips.twitch.tv/DistinctRoughMooseDxCat-BLYxiyi18ZUBbRWL

Wednesday

https://clips.twitch.tv/HonestRelatedChipmunkTBCheesePull-Dx1FzdLer-yTfGiZ

Thursday

https://clips.twitch.tv/ShyHelplessYakCeilingCat-9FsraNGb9E46DGeM

Friday

https://clips.twitch.tv/ExpensiveFaithfulDinosaurHotPokket-1UTxZNXqksaJlwPa

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Zaphod42 posted:

You probably know this and are joking, but if not, while the n64 had a 64-bit processor it used 32-bit busses and would generally just perform 32-bit operations because they'd be much faster as a result.

It was mostly marketing, like "blast processing".

I tried explaining this to a friend once, but I had a hard time articulating it in terms he could understand. He wasn’t a programming/hardware guy. Also, maybe I’m just bad at it.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Bumble He posted:

well once squadron 64 is out we will all die in agony anyway so enjoy your friday night and drive savely im drunk and an idiot so there is that but let me say one thing and the thing is well i forgot the thing i wanted to say why did i forget this
:same:

ronmcd
Aug 27, 2017

Captain Richard there, dying a little inside.

edit - 50k, and as far as I remember he lives in a shared house with other streamers/gamers or some nonsense?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

ronmcd posted:

Captain Richard there, dying a little inside.

A bizarre window into Agony Aunt's post-SA life.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I am sophisticated adult that has paid a lot to see female breasts. Tits, as you wageslave plebescrubs call them.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019
Jesus christ these backer comments :barf:. I'd bet that those CIg employees saying everything is fine have similar brain damage

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Time_pants posted:

A bizarre window into Agony Aunt's post-SA life.

This confused me until I remembered he had a CaptainDick av.

What I'm saying is I need to get a life

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

uhhhncanny

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
3.13 coming to evocati

Ship-to-ship docking and trollies are in. It’s like 4.0 -3

Known Issues

Leaving a trolley in a door way will clip through the floor erratically and can kill players

Docking with a moving ship lags behind, causing a large snap into the docked position

Actor falls out ship when exiting moving merlin/connie

Major Bug Fixes

Replace me ball should no longer be present at the Customer Service in Trade & Development Division of Area18

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Pixelate posted:

Ship-to-ship docking

I love this. "Ship to ship docking," meaning one ship, the Merlin, and one other ship, the Constellation. And nothing else. Also "Vehicle names" meaning one vehicle, the 600i, and nothing else. Star Citizen's got it all! ...in very small quantities!

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

Thoatse posted:

uhhhncanny

https://twitter.com/kyle_neuron/status/1370539816438403072

Here’s what I was trying to post earlier. I’m sorry.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Neurophonic posted:

Here’s what I was trying to post earlier. I’m sorry.

:stonklol:

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

I am not ready for the future.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Sarsapariller posted:

God Chris Roberts is such a legendarily thin-skinned piece of poo poo

Anyway, how's about that tank model, that is totally a normal size for tanks:

I was just talking to my dad about how autocrats are so thin skinned. I mean Khashoggi was killed because he was writing nasty articles about the prince.

.random
May 7, 2007

Isn’t Zit Crea... m

e: ok fine, anagrams are hard

.random fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 13, 2021

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

text editor posted:

By mid next week, Egosoft will have released 2 space aim games with 2 expansion packs each in the time since the SC Kickstarter began, with way more features, more ships and even an engine rewrite in the mix.

With a 20-member team and sub.$1m/year in revenue

I own X4, whats the other game coming out? Are you talking about the Rebirth VR thing?
Cradle of Humanity is an expansion for X4 if thats what you're talking about.

EDIT: Hot drat the Terran ship redesigns look loving siiiiick.

DreadUnknown fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 13, 2021

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

DreadUnknown posted:

I own X4, whats the other game coming out? Are you talking about the Rebirth VR thing?
Cradle of Humanity is an expansion for X4 if thats what you're talking about.

EDIT: Hot drat the Terran ship redesigns look loving siiiiick.

Rebirth actually launched after star citizen started

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Holy poo poo you're right.
And its a much better game.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
I got X4 at launch but only started playing it a few months ago. It's a really great game since the Split Vendetta expansion and Cradle of Humanity looks fantastic.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Thank you Star Citizen thread for reminding me to start a new X4 game next week.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Generation Internet posted:

I got X4 at launch but only started playing it a few months ago. It's a really great game since the Split Vendetta expansion and Cradle of Humanity looks fantastic.

Oh man the Split game start is basically X4's version of Klingons and its loving awesome.
Everspace 2 is adding a bunch of new stuff soon looks like.

DreadUnknown fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 13, 2021

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Generation Internet posted:

I didn't pick up X3 until after Terrain Conflict got released and didn't play a lot until after Albion Prelude because the situations was much the same: the expansions really improved on the base game, and in retrospect the expansions felt necessary

But at least Egosoft knew they should hey put out a working base game to build on. It may not be everyone feature they were capable of developing and may not be everything they wanted to add, but releasing a working base keeps players engaged until polish and dream features can come

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Yes, of course we will listen to the man that has probably spent $100k USD by now on this video game, and the other man who seemingly does nothing but organize get-togethers and otherwise cheerlead said game 24/7

They are most assuredly a totally unbiased and grounded viewpoint in the debate on if a video game developer is treating their employees well or not.

L. Ron Hoover
Nov 9, 2009
Personally I'm waiting for Kotaku's next article, "The Sickening and Heartbreaking Truths of the CIG Empire"

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

L. Ron Hoover posted:

Personally I'm waiting for Kotaku's next article, "The Sickening and Heartbreaking Truths of the CIG Empire"

Texas experienced the worst kind of electricity outage.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I'm dumbfounded that they didn't know how bad Texas was. You'd have to be like my mom level of clueless and if you're like that you have no business being an executive.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

It's really so telling how many of these denials about the Texas stuff is coming from randos cig employees in the UK

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Sarsapariller posted:

There's something off with the scaling..

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm just imagining what a nightmare this thing would be when doing basic field maintenance required the crew to break track.

You can tell they thought about exactly none of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

L. Ron Hoover posted:

In the last 500 tiers,