Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Sure! I'll also add, great work on the LP and that, FFX was my first big RPG so I've always had a soft spot for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
The Jecht Post technique eliminates two posts from a page so you can snipe far more easily.

Falconier111
Jul 18, 2012

S T A R M E T A L C A S T E
Update 18: Keep Your Head Down, Say “Sir” A Lot, And You’ll Do Fine

39-Mi'ihen Highway-FFX OST

What, did you think we were done with the Highroad? Motherfucker, we’re a third of the way through :stonklol:

Congratulations, Wakka! If anyone could pull it off, it would be you.

:sweatdrop:

:smuggo:

Uh… The lady summoner and her guardians –

Lucil: – Can look after themselves. This mission requires our full attention. We’ve no time to waste! Understood?

Lucil: Carry on.

The two ride off.

See? Keep your head down, say “sir” a lot, and you’ll do fine.

Yessir!

:rolleyes:

Hey, Yuna. Even though Yevon rejected us… we still believe in you. That won’t ever change.

And I believe in you. Best of luck to you!

Yevon rejected us?

:shrug: Lulu, you know this one?

I do not. Something to ask about further down the road.

Further down the road…

Crusader: Enough!

I-I only meant to…

Are you all right?

Lady Summoner…? Oh! It’s – it’s an honor to meet you.

Have you heard what they plan on doing?

Not really?

I heard they were to use war machina! Warriors of Yevon! I had to stop them.

You said some machina get sanctioned?

Battle machina are always sinful. War is a bad thing, making it easier makes it even worse! Using ‘em puts your soul in danger!

You said “you heard”. Are you certain?

I believe that’s what they’re carrying in those wagons. I don’t know for sure, but…

Let them use whatever they want. They still won’t defeat Sin.

The teachings must be upheld, for all of our sakes! But… Nobody will listen to me. I’m just a lowly acolyte.

Don’t say that!

M-my lady?

Well, I haven’t been a summoner for very long myself. I may be my father’s daughter, but that doesn’t mean I always know what to do. Still, I can’t put myself down every time I fail.

Yeah! And hey, you just stared down Auron himself and told him he was wrong! What’s a bunch of crusaders to that?

That’s Sir Auron :stonk:?

– And he doesn’t mind! Right, Auron?

It doesn’t matter much to me either way.

Yeah, thanks.

I believe in you, Shelinda

:aaa:

Everyone has to look out the people of Spira! They’re depending on both of us! Go help them!

Yes! Yes, you’re right, my lady! I’ll go at once!

… You’re pretty good at that.

:blush:

It won’t matter.

Yeah, probably.

No! We have to hope that she can make a difference with them.

Hope, yes.

We rest here.

But the sun won’t go down for another hour. And they don’t believe in Yevon, and in Luca they… They kidnapped Yuna!

And where were her guardians?

Ouch.

He’s right, you know. There won’t be another good resting place for several miles.

:sigh: Fine, pay the heathens, see if I care.

You’re welcome to sleep outside.

An hour later…

Finally, a temporary break from cutscenes. Rin’s Travel Agency has all the amenities: an inn, a save sphere right next to it that completely invalidates it, a shop, several voiced characters…

… And a new game+ feature. You can use this sphere to migrate your Primer collection from any other save, including ones right at the end of the game. If you still have saves near Primers you missed the first time around, you can load those saves, pick them up, and use this sphere to add them to your vocabulary.

I just wanted to note how this shopkeep here uses a Japanese customer service bow despite being a member of a tech-using radical group in a fantasy setting largely based off Southeast Asia. It’s a little incongruous, but no more so than everybody using idiomatic English, I guess.

Watcha up to?

I’m watching that sunset.

You don’t see that everyday where I’m from.

They don’t have sunsets in Zanarkand?

They do, but you can’t really see them unless you live on the docks. Too much smog. This is better.

…I wish I could live in a place like this. Peaceful… Living with a smile on my face every day.

You can, once you beat Sin, right?

Yes, but then a new Sin will be born anyway.

Well then, you can just beat it again.

I wish I could.

Hey, you can! Trust me! You’re the best summoner out there!

Maybe…

…Yuna, why does Sin always come back?

And it will not go away until we’ve atoned.

How?

If all the people of Spira dedicate their lives to the teachings of Yevon, then we can finally be free.

And that’s the only way? That’s awfully low on specifics.

I know. But it’s been 1000 years. We’ve tried everything else.

… You know, I’m starting to realize there’s a lot I don’t know about this whole “pilgrimage” thing. What’s our end goal here?

The Final Summoning.

The Fayth of the Final Summoning lies waiting in the far north, to greet summoners that complete their pilgrimage.

You’ll see it for yourself soon enough. Yuna, come back inside.

… You’ll go with us? To our Zanarkand.

You couldn’t stop me if you tried.

:shobon:

The next morning, we run into the proprietor himself. After clumsily greeting us in Al Bhed (yes, an entrepreneur that can operate a successful business in an area where all the locals hate him as a matter of religious principle randomly slips into his home language around strangers), he gives us a rundown on Primers like we haven’t been picking them up already for the better part of the game and gives us a free sample. Thanks, dude.

The next moment, though, somebody outside screams about chocobos.

You can actually move around as normal right now, but why would you? Well, other than to talk to Rin again, since he gives you a serious healing item.

Now’s your chance!

:negative:

The Chocobo Eater, like basically every boss up till this point, has its own gimmick. On the most basic level, this fight is a simple slugfest; the boss is armored, so Wakka and Tidus can’t do much against the directly, but it’s vulnerable to Blind and you’ll need Haste to really work the gimmick.

It has three attacks, the most common of which is a simple melee attack that does maybe a quarter of most characters’ health; it can also point someone one turn and hits them hard enough to take out some of the weaker characters the next. The last one, though? Every few turns, the boss pushes the party back towards the edge of the cliff. It doesn’t kill you if it manages to push you over the edge, but it’ll end the fight, leave you stranded in a dangerous area, and lead to the death of several poor, innocent birds, you bastard.

You can turn the tables by dealing an enormous amount of damage all at once, which knocks it over and leaves it flailing; while it’ll get up in a couple turns and for some reason it uses Blizzard sometimes, its butt is unarmored and vulnerable. Deal a few good hits while it’s down and it will roll back towards the other side of the cliff.

There are two ways to win this fight. The first is to just kill it like any other monster, which gets you a nice bounty in experience and gil. The other?

You knock it off the edge, which kills it automatically. You only get a pittance as far as experience and gil goes…

… But you do get these, which will be invaluable to Kimahri in a couple updates.

Rin: I cannot thank you enough! In fact, I know exactly what to offer you –

Money?

Supplies?

Conversion?

Rin: What? No. A chocobo rental.

And we’re off! Though there’s plenty to talk about when it comes to chocobos and the last third of the Highroad, I actually want to spend some time doing something else right now. Chocobos are fast and can help you reach inaccessible areas, but most importantly, while on chocoboback, you don’t fight random encounters. We are now free to travel quickly and easily up and down the area. I promptly waste my free rental heading back to Luca.

Well, more accurately, before I head off I run in to the shop and scout this guy. Spira is full of potential blitzball players just waiting for you to walk up and add them to the team. Before they can play with the Aurochs, though, you have to offer them a contract for a number of games, then pay them that number times their salary on the spot. Contracts count games regardless of whether that player’s present on the team or just benching, so that’s worth keeping in mind. There’s no way to tell who you can scout from a distance, and there’s no way to tell what a potential player’s stats are without taking them on or leveling up your scounting (which takes winning dozens of matches). Even evaluating which players are good fits for your team can get real expensive, real fast. Unless, of course, you use a walkthrough.

Since I now have the means to get back to the blitzball recruiting mecca that is Luca, I take a moment to overhaul my team. Namely, I nab this clerk at a motel…

… A disgruntled sailor…

… Somebody’s dad…

… And the ace reporter that Yuna ran away from a couple updates back. You can only have so many players on the team at a time, so I ended up giving a couple of Aurochs standbys the boot. The only original player I keep on the active team is Jassu.

Amusingly, their replacements keep wearing their street clothes in the water, no matter how impractical. By the way, every time somebody’s contract expires, you have to pay to renew it for however many games you want. Seems commonsense, but that goes for OTHER teams as well, and there’s a random chance they won’t renew a contract and replace them with some other free player. It’s not uncommon for late-game teams to end up with some bizarre lineups – I remember years ago playing games against the Ronso team when exactly one of their players was a Ronso.

I may be abusing this mechanic in the future.

Aside from exhibition matches (which don't give you rewards or experience but let you copy Techniques), the most basic game type is the league: 10 matches spread out evenly between all the teams, three points for a win and one point for a tie, winner has the highest point total. Simple enough. To test out my new team, I decide to run them through a couple matches – starting with a rematch with the Goers. The Goers are a heavily offensive team (in more ways than one) that revolves around several solid shooters with high EN. On the other hand, they’re pretty weak on the defense, something I exploited last time around; they lack ATK and can be easily outsped with the right players.

Our second match is against the Ronso Fangs. These guys are basically tanks; they have skyhigh EN and HP in exchange for being trivially easy to outrun. Beating them is an exercise in skirting around their players and hoping they don’t get the ball. So now that we’ve freshened up our team, how do we do?

:unsmigghh:

:kheldragar:

Blitzball may not be EASY, per se, but if you know what you’re doing and pick the right players, you can pull off consistent victories. But running a team is very expensive. Just picking up those four players for a few games set me back thousands of gil, over half of what I’ve built up over the last several hours. While we’ll start pulling in more cash as the game goes on, we’ll also be hiring significantly more expensive players, and the rewards aren’t always worth the investment. That won’t stop me from playing it, though. We’ll just pick blitzball back up later.

Falconier111 fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 12, 2021

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
The real Blitzball galaxy brain move at this point is to walk the whole way to the boat and sail back to Kilika to recruit Tatts.

...I mean this way seems practical too, but where's the pointless style?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Fedule posted:

The real Blitzball galaxy brain move at this point is to walk the whole way to the boat and sail back to Kilika to recruit Tatts.

...I mean this way seems practical too, but where's the pointless style?

They're probably gonna get Tatts later when they does the mother of all backtracks before something gets blocked off by a superboss

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 14, 2021

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Does the game actually let you kick Tidus off the Aurochs?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Snorb posted:

Does the game actually let you kick Tidus off the Aurochs?

No, at worst you can bench him. I mean, who is going to try and kick out the guy who can knock out people with balls underwater (and also has a sword)?

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Ah, the Chocobo Eater. That boss certainly has a gimmick, but when I fought it I just gave all of my team Haste, hit it with a Slow, and then just buried it under a mound of back to back turns where it couldn't do poo poo to stop me.

I didn't know about the key sphere from getting the cliff kill, though. That's a pretty good reward.

Falconier111
Jul 18, 2012

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

He's probably gonna get Tatts later when he does the mother of all backtracks before something gets blocked off by a superboss

They, please. I prefer not to reveal identifying information on the internet :v:. Also, I know I’ve been doing a lot of stuff, but I’m not actually shooting for completion here. I’m not going THAT out of my way. Tatts can go rot :colbert:

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Falconier111 posted:

They, please. I prefer not to reveal identifying information on the internet :v:. Also, I know I’ve been doing a lot of stuff, but I’m not actually shooting for completion here. I’m not going THAT out of my way. Tatts can go rot :colbert:

Okie doke, changed over.

And I don't blame you. I did the backtrack once and it was sooooooooooooooo boring

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

One of the few things I know about the original FFX was that there was a minigame where you had to dodge 200 consecutive lightning strikes or something

Is that still in the remaster?

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Yes, unfortunately.

Falconier111
Jul 18, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

One of the few things I know about the original FFX was that there was a minigame where you had to dodge 200 consecutive lightning strikes or something

I was having a good night. Why did you have to remind me about the Thunder Plains :negative:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

gently caress that minigame.

Also, gently caress 0:00:0.

People will know what I mean.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

stab posted:

friend of mine *almost* threw her controller when she hit exactly 0:00:0

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Both of them are solvable.

Still tedious as hell and back but they can be gamed.

Also I loved getting to a sufficiently high enough level in blitzball so that those shutouts shown in the LP look low scoring. Usually the Ronso team was the one that would be the victim of a double digit rout. Strangely they usually kept their roster for me which is even stranger considering the constant torture.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

If anyone's looking for a dirt simple robotics project, lightning dodging is a good place to start. It's hard for a human, but trivial for a machine.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Final Fantasy X is like conversion therapy for completionism

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Falconier111 posted:

You can only have so many players on the team at a time, so I ended up giving a couple of Aurochs standbys the boot. Ironically, the only original player I keep on the active team is Jassu.

Why Jassu?!? Dude is dead weight at his *best*.

But yes, the Thunder Plains dodging is horrible. I was playing on an emulator that could slow down the game, so I slowed it down enough that I could reliably react fast enough to dodge the lightning, then abused the hell out of savestates while keeping track of my progress separately.

And yes, holy poo poo the 0:00:0 is horrible and whoever designed that hell should burn.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

There's an exploit you can do for the 200 lightning bolts. There's a certain crater and if you approach from a certain angle, lightning will literally always go off at the same time. Of course human error can still play a part, I should know as I once failed on 191 bolts :D

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

stab posted:

Those two and the butterflies. I just wound up building my own ultimates for those.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Dareon posted:

Those two and the butterflies. I just wound up building my own ultimates for those.

Those are inherently weaker though.

Falconier111
Jul 18, 2012

BlazetheInferno posted:

Why Jassu?!? Dude is dead weight at his *best*.

But yes, the Thunder Plains dodging is horrible. I was playing on an emulator that could slow down the game, so I slowed it down enough that I could reliably react fast enough to dodge the lightning, then abused the hell out of savestates while keeping track of my progress separately.

And yes, holy poo poo the 0:00:0 is horrible and whoever designed that hell should burn.

He makes a passable midfielder :shrug:

Actually, speaking of emulators, a story about the mechanics of LPing! I knew I had to do FFX next by the time I wrapped up the main campaign in Shield, but I didn’t know which version I should use. Option one was the PC version of the HD Remaster, which I happened to own already. While it had major quality of life improvements and of course better visuals and added content, at some point in the porting process they’d hosed up the controls and made them even more sluggish and unreliable; the last time I played it, many Overdrives were flat-out unusable. Plus, I would have to play it on a laptop that I couldn’t afford to keep open all the time, so I worried whether or not closing it would crash the program - forget alt-tabbing out to write as I played. If I couldn’t safely do both of those it’d be off the table. Option two was using an emulator, which I ALSO had access to. On the one hand, emulators are usually more tolerant of alt-tabbing and sleep mode, and I’d gain access to save states that would let me cheese minigames and skip cutscenes; on the other, emulators are often unstable in other ways, I’d lose access to those QOL improvements, and if I remembered right the controls were even more hosed. Either way I’d have to rely on an auxiliary controller and hope my chosen platform doesn’t screw up somehow and end everything prematurely.

Then I learned it was out on the Switch and was like welp.

Also, I just realized the FFXIIIposting a page back is the sort of thing I said I’d memorialize in the OP. Is it alright if I pick out a few representative posts and link to them there?

derra
Dec 29, 2012

SoundwaveAU posted:

There's an exploit you can do for the 200 lightning bolts. There's a certain crater and if you approach from a certain angle, lightning will literally always go off at the same time. Of course human error can still play a part, I should know as I once failed on 191 bolts :D

I must’ve stumbled on this as a kid because that’s how I always did it, it was kinda to the right of the travel agency right? I always thought it was tedious but never understood the hate I saw online for it.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Falconier111 posted:

Then I learned it was out on the Switch and was like welp.

Do you use an Elgato/similar for footage capture, or just the switch's Capture button? I considered using Capture for possible future LPs, but holding the button down only captures the last 30 seconds as a video, so it wouldn't be useful for long cutscenes and the like.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 14, 2021

Falconier111
Jul 18, 2012

Quackles posted:

Do you use an Elgato/similar for footage capture, or just the switch's Capture button? I considered using Capture for possible future LPs, but holding the button down only captures the last 30 seconds as a video, so it wouldn't be useful for long cutscenes and the like.

Just the Capture button. I bet it’s possible to take the MP4s it makes and just stitch them together in some editing program: if you try and record video less than 30 seconds after the last one ended, the Switch only records back to that stopping point, so in theory you can press the button every 20 seconds or so and combine the files into one long movie. In theory. I’ve never tried that so :shrug:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Raise this in the Tech Fort and I guarantee you you won't get 4 hours before someone gets Avisynth to do this for sequential files in a directory.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

OK, I tried recording a picross puzzle in Murder By Numbers this way, and it... came out pretty well, actually. But you do have to press every 25 seconds or less (I set a timer).

Maybe I can make that LP after all.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

cant cook creole bream posted:

Those are inherently weaker though.

99999 is 99999.

Falconier111
Jul 18, 2012

Quackles posted:

OK, I tried recording a picross puzzle in Murder By Numbers this way, and it... came out pretty well, actually. But you do have to press every 25 seconds or less (I set a timer).

Maybe I can make that LP after all.

Glad to be able to spread the disease :tipshat:

Falconier111
Jul 18, 2012

Update 19: Pretend You Didn’t See Them

In theory, the third section of the Mi’ihen Highroad is the worst to get through. It’s long, tedious, has dangerous encounters that aren’t any more rewarding than those earlier on, and taunts you with treasure chests just out of reach. But that’s only if you don’t catch a ride.

Final Fantasy X HD Remaster OST 40. Brass de Chocobo

Chocobos are expensive to rent at 1000 gil a shot (barring the free one we got last time, of course), but in exchange you get a bird that will stick around until you leave the area. They get around quickly, prevent random encounters…

… And give you access to hidden areas with otherwise unobtainable items. They even open those chests with an adorable kick animation I failed to get a good shot of despite having multiple chances because I’m not a very good LPer.

Not everyone is as good at this as we are, but fortunately our birds are too loyal to throw us off.

While we can go straight to the next area from here, we can also take a detour down along the side to the Oldroad, an abandoned dead-end route with a few otherwise hidden features of interest (apparently, Sin swept through here and wrecked the original Highroad 600-odd years ago; this is what’s left of it). If you let the Chocobo Eater knock you off the cliff, you’ll end up down here having to fight your way all the way back.

By the way, this chest contained something called a “Saturn Crest”. I have no idea what this thing is for. None at all.

O’aka XXIII: Ye can’t run a business with no customers! Say, can I interest you in something?

This is our last chance to lend O’aka money; after this, he’ll give you either a markup or a discount to all his items in relation to their base prices depending on how much we’ve invested. If we break 10,000 gil (which I did), he’ll give you a 20% discount going forward; less than that will have him charge us extra, and he’ll only cut the price by a further 10% if we’re willing to drop a jaw-dropping 100,000 on him, which you probably shouldn’t.

While we’re on foot, we take the chance to show off Lulu’s Overdrive.

It’s the most :effort: Overdrive ever. <spell> Fury takes a Black Magic spell of your choice and makes you spin the thumb sticks around, casting that spell mana-free on random enemies depending on how fast you spin them. It’s the most visually unimpressive Overdrive we can access outside of Yuna’s summon boost and it does little more than put out lots of damage. Oh well.

We also run into Lucil here, but she just tells us this part of the road is closed and promptly ignores you if you go further in. Other than an opportunity for a nice weapon for Kimahri, there isn’t much reason to stick around here.

Clasko here, by the way, is Lucil and Elma’s third wheel; while he doesn’t always show up with them, he’s under Lucil’s command and answers directly to her. You can run into him near the exit from Luca earlier on, but since he’s a comic relief character I never bothered introducing him.

Crusader: Sorry, ma’am! No exceptions!

Dona: You dare impede a summoner’s pilgrimage?

Crusader: Sorry, ma’am. No exceptions.

Dona: Useless!

:mmmhmm:

Dona: Oh, it’s you. As you can see, not even summoners can pass. But they’ll call on us in the end. Just wait and see. In the meantime, I think I’ll have a nap. Barthello?

Barthello: :patriot:

No passage, eh? So, uh…

We wait.

This is the last of them.

Gate Captain: Good to have you with us. Go on through!

:stare: That’s… That’s not machina.

Are they gathering fiends?

The guards won’t let us past the gate, though they do give us the opportunity to donate to the war effort. Unlike O’aka, though, all you get from this guy is one of three items that really aren’t worth the investment. Without other options, we turn around to leave.

Everyone, look!

Final Fantasy X HD Remaster OST 42. Permitted Passage

You look troubled. Is there anything I can do?

Well…

She gestures towards the gate.

Hold. I have a request.

Gate Captain: Yes, Your Grace?

I need to have Summoner Yuna and her guardians let through to the command center.

Gate Captain: But… But, Maester Seymour –

Do not worry. I will take full responsibility.

Gate Captain: Very well. They may pass.

… Who does he think he is?

Crusader Sergeant: These are all the men we were able to gather on short notice, Sir.

This will be just fine, sergeant. Thank you.

Crusader Sergeant: Of course, Sir.
Crusaders, at attention!

You have all made a very dangerous choice to be here today. You have all chosen to consort with the Al Bhed, the very worst of infidels, and make use of their forbidden machina. You have chosen to ignore the preeminence of the summoners, one of the most ancient precepts of Yevon, and attempt to usurp their place in the fight against Sin. You have openly disobeyed the will of the Church, and for that you have all been excommunicated, putting your souls at risk. And so, I have this to say:

Gathered here by this beach today are some of the brightest minds, strongest arms, and boldest hearts in all the world! You and you alone have had the vision to look beyond our petty squabbles and the drive to seize our future from the monster that has terrorized us since the dawn of history!

This is not the first time you have faced such trials. 800 years ago, in an age before the very idea of the Calm, the great Lord Mi’ihen formed a militia to defend a small fishing community. He knew the Church could not offer his people the safety it promised; any supplies it sent never arrived, and any warrior monks it dispatched were diverted along the way. So he renounced the way of Yevon and offered the services of his Crimson Blades to those in need.

Auron!

Later.

For this act he was excommunicated. At that point he faced a choice. He could have stayed where he was and built himself an empire. Bevelle did not have the might to destroy him, nor did it have the influence to bring him into line. He could have chosen to challenge the Church. He might even have tried to overthrow it, or to take it over. Instead, Lord Mi’ihen walked the road that now bears his name to Bevelle and placed himself before the judgment of the Maesters. They found him eminently deserving, and they granted him and his allies new names and new dignities: he was granted a place just below the Maesters, his village was renamed Luca, and his militia were remade into the Crusaders. Spira’s future does not lie in the tired ways of the past, the ways that have failed to save us time and time again. It lies with you, bold Crusaders, who have the wisdom to see how the world must change and the courage to see it through. History will remember your deeds, and the Church will soon see just how great a mistake it made leaving you behind.

Go with Yevon. My prayers are with you.

Crusaders: YES SIR!

They run off to their posts again.

Why’s Maester Seymour backing the Crusaders, eh? They’re using the Al Bhed’s machina!

Ask him yourself.

I would be most interested in hearing what you’ve been doing these past ten years…

I have nothing to say about it.

I… See.

So, uh, Your All Holiness, I, uh, I gotta ask you a question.

…“Your All Holiness”? You address me as would a priest. I must say, I didn’t expect to find a summoner in the entourage of another summoner.

Nah, I’m no summoner, I didn’t have the aptitude so I left before gettin’ ordained. But, I…

Go ahead.

… Isn’t this all against the teachings? All of this? But you’re working with them. Is there something I’m missing?

Certainly, I should stop this operation. But…

They only seek to free Spira from its chains. While their actions may not be in line with standard doctrine, their goals are. And so, I’m more than willing to overlook the little things.

But… I – there’s war machina right over there on the cliff. Those things caused the Machina War! I’m looking at them right now!

I… I can’t believe I heard you say that.

Consider that a Maestral Edict.

:stonk:

(From the first time I laid eyes on him, I never did like Seymour… But you know, some of the things he said that day… They made a lot of sense to me.)

Falconier111 fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 17, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

After all these years I just can't get over how absolutely stupid Seymour's hair is.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

ultrafilter posted:

After all these years I just can't get over how absolutely stupid Seymour's hair is.

Pretend you didn't see it.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

bewilderment posted:

Pretty simple to do because there's no way he hasn't blinded someone with that thing

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ultrafilter posted:

bewilderment posted:

:five:

Even if Seymour is creepy as gently caress I always loved this scene of his a lot.

I forgot to mention how much I like Shelinda after the last update too. She's annoying but it's such a well-characterised annoying!

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Bifauxnen posted:

:five:

Even if Seymour is creepy as gently caress I always loved this scene of his a lot.

I forgot to mention how much I like Shelinda after the last update too. She's annoying but it's such a well-characterised annoying!

She is also the only person in Spira besides the party (and one other person) who gets poo poo DONE, so she gets props for that

Falconier111
Jul 18, 2012

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Pretty simple to do because there's no way he hasn't blinded someone with that thing

Blinded three people. I remember hearing the character designs for X were so outrageous they actually prompted pushback from people who felt they’d jumped the visual shark, so the suits forced Nomura and friends to reign it in in future titles.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Falconier111 posted:

Blinded three people. I remember hearing the character designs for X were so outrageous they actually prompted pushback from people who felt they’d jumped the visual shark, so the suits forced Nomura and friends to reign it in in future titles.

I completely understand and support being creative with stuff like that, but there's a certain point where it's ridiculous. There's no way Lulu is comfortable walking across a continent in that outfit, for example. And you just KNOW that giant thing on Braska's head got caught on his robe at least once and he walked around all day with his underwear exposed while Auron and Jecht giggled

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Tidus' design is such a mess that they gave it a complete overhaul for his Dissidia appearance. He actually looks like he's wearing pants that are torn to poo poo as opposed to... whatever the gently caress he has on in X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Falconier111 posted:

They didn't act fast enough to save us from the horror that is Nooj :argh: