Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Kim Justice posted:

I've only watched one video from ThoughtSlime and it was his recent "sub celebration" one on imposter syndrome. It was really freaking good. Very relatable for a lot of us YouTubers and folks who generally talk poo poo on the Internet, to be honest (so y'know, probably biased towards that subject).

So yeah I'm not sure I understand where a lot of this vitriol's coming at really. Like, he seems perfectly ok when it comes to the whole field and THE DISCOURSE.

He said the word tankie? This whole conversation is exhausting so I've lost track tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

He is an awkward guy who has occasional bad takes on twitter that he refuses to back down from. In other words, a goon, and there is nothing goons hate more than themselves.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Kim Justice posted:

I've only watched one video from ThoughtSlime and it was his recent "sub celebration" one on imposter syndrome. It was really freaking good. Very relatable for a lot of us YouTubers and folks who generally talk poo poo on the Internet, to be honest (so y'know, probably biased towards that subject).

So yeah I'm not sure I understand where a lot of this vitriol's coming at really. Like, he seems perfectly ok when it comes to the whole field and THE DISCOURSE.

The internet, goons in particular, love finding stuff that at worst is only 'ok' and acting like it's the worst thing ever.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
goons also love taking anyone saying someone was dumb as 'everyone hates them' and spending five pages all 'wow I can't believe people hate him'.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Kim Justice posted:

That was a great video. I don't know what it's like to be a content creator much less a successful one but I still emphasized with a lot of what he was saying.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i watched one video at someones recommendation about something or other and it was a complete sinkhole in my memory. just a total void. 0 information retained. partly because, being honest here, im going in with a precooked disdained for the youtube community of people who just like to hear their own ideas and beliefs parroted back at them verbatim.

he is not "the worst". its just kind of boring stuff and im not into it

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

fun hater posted:

i watched one video at someones recommendation about something or other and it was a complete sinkhole in my memory. just a total void. 0 information retained. partly because, being honest here, im going in with a precooked disdained for the youtube community of people who just like to hear their own ideas and beliefs parroted back at them verbatim.

he is not "the worst". its just kind of boring stuff and im not into it

So what you're saying is you have not, in fact, welcomed SLIME into your heart.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Thought Slime is kind of a dingus. I do watch scaredy cats though, Bobby Duke was so un-funny it circled back around to being funny

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Vonnie posted:

So what you're saying is you have not, in fact, welcomed SLIME into your heart.

gently caress!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

egg tats posted:

his batman video is the best possible answer to "isn't batman a fascist", which is bullshit, and essentially tells people that the left are all terrible killjoys here to take away your comic book

i took it more as a rebuke of the Radicalbytes types more than a "lol critiques are all bad" and he fully admits comic writers write batman as a fasicist but thats not the core message of batman and people who write him as a fasiist type in their comics are moronic assholes who don't get the character much like how Snyder doesn't understand the superman is the ultimate altruist. also he makes fun of some of the folks like johnny macintosh types who view EVERY interpretation of batman as some evil fascist boot.

i think he has some interesting and good opinions on stuff.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

leftist youtube is good because it makes digestible introductions to theory available to more people. If it seems rote and obvious to you that's fair but it gets more eyes on ideas than just telling people to go read political theory without a reason to give a gently caress.

Also the Eyeball Zone is just genuinely really great, regardless of if you like Slime's videos.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i dont like slime man because all of his videos are just him staring directly into the camera and he always looks like hes seconds away from bursting into tears

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Life is sad

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he fully admits comic writers write batman as a fasicist but thats not the core message of batman

Who gets to pick the core message of Batman?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i do

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

josh04 posted:

Who gets to pick the core message of Batman?

Me. Next question.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

owned

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Yeah sorry I was wrong, FArm Frenzy called Dibs. I relinquish my authority.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

whats the next batman story break NDA you coward

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Batman is now a gamer

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Farm Frenzy posted:

Batman is now a gamer

This is now the core message of Batman. Please adjust your expectations of Robert Pattinson accordingly.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Joker dumps his new girlfriend Punchline and meets an even more stupidly dressed woman calling herself Tight-Five. She suffocates Nightwing to death with her thighs, This is what batman is about.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

gerard butler for villain of The Batman confirmed

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Blyatman was pretty neat

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Vagabundo posted:

Mate, what are you trying to achieve here?
I'm pointing out language that makes me extremely uncomfortable as a black person. If the poster I was referring to can ignore my posts and move on so can you.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

Batman is now a gamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-09gNDsPzQ

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

where is the original dub from? i remember loving that dudes channel.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Batman Beyond.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Soulbrotha

radlum
May 13, 2013

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Bob is basically a Disney PR guy now. This tweet makes more sense when you realize he was probably paid to tweet it.

If that's how he is promoting Disney, then I hope they demand their money back.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

Batman Beyond.

yeah. it was a weird episode.

thanks.

radlum posted:

If that's how he is promoting Disney, then I hope they demand their money back.

yeah. i feel like at some point disney is gonna sack his dumb rear end for saying some terminally stupid poo poo.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Slime man Batman video good.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

fun hater posted:

partly because, being honest here, im going in with a precooked disdained for the youtube community of people who just like to hear their own ideas and beliefs parroted back at them verbatim.
Funny enough, I watched TS because I didn’t know much about anarchism. I do think there is value in hearing someone else walk through shared beliefs, as it can give you better understanding of you views or at least help you articulate them better. Nonetheless, it’s basically stuff to put on as background music.

Tom Lehrer was right.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Thought Slime also got Charles Maupin to have multiple online rants and anything that makes that Nazbol/Class Reductionist look like even more of a dipshit is good imo

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Dias posted:

TS is the last content creator I'd expect to generate this much criticism but I guess I underestimate goons and their ability to dislike things.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It continues to astound me that people can strongly dislike TS, yeah. Although it's partially because of a cautionary tale regarding threadbans, but I digress.

I guess here's a recomendation I haven't seen here before. I got into chess when the YT algorithm decided chess was gonna get a push, and one of the best channels I found for learning more about the game was GothamChess aka IM Levy Rozman. He's pretty well-spoken and funny, but also extremely knowledgable about chess, doing analysis of tournament games and series on fundamentals; tips to improve, etc. The channel has a short series of 10min opening tutorials that helped me get a hang on what the gently caress I'm supposed to do when I start a game, like this one on the London System:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49H728S_VjM&hd=1

Dude's channel has blown up recently but if you were ever interested in learning more about the game, I think it's a good place to start.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Important update from Todd in the Shadows:

https://twitter.com/ShadowTodd/status/1370965423248699395

:kimchi:

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

:allears: Thank you for posting that update Mr.Radar

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

BFC posted:

Also the Eyeball Zone is just genuinely really great, regardless of if you like Slime's videos.

Zoe Bee's channel is something I discovered from the Eyeball Zone and I think her videos are great!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxMsgVgeu_M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
The video she made prior to that one is pretty good too (in part because it gives me a reason to hate Grammarly beyond their obnoxious ads):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5rB9jDbTPU