Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Android Apocalypse posted:

I just learned about the word "finna."

Who here uses it? I have to guess the Southern goons here.

I dont use it, but its both redneck and AAVE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This woman is so much more metal than I could ever be (also bees are cool)

https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/1370711938972450817

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

I love bees. Sometimes I want to start beekeeping, but it's a lot of responsibility.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Spoeank posted:

I managed to stay mostly spoiler free for Wandavision and the end of episode 5 made me go "oh gently caress off" out loud

Tired: Wandavision
Wired: Shonda's vision

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ehud posted:

I love bees. Sometimes I want to start beekeeping, but it's a lot of responsibility.

My aunt and uncle have bees and their honey is the best I've ever tasted.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Android Apocalypse posted:

I just learned about the word "finna."

Who here uses it? I have to guess the Southern goons here.

I don’t say finna but I do say “fixin to.”

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Grittybeard posted:

I would like to note, and I cannot stress this enough, AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Braksgirl posted:

I don’t say finna but I do say “fixin to.”

Yeah this

Also I’m upset that quixotic is literally KWIK-sotic and not KEY-ho-tic like it should be. Fucks with my sensibilities.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

this is dope as gently caress, awesome stuff

planning for buying/moving continues apace - we had an estimate from a moving company today. I didn't realize that they also partnered with some of the electronics companies to do things like "get you a new washer and bring it for you." how perfectly genius. I need to cross-reference some of the prices versus the big-box electronics shops (the ones that have also every video game and camera thing under the sun), but we need to get new A/C units installed anyway so this might be the best option.

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Ehud posted:

Forgive my ignorance but we kept multiple hives of bees on a 200 acre property that I was the caretaker for. I never did anything for the bees until they swarmed into the barn. They seemed happy. Did I mistreat my bee friends?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

In awe of this thick lad

https://twitter.com/DaveClips/status/1370455260679045121?s=20

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

red rover red rover posted:

Gonna kramer into to the chat to say that if anyone feels like out drinking a career wisconsin bartender you’re more than welcome to see how that works out

And yes I would have rather not be open still but thanks america, bills don’t pay themselves and we are the only place in small town wi that enforces masks and social distancing

I can do pretty good if we stick to old style and start at 10 am. My days of out drinking anyone are long gone though.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Postin on the weed number page

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

The Juggernaut posted:

Forgive my ignorance but we kept multiple hives of bees on a 200 acre property that I was the caretaker for. I never did anything for the bees until they swarmed into the barn. They seemed happy. Did I mistreat my bee friends?

We just had bee chat in the Chicago thread and i learned that bee keeping used to be less labor intensive but nowadays you have to be proactive to check for fungus and parasites in the hive to keep them from dying off.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
:420: Blaze it :420:

I gatta make the trip and stock up again.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Celebrating Page Number Appreciation Night.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah this

Also I’m upset that quixotic is literally KWIK-sotic and not KEY-ho-tic like it should be. Fucks with my sensibilities.
Is it bone-a-fides or bone-a-fee-days?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Taking this from the watch thread for an auspicious page

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

The Juggernaut posted:

I'm extremely phonetic in the way I spell words and people would think I'm a blabbering idiot if it weren't for spellcheck. It already takes me about 1.5x time to write because I'm having to constantly look up words.

I spell "Wednesday" "Wensday" as a form a silent protest.

English is beautifully dumb.

Well, Wednesday's etymology is from "Odin's Day," or rather "Wodin." After millenia of contraction and vowel shift, you get the seemingly senseless spelling we have now.

Most of our beautifully dumb language poo poo does make its own sense if you care to look into it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Biden, do the needful for the weedless

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
English is cool for its ability to cannibalize and adapt to new vocabulary. It took the idea of specificity Old German, which to this day, manages to have the ability to create hyper specific words, but Old English really diverged from German when the Norman's conquered the country in its infancy in 1066, introduced 300k words, that set a precedent for simply adopting words from other languages. This is a pretty rare feature for a language, and ultimately the basis of its overwhelming global success

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
https://twitter.com/OwenAdamsYT1/status/1369312312457375753

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
gently caress bees

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Trying to get the twins some haircuts this morning and Jesus Christ I need to just take them to my barber with me. Sports clips is hell

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

a neat cape posted:

gently caress bees

This might be your worst take but I'll keep following

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
How big does a house/estate have to be for you to give it a name?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Ehud posted:

My wife and I keep bees, and seeing someone who has a kid coming in two months say this is very funny to me.

We have to check them maybe once a week in the spring, but they are pretty self-sustaining over the summer. It's also very different raising them in Minnesota than a lot of other states. Leper had them on the west coast, and it was year-round there. Here we put a cover on them and they just chill in the hive for six months of the year.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

shirts and skins posted:

Tired: Wandavision
Wired: Shonda's vision

Just finished Bridgerton, it's pretty good.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

General Dog posted:

It’s usually just spots without actual addresses. My dads place in the abacos is small as hell but no address... only has a name, so you write

House name
Island
Country / postal code

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

General Dog posted:

I think it can be kinda small, like say, 2500 sq ft as long as some pretty gnarly murders happen there.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

My wife and I keep bees, and seeing someone who has a kid coming in two months say this is very funny to me.

lol this is a good point

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Kalli posted:

I think it can be kinda small, like say, 2500 sq ft as long as some pretty gnarly murders happen there.

Now I’m picturing a small DR Horton home so nondescript that 30 children could be murdered there in separate incidents and it still doesn’t gain any kind of nickname or notoriety.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Manoueverable posted:

Hearing "nucular" and "bologna" being pronounced "baloney" was probably the first sign I had as a kid that many people just accept dumb, nonsensical things in life for no good reason

How did you pronounce bologna? Like in bolognese?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Amy Pole Her posted:

It’s usually just spots without actual addresses. My dads place in the abacos is small as hell but no address... only has a name, so you write

House name
Island
Country / postal code

wait your dad just has a whole island

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something
Just wanted to post on the :420: page

Blaze it err day

And i say finna all the time

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

General Dog posted:

Now I’m picturing a small DR Horton home so nondescript that 30 children could be murdered there in separate incidents and it still doesn’t gain any kind of nickname or notoriety.

There's probably some really grimy NY apartments that have a higher body count per sq. ft then that shipping container from the Wire.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JPrime posted:

Haha, this does not make the old yacht jokes seem incorrect!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

JPrime posted:

What? No. It’s a tiny rear end house.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Too late, it's established TFF lore now that your dad has some Isle of Dr. Moreau thing going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This raises a good question - dudes who have actual islands to themselves, whether it’s domestic (those ones in New York) or international like the Bahamas.. how do they deliver your mail? There is almost no way they’ll spend the money required to cross a big inlet for one person to get their mail right?