Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This dude is having a bad day

https://twitter.com/jgroc/status/1370825903136256006?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

LeeMajors posted:

It isn’t so much that it’s a new word being added, but that supposably is a blatant mispronunciation and they’re just like ‘eh, gently caress it close enough.’

It’s arbitrary and I generally dig the evolving nature of language but that one is just a little :psyboom:

They're just adding two words from 90s sitcoms (supposably and embiggens)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

add ten-ply to the dictionary.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is Dictionary.com even some authority on anything? They aren’t Websters.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

They're just as much an authority as websters :shrug:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is Dictionary.com even some authority on anything? They aren’t Websters.

It was bought by IAC, who owns, among other sites, Daily Beast, Vimeo, Angie's List, Ask.com, investopedia and every other "oh yeah, they also do what a way more popular site does".

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I thought "twerk" was a relatively recent addition to the dictionary but apparently it dates back to 1820 :wtc:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Spoeank posted:

"All words are made up." - Thor Odinson

"Words no longer have meaning" - Antonin Scalia

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I thought "twerk" was a relatively recent addition to the dictionary but apparently it dates back to 1820 :wtc:

You made me start looking and this site was one of the first on the list of a Google search. Holy hell it's a graphical doozy, at least on a phone.

http://www.onechristianministry.com/truth-661.html

WHY: TWERKING = [WHORE] DANCE OF BABY LON #TWERKING #TWERK #DANCE #BUTT #TWIRKING #TWIRK* 21K+ ↓↓ ↓

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/Wieneraaron/status/1370844840808706050

I'd love to say I'm cat 3 but I'm definitely cat 2

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Went on a walk today with my wife and her sister's family, saw this absolute unit

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

I must watch this whole movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVNiMSdqNNI

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I just finished watching Evangelion again this week, and watched End of Evangelion today. Now I found out that the last Rebuild movie finally aired in Japan, so I’ll probably watch the Rebuild movies again at some point this year. Eva is like the only anime series I can rewatch.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

checks out

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

'Tis the weekend.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh, drat. :rip:

https://twitter.com/trboxing/status/1370902506880966659

e: never a bad time to watch this again

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/1370887698576248836

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 14, 2021

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

iwentdoodie posted:

Badass, man. Make sure to post pics.

This weekend is also putting ceiling tiles up weekend, so my corned beef making was kind of shoehorned in and I failed to get pictures, BUT it was delicious. I kind of bastardized the recipe in order to make it all in one day, but it was still delicious.

We don't have sous vide, so I did the dutch oven in the oven method. I think next time I'll leave it in the bag and do the poor man's sous vide in the oven at its lowest setting with the remote meat thermometer in the water to make sure it's about where it needs to be. I also wouldn't be as diligent about washing off the spice mix. The softened coriander seeds are pretty good in the storebought version.

It was also the first time I used the sodium nitrite I bought to make bacon last year then never did. Makes me want to use it and make bacon this year.

e: in case anyone is curious what recipe this is about : https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/03/homemade-corned-beef-brisket-with-potatoes-cabbage-carrots-recipe.html

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I remember you posting about this last summer and I tuned in to see this matchup. Goddamn it still absolutely holds up. What a war.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

This is one of the funniest things ive seen in baseball. Ive seen people back away from breaking balls that catch the zone cause they got fooled, but never swinging at a pitch that hits them.

:stare: Absolutely pro click.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Paint Crop Pro posted:

This is one of the funniest things ive seen in baseball. Ive seen people back away from breaking balls that catch the zone cause they got fooled, but never swinging at a pitch that hits them.

:stare: Absolutely pro click.

Comparing that to 1st rounds that are usually just a couple of guys feeling each other out and being tentative is just unfair.

RIP Marvelous :smith:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Android Apocalypse posted:

'Tis the weekend.

How do you like the Solo Stove? I hope to have a yard by this summer and was thinking about getting one, but I could also just drop like 80 bucks on a regular old fire pit from Home Depot or wherever.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

It’s hardly the point, but dang those are some great socks

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Every person I’ve known in my adult life who owned and rode a motorcycle either suffered a serious accident or had multiple “very close call” situations.

Granted that’s only like 13 people but that still seems like a high batting average.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

This looks amazing.

God drat!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I am taking my doggo Bandit to the vet today because I think he might have diabetes. :(

Update: he's being treated for a UTI but they also detected excessive bladder skin cells in his urine so he might have a growth... We're going to move forward as if a UTI but if that doesn't work then a sonogram is next. Please send Ts&Ps (treats&pets)

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 14, 2021

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Every person I’ve known in my adult life who owned and rode a motorcycle either suffered a serious accident or had multiple “very close call” situations.

Granted that’s only like 13 people but that still seems like a high batting average.

I desperately want the experience of riding a motorcycle but I don't trust other drivers enough to not kill me

Edit: also I'm a heart patient on blood thinners now, so

Also unrelated but the second dose of the vaccine is kicking my fuckin rear end

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Playing for the Pirates is bad enough (Bob Nutting Delenda Est)

https://twitter.com/Gaius_Gracchus_/status/1370944454320918532

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ozymandius1024 posted:

Comparing that to 1st rounds that are usually just a couple of guys feeling each other out and being tentative is just unfair.

Anytime the announcer says 'this is still the first round!' in a slightly disbelieving voice you know you're watching something good.

This little guy is too awesome for that, here's hoping it's just the UTI.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/NickAdamsinUSA/status/1370928630621159424

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Update: he's being treated for a UTI but they also detected excessive bladder skin cells in his urine so he might have a growth... We're going to move forward as if a UTI but if that doesn't work then a sonogram is next. Please send Ts&Ps (treats&pets)

Bandit is a pro name and those ears are spectacular, T&P

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Mr. Nice! posted:

I miss my harley softtail quite often, but the girlfriend is worried about me becoming a smear on the road so I don't ride anymore.
I can't imagine riding around on two wheels with the absolutely horrible condition of road surfaces on many roads. Four wheels without decent ground clearance seems iffy at times.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
aztecs bitch

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Who's ready to lose an hour of sleep tonight?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
So in Wandavision can Vision afford property because his inability to eat means he can't waste his money on avocado toast and lattes

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Freaquency posted:

How do you like the Solo Stove? I hope to have a yard by this summer and was thinking about getting one, but I could also just drop like 80 bucks on a regular old fire pit from Home Depot or wherever.

This thing is awesome. Only downside is I need to let the fire die completely & go cold before putting it away (no dousing it with water). No smoke though has been pretty drat sweet, and I got the outdoor cover I ordered back in December today so it can live comfortably outdoors.

Spoeank posted:

So in Wandavision can Vision afford property because his inability to eat means he can't waste his money on avocado toast and lattes

I figured Vision asked for a private place out in New Jersey & Fury said, "Sure."

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

I just finished watching Evangelion again this week, and watched End of Evangelion today. Now I found out that the last Rebuild movie finally aired in Japan, so I’ll probably watch the Rebuild movies again at some point this year. Eva is like the only anime series I can rewatch.

yep, came out in theaters here this past Monday. I haven't seen the Rebuild movies yet so I'll have to add this onto the list once I get around to it. what I do know is the theme song absolutely slaps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uhh62MUEic

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Very good dog. Good he’s okay.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Spoeank posted:

Most of the show takes places in eras when one-income households could afford that standard of living.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CannonFodder posted:

I can't imagine riding around on two wheels with the absolutely horrible condition of road surfaces on many roads. Four wheels without decent ground clearance seems iffy at times.

Highways are generally in good shape and are perfect for nice long rides. Plus a big ol’ cruiser is basically a recliner on wheels as far as comfort goes.