Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Page snype, Lemme hear ya say “China sucks”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
alex r u happy Arsenal got Will I An

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i think he’s gervinho 2

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
fleeing plague, a concept invented on the something awful forums ityool 2020

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
I was in France before all the covid stuff started and tbh I shoulda stayed there

Edit: I'm in America rn

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
major self own there, condolences.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Tom Smykowski posted:

I was in France before all the covid stuff started and tbh I shoulda stayed there

Edit: I'm in America rn

i was in america in early march and my whole family was like "maybe you shouldnt go back to china" and i was like "idk all my friends in shanghai say its ok" and i got back in like 3 days before the border got locked down and now my family is like "can we come to china? lol"

this is my covid story.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

It's bad, fellas

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

im sure 2021 will be a lot better

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

i think he’s gervinho 2

they may finish top half of the table next year, it’s p exciting for u I imagine

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Flying to china is impossibly expensive rn.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

its better than walking

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Ceciltron posted:

from eurrope it seems better. ive noticed a lot of europeans returning as of late.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

Magna Kaser posted:

eurrope seems better.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ceciltron posted:

I can get a round trip from Honolulu to Beijing for under 680 bucks, lol

on Japan Airlines, of all places. I'd actually love to just sit on Japan airlines for like 24 hours for 350 bucks. that's a great deal. maybe I should do that and just turn around and come back home.

the first flight is 36 hours, with layovers in Kona and Narita. lol. that's less than 10 dollars an hour to sit on Japan Airlines and hang out in cool airports. I really should consider this

SB35
Jul 6, 2007
Move along folks, nothing to see here.
This thread is dead. Do any of you live in China anymore?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

China lives in us all

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

SB35 posted:

We're planning on going back to Kunming ASAP, probably not permanently but for a decent stretch.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Jeoh posted:

China lives in us all

Specifically in our cardiac and pulmonary systems.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

SB35 posted:

i do

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Grand Fromage posted:

Specifically in our cardiac and pulmonary systems.

Hah!

My semi-annual month long trip has been put on indefinite hold by covid. Who knows how long it'll be before americans are allowed back in without getting anally violated.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I am in China. Haven't left since well before COVID.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

VideoTapir posted:

I am in China. Haven't left since well before COVID.

same

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Ya Ive been here the whole time.

Kinda sucks I wanted to go on vacation outside China but covid

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

i did go back to the US during CNY last year cuz I had already planned to and who knew what was gonna happen.

I remember I came back in early March, before you had to quarantine or anything coming into China, and my family & friends in the states kept telling me to stay in America where a pandemic will be much safer & better.

I was like idk my friends in China say its like quiet & normal so I'm gonna go.

man i do not regret that decision.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Magna Kaser posted:

i did go back to the US during CNY last year cuz I had already planned to and who knew what was gonna happen.

I remember I came back in early March, before you had to quarantine or anything coming into China, and my family & friends in the states kept telling me to stay in America where a pandemic will be much safer & better.

I was like idk my friends in China say its like quiet & normal so I'm gonna go.

man i do not regret that decision.

We had tickets to go to Changsha last March, and gave them up because "holy poo poo we would be like 4 train stops from the epicenter". Should have gotten on that plane and stayed there.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Did you have the same conversations with friends and family in your home country about OH MY GOD ARE YOU OKAY while knowing what was coming?

Magna Kaser posted:

who knew what was gonna happen.

I knew the US was gonna be a shitstorm.

I was confident China would do a lot better, but I didn't anticipate the night-day difference.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Baddog posted:

We had tickets to go to Changsha last March, and gave them up because "holy poo poo we would be like 4 train stops from the epicenter". Should have gotten on that plane and stayed there.

LOL were you guys planning on moving to Changsha? I worked there for 4 years and will probably be back there sometime in the next few years.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
I moved to Beijing last summer. Awful lot of honkies around.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Christ, I missed out. Our finances never worked out to get us moved in time before the border shut.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Forceholy posted:

I moved to Beijing last summer.

my condolences

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I have this suspicion if i ever go back to the US I am gonna culture shock real loving hard.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

VideoTapir posted:

I have this suspicion if i ever go back to the US I am gonna culture shock real loving hard.

yah same

Baddog
May 12, 2001

GlassEye-Boy posted:

LOL were you guys planning on moving to Changsha? I worked there for 4 years and will probably be back there sometime in the next few years.

Just visiting the in-laws, I average a few weeks a year. We were gonna start going more frequently/shorter trips with cheap direct flights from LA, but gently caress, that airline went bankrupt. Who knows if that route is coming back in my lifetime.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Baddog posted:

Just visiting the in-laws, I average a few weeks a year. We were gonna start going more frequently/shorter trips with cheap direct flights from LA, but gently caress, that airline went bankrupt. Who knows if that route is coming back in my lifetime.

Yea I flew on that Hainan flight a lot. Direct flight was nice and short customs lines in Changsha.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Surprising how quickly I got used to not being a spectacle every time I set foot outside after coming to Shenzhen.

Unrelated: shenzhen sucks

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

counterpoint: shenzhen is good

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I was thinking of making a trip back this fall if Covid stuff eases up but idk

I unironically miss living in the center of tianjin and also the elephant graveyard of shenfuxinqu

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

Changsha is cool. Tian Jin is also cool.

Idk about Shenzhen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

shenzhen is good