Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

Does having a boyfriend/girlfriend stop creepy dudes from being creepy?

It was at least enough to drop her follower count by what sounded like a lot? I don't social media well so maybe it isn't?

quote:

After surging in popularity on Twitter after posting the video of herself dancing in her Bernie shirt last week, Neekolul lost close to 65,000 followers in the space of 48 hours after revealing the 78-year-old senator isn’t the only man in her life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Len posted:

It was at least enough to drop her follower count by what sounded like a lot? I don't social media well so maybe it isn't?

That was exactly it. Her count exploded on tiktok after the ok boomer video, and shortly after she uploaded one of her and her boyfriend and it plummeted lol.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Thump! posted:

That was exactly it. Her count exploded on tiktok after the ok boomer video, and shortly after she uploaded one of her and her boyfriend and it plummeted lol.

No I meant the 65k number, that sounds like an absurd count but if her followers are in the millions then it's a drop in the bucket

Wasnt the rebuttal from the right given by a necrophilia defender?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

She's currently at 687K followers on Twitter so it's notable but negligible probably

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

:wotwot: "By Jove, that was a hard day at the office, darling. What have you cooked for me?"
;-* "Uh, I was thinking we could have McDonalds? Or hot chip?"
:wotwot: "Again? Mayhaps you could perchance cook a delightful home-made meal this time?"
;-* "Erm.. Well... I could twerk instead?"
:wotwot: "..."
;-* "..."
:wotwot: "Yeah okay then."

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Don't kpop and jpop girl groups have to pretend to be single for this very reason. Fans go ape poo poo at them when they find out they arnt single?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Obligatory

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mega Comrade posted:

Don't kpop and jpop girl groups have to pretend to be single for this very reason. Fans go ape poo poo at them when they find out they arnt single?

Hell American pop stars use to do this as well before those types of groups fell out of favor for whatever reason

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Hell American pop stars use to do this as well before those types of groups fell out of favor for whatever reason

Not that the expectations put on American pop stars are any healthier.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ratoslov posted:

Not that the expectations put on American pop stars are any healthier.

Oh I know we just figured out parasocial relationships aren’t terribly more effective than just marketing them as a gently caress toy

As the whole Britney Spears thing has made painfully transparent

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Man i remember for a time there was some countdown page for every actress till they were 18, like 11 year old actresses would have countdown pages. Men online are nasty and weird as hell, I guess any kind og person can be like that but lets be fair, 98% of the time its men

Being female and famous, even twitch famous, has to be terrifying

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
probably only going to get worse:

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1370160519072477184?s=20

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The popular music industry devours young, beautiful, talented, and sometimes innocent people, digests their vital essences, and shits out exsanguinated, pulverised corpses.

This is one of many reasons why you should instead listen to death metal, where they just sing about stuff like that, rather than actually doing it

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Wachter posted:

The popular music industry devours young, beautiful, talented, and sometimes innocent people, digests their vital essences, and shits out exsanguinated, pulverised corpses.

This is one of many reasons why you should instead listen to death metal, where they just sing about stuff like that, rather than actually doing it

It would help if death metal musicians actually produced music though.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

No that would suck rear end

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

So death metal then?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Wachter posted:

In an ideal universe George “Corpsegrinder” Fisher is a sex symbol, elevating neckless men everywhere.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

FFT posted:

She's currently at 687K followers on Twitter so it's notable but negligible probably
I'd love to see some breakdown of expected earnings across the different categories. Do the "think you're single so you might gently caress them"s donate more than the "think you're single so you might date them"s? What's the conversion rate on "think you're single so you might gently caress them" to "know you're in a monogamous relationship but still think you might gently caress them if you go full niceguy"?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Len posted:

Obligatory

What a nice guy.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
IOSM: Let the wildebeests roam...

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1370507391813361664

Does this count? I think it counts.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Len posted:

Obligatory

Lmfao god drat what a loser

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Looks like Sean Davis wasn't the only one who wants mommy milkers

https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/status/1295918696419000321

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Looks like Sean Davis wasn't the only one who wants mommy milkers

https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/status/1295918696419000321

Tweets so good the Democrats will pay you $65,000 for them.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

A company telling its employees to squash an issue created by itself definitely counts.

Especially when said company is social media.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bismuth posted:

Man i remember for a time there was some countdown page for every actress till they were 18, like 11 year old actresses would have countdown pages. Men online are nasty and weird as hell, I guess any kind og person can be like that but lets be fair, 98% of the time its men

Being female and famous, even twitch famous, has to be terrifying

I'm young enough that in hypothetical universe where I ever met the Olsen twins they would have been age appropriate and even as a teenager myself I thought that poo poo was creepy as hell.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

Thump! posted:

How old is that person really? I wonder how many of her fans would be put off by the fact that she might just be some ordinary lady in her mid thirties playing a part with effective makeup and camera filters.

It's like the wrestling fans that don't seem to understand the concept of kayfabe.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Panfilo posted:

How old is that person really? I wonder how many of her fans would be put off by the fact that she might just be some ordinary lady in her mid thirties playing a part with effective makeup and camera filters.

It's like the wrestling fans that don't seem to understand the concept of kayfabe.

She said a photo of him was "cute", which to this kind of loser creep is a legally binding contract for sex

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That why you gotta always read the fine print

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Thump! posted:

It would help if death metal musicians actually produced music though.

So many 5 minute ultra technical guitar solos waiting for a song to wrap around them.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Len posted:

Obligatory

Did we ever find out how he's getting on with STPeach?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

Wachter posted:

She said a photo of him was "cute", which to this kind of loser creep is a legally binding contract for sex

Oh, for sure, no doubt about that. My own curiosity is how fabricated the image is, and how much thirsty guys latch on to it.

I just thought it would be amusingly ironic if this woman was just a typical lady in her thirties who wears sweatpants and flip flops to the grocery store and so on and these guys just can't grasp that reality.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
To be fair, a lot of celebrities are very fake people.

Pre-Captain America, I was at Chris Evan's house. He was really surprised when he walked down the stairs to find me in his kitchen but I explained to him that I had been getting his messages and of course I loved him too. He said he needed to change his clothes and that I should wait outside. Only instead of him joining me, the police came instead. I thought it was a miscommunication for a long time, that people were trying to keep us apart. But eventually I realized that despite him telling me he loved me through subtle cues in his acting, he was just using me to make himself feel better and I deserve better than that.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

VinylonUnderground posted:

Pre-Captain America, I was at Chris Evan's house. He was really surprised when he walked down the stairs to find me in his kitchen but I explained to him that I had been getting his messages and of course I loved him too. He said he needed to change his clothes and that I should wait outside. Only instead of him joining me, the police came instead. I thought it was a miscommunication for a long time, that people were trying to keep us apart. But eventually I realized that despite him telling me he loved me through subtle cues in his acting, he was just using me to make himself feel better and I deserve better than that.
He was just testing you and you failed!

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

goatsestretchgoals posted:

So many 5 minute ultra technical guitar solos waiting for a song to wrap around them.

Still better than prog rock.

Catchy hook, pretty solid chorus.
10 minutes of weedle eedle weedle eedle in 5/8.
Final chorus to remind you how great the beginning was.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

hyperhazard posted:

:mad:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Blood will be spilled here tonight.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

VinylonUnderground posted:

Boy if you think that's bad, let me tell you about the time I saw Chris Evans at a grocery store in Los Angeles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

hyperhazard posted:

Wait until you hear prog death metal.