Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is ideon the one where the little kid gets shot in the head

Edit: fun snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

be invoked yeah, is the movie where the child mascot character everyone loves from the series, gets his head vaporized by a laser bazooka

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fun fact: The vocalist on the new TMNT song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHMYwrC7oAo

Mike Patton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_k5CSYKhg

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Riffed on this recipe: https://www.justonecookbook.com/homemade-chashu-miso-ramen/

I was gonna add a few shrimp but forgot lol, protein-wise it felt fine with the egg and the ground pork as topping.

This soup was incredibly powerful, miso is very good

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Infinitum posted:

Fun fact: The vocalist on the new TMNT song?

more recent example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfkkSQwIE0g

e: even more recent is Dead Cross with dave lombardo but i'm not gonna link the video because it's *intense*

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Mar 13, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

homeless snail posted:

its an ancient god robot that the protagonists are barely in control of and are constantly discovering ever escalating new abilities throughout the series, accidentally destroying multiple planets along the way. the ideon movie ends in a battle where every major character dies violently one after the other, before ideon destroys earth and the aliens' planet followed by the entire galaxy

How much orange goop is involved

e: also I posted like almost a year ago at this point I think about wanting to play Monster Crown but its in early access and I don't think the entire story is done, or maybe there's not really an "end" and they're just gonna keep throwing in more and more stuff? When does a game "end" anymore? I would play until I run out of content, but there's a bunch of side poo poo to do like playing a tcg and stuff

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 13, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

more recent example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfkkSQwIE0g

e: even more recent is Dead Cross with dave lombardo but i'm not gonna link the video because it's *intense*

every time i hear a different part of mondo cane it's always amazing

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Today I killed Hojo in a raid on Shinra.

Felt good when I did it as a teen who wasn't really paying close attention, felt even more satisfying now. Hojo sucks majorly. Just an awful fictional badman.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaWorc9Y5GI

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I've beaten the Sinner, Rotten, and Old Iron King now on my dual caestus run! Just one more great lord soul to go :D

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
DS2 and 3 should have had tail weapons, or any kind of dismemberment weapon really, and it is a shame only DS1 had it.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I finished Hyper Light Drifter. What a great game.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I finally bought Slay the Spire the other day after thinking for a long time that it could be a game I could get into. My first two runs were duds where I just couldn't get it going but tonight I got the first character to the "end". I thought I was a goner when I traded my starting relic for the one that gives an energy but prevents you from getting potions but I just kept getting good relics and once I really got going, there was no looking back.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

bovis posted:

I've beaten the Sinner, Rotten, and Old Iron King now on my dual caestus run! Just one more great lord soul to go :D

Is this ds2? Stuff I have to look forward to?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Is this ds2? Stuff I have to look forward to?

Yep

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Sweet! So excite for tomorrow. :3: I have a feeling the mansion leads to some interesting stuff!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

No one looks forward to The Rotten.

E: DS2 has the loveliest main hub music of pretty much any game. Look forward to that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

stev posted:

No one looks forward to The Rotten.

E: DS2 has the loveliest main hub music of pretty much any game. Look forward to that.

VG does! Also he's heard it and he does love it appropriately

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
No idea what the rotten is but maybe we can become friends!! Hahah.

Yeah Majula has beautiful music. Probably my second or third favourite souls music I have heard so far.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was gonna add a few shrimp but forgot lol, protein-wise it felt fine with the egg and the ground pork as topping.

This soup was incredibly powerful, miso is very good
I wish I could get miso here, or that Korean chili paste you talked about once. The only way I could get my hands on some would be to mail order it and I just don't want to pay 500% markup over retail.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Cardiovorax posted:

I wish I could get miso here, or that Korean chili paste you talked about once. The only way I could get my hands on some would be to mail order it and I just don't want to pay 500% markup over retail.

The hell do you live?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Rotten did nothing wrong

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Ometeotl posted:

I finally bought Slay the Spire the other day after thinking for a long time that it could be a game I could get into. My first two runs were duds where I just couldn't get it going but tonight I got the first character to the "end". I thought I was a goner when I traded my starting relic for the one that gives an energy but prevents you from getting potions but I just kept getting good relics and once I really got going, there was no looking back.

I recommend checking out the Downfall mod when you feel like you've exhausted the main game. It lets you play as all of the bosses and they have some interesting (if a little overcomplicated) mechanics.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think someone on SA has an avatar of that

Simone Magus posted:

I like big bots, and I cannot lie.

:haibrow:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Argh I wish I liked musou games

Thinkin' about tolerating the gameplay to spend more time in P5 World

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Just tried out Doom 64 on Gamepass, and what a weird game. I don't think I've seen a single reused asset or level. Feels like a weird total conversion or something.

Might complete Kiwami 2 and then maybe start Prey before my gamepass subscription ends.

Have a blessed Saturday, goons.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Just tried out Doom 64 on Gamepass, and what a weird game. I don't think I've seen a single reused asset or level. Feels like a weird total conversion or something.

It's basically Doom 3 yeah. Good game by the first 7 levels are full, hell levels are great though!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

If it helps, it's much more of a Persona action-RPG with some musou flavor than a true musou game. The combat areas, called Jails, are set up much more like dungeons than musou maps. Enemy encounters are initiated a lot like in Persona 5, complete with ambushes. Using persona abilities can be done from a menu that pauses the action and lets you aim with a big AoE indicator. Managing SP and hitting enemy weaknesses is just as much a thing as in a Persona game.

Strikers has some musou affectations but I think I've seen people going into it expecting a musou generally being disappointed because it sorta isn't one.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Strikers combat is pretty fun i agree

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Walla posted:

The hell do you live?
The boonies. Asian supermarkets aren't exactly in high supply here. I'm lucky when I can get a bottle of mirin in a grocery store somewhere. I'm not driving an hour just for some bean paste.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Might complete Kiwami 2 and then maybe start Prey before my gamepass subscription ends.

Have a blessed Saturday, goons.

The 3 games you have quoted are all excellent and yet all so different

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Fought the first Valheim boss today. That was cool.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Monkey Fracas posted:

Give it a shot, it's more like 90% Persona, 10% musou. It's much closer to FF7R than Dynasty Warriors gameplay-wise.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Would you recommend it to someone who didn't enjoy Persona 5 all that much? I could currently get the game very cheap from an acquaintance who decided she didn't really like it.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Cardiovorax posted:

Would you recommend it to someone who didn't enjoy Persona 5 all that much? I could currently get the game very cheap from an acquaintance who decided she didn't really like it.

Depends why you didn't like it. If you liked the characters, aesthetic and story but not the gameplay or pacing, then maybe yes.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Cardiovorax posted:

I would recommend 100,000 videogames first

Have you played dark souls :aaaaa:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Depends why you didn't like it. If you liked the characters, aesthetic and story but not the gameplay or pacing, then maybe yes.
Gameplay was fine, it was specifically the characters and the story I didn't like. I adored Persona 4 and its overall themes of optimism and self-actualization and P5 was just way too 'teenaged rebellion' for an old man like me. Guess that's a no, then.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Have you played dark souls :aaaaa:
Yes, yes and yes.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 13, 2021

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

be invoked yeah, is the movie where the child mascot character everyone loves from the series, gets his head vaporized by a laser bazooka

owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I just got the Princess Peach float in Control. Shooting still a bummer but weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee