Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It's even more underwhelming because not only are they at prison, they're not even at the ship anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

“Zombies have overrun Verdansk*!”

*one tiny corner of the map

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Ehhhh to be fair i probably wouldn’t of gone back to normal warzone even if the zombie event was applied better. 45 player resurgence is almost perfect.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

is it just me or is this game, both WZ and Cold War in the absolute worst state it's ever been in since the last update? Seems like we have seen 1000% increase in players crashing, entire servers crashing, rounds with massive lag even if everyones ping is low, lobby issues etc.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Ehhhh to be fair i probably wouldn’t of gone back to normal warzone even if the zombie event was applied better. 45 player resurgence is almost perfect.

I like to switch between the two. Resurgence is a lot of fun, but the main WZ BR mode will always feel like the "real" game to me. Resurgence feels like more of a dick around mode which is cool and good, but I mostly think it's fun for blowing off steam.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 12, 2021

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

We played blops for the free week and the only person who had a nice thing to say about it vs mw2019 was the guy who bought it at launch because he foolishly thought he we were all buying it too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My group claims its better than MW and I think they are all out of their minds lol. MW reinvigorated my interest in COD and Blops just reminds me of why I stopped playing COD years ago. I went back and played some MW alone the other night and it was like a warm blanket. I like literally everything about it way better.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I can’t imagine why Zombies aren’t just another Circle - This is the area of Zombie infestation this map, it’s going to be different every round. Makes another area you can choose to go to, but it’s hard to be quiet, and I dunno, make it have a higher incidence of Orange boxes, or whatever.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Finally got to the fourth level of Outbreak and beat it with randoms.

Then the loving server crashed, erasing all bonus progress.

:stare:

The sad thing? There is a purple paisley gun skin from Zombies, meaning I'm going to keep playing it.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
If you were to sit me at the helm of Warzone development and task me with making the zombie event more mediocre and underwhelming, i genuinely don't think I could come up with a way to do it.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Captain Log posted:

Finally got to the fourth level of Outbreak and beat it with randoms.

If you come play with us you'll easily make it to the 5th or 6th round every time and it doesn't matter what platform you're on. You do have to listen to us in discord though.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Rockstar Massacre posted:

If you were to sit me at the helm of Warzone development and task me with making the zombie event more mediocre and underwhelming, i genuinely don't think I could come up with a way to do it.

The zombies aren't even in prison proper they're in the gulag so you can effectively spawn them and get out without dealing with any of the teams actually doing stuff in prison. It's real bad.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I will give them credit for allowing you to finish the vehicle kills portion of the event before moving the zombies to a location that I think is mostly inaccessible to vehicles.

It may have been accidental though

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I''ve played an insane amount of warzone but I've kind of stopped playing it entirely this season. I'm playing Zombies (I know, I'm a sellout) with friends and its actually pretty fun mindless poo poo. I'm basically using it to power level all the cold war guns in the event that one of them becomes a new meta.

The map (Verdansk) is what it is and this zombie rollout is so loving lame and boring. I'm beyond ready for the new map and honestly I think it was a big mistake rolling out the new map with this half rear end 'VERDANSK IS BEING OVERRUN' story that is taking long as gently caress to do. The fact that there is 40 more days til next season is an agonizingly long way away.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

had a lategame respawn parachute into the middle of my team's position to steal our helicopter on a hilltop

he found the proximity mine under it instead

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

soggybagel posted:

I''ve played an insane amount of warzone but I've kind of stopped playing it entirely this season. I'm playing Zombies (I know, I'm a sellout) with friends and its actually pretty fun mindless poo poo. I'm basically using it to power level all the cold war guns in the event that one of them becomes a new meta.

The map (Verdansk) is what it is and this zombie rollout is so loving lame and boring. I'm beyond ready for the new map and honestly I think it was a big mistake rolling out the new map with this half rear end 'VERDANSK IS BEING OVERRUN' story that is taking long as gently caress to do. The fact that there is 40 more days til next season is an agonizingly long way away.

It's really the speed at which they roll out these 'lore' based map changes that's unbelievable. There was almost a full week between when they tweeted that the zombies were leaving the ship, and the zombies actually being moved to prison. I don't understand why they think that's going to hold anyone's interest? Why not just drop the tweet the day of, or the day before? You get everyone's attention and then do absolutely nothing for just long enough that nobody gives a poo poo.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
They're rolling it out at the speed a reality show handles storylines. It really feels like the way a reality show will show a scene, then go to commercial, and when they come back just recap the scene we just saw.

Now if they just fast tracked this and dropped a new map in the middle of the season I'd be happy, but it seems unlikely at the speed they're doing it which means we have to wait til the battle pass season ends. Its just painfully loving slow and stupid. And I'll say I respect games trying to build some weird background narrative and at first I was onboard with it in Warzone when it launched. It helps vaguely explain "new" characters and how sort of half rear end justifies new characters entering the fray. But now that theres an entirely separate game out but also its sort of trying to wedge them into Warzone and then the whole zombie thing which I just hate in Warzone its just annoying.

Just launch the new loving map!

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
if they did it any faster then all those daily mission completionists would have an apoplexy because they couldn’t finish some arbitrary xp challenge for knifing a zombie in the ship while using the mara cat skin

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think Warzone is simultaneously the best BR game ever by a wide margin and the worst I have ever seen at doing stuff to keep it fresh. Every time they do something it's a novelty to check out once and forget about. Opening the stadium was the only really noteworthy thing imo because it's actually a cool area of the map that I go to a lot. Train is cool but novel. Everything else has been extremely whatever. i think people are just super tired of Verdansk at this point.

I wish they would just do the PUBG approach and have different maps though. I don't want Verdansk gone I just want more options.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
I don't even understand the zombies in WZ. It feels like some sort of contractual obligation to make a CW tie in. No one cares, give us the new map or at least fix all the broken poo poo

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

veni veni veni posted:

I think Warzone is simultaneously the best BR game ever by a wide margin and the worst I have ever seen at doing stuff to keep it fresh. Every time they do something it's a novelty to check out once and forget about. Opening the stadium was the only really noteworthy thing imo because it's actually a cool area of the map that I go to a lot. Train is cool but novel. Everything else has been extremely whatever. i think people are just super tired of Verdansk at this point.

I wish they would just do the PUBG approach and have different maps though. I don't want Verdansk gone I just want more options.

Verdansk being gone makes sense in the short term. People are pretty tired of it in general so the idea that you'd have it pop up in a rotation would suck because you'd get a ton of people quitting out immediately. Let people miss it and then bring it back for some event or something.

I personally think all the big battle royale games hit weird atrophy points and for me Verdansk kind of hit a wall right as Cold War was coming out. And the integration has been clunky so that doubled down on my waning interest. Let me also say that I've had so much fun this past year and I'm really excited about a new map.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah for sure I'd be into that, I just would rather have more than one map than have it disappear into the ether in the long term. I don't think almost anyone would want to play on verdansk for a while.

Honestly idg why it's become standard for BR games to have only one drat map. PUBG sucks, but I thought it was cool that they kept putting maps out and honestly if the gameplay was even close to as good as Warzone and it moved past some of it's more archaic ideas I'd have stuck with it. Ultimately it's way too ghetto to bother with in 2021 though.

I understand BR maps are huge so I'm not asking for 10 maps or anything. I just think these games could really benefit from a cycling rotation and if they are going to make new ones why get rid of the old.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I don't even have a beef with the lack of major map changes, it's really the unbelievable amount of time they spend hyping those changes before they drop that makes them super underwhelming.

Also the metro and not being able to have moving train fights is lame as poo poo

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The metro was the single most disappointing, because I thought we were going to have tunnels systems to run around in and all it ended up being was a fast travel system.

Edit: a fast travel system the removed.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I remember the first time they opened the metro and I got on and they said it would not take to you a location out of the zone, which was a lie and I died in the gas.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/IRbIgDj.gifv
my dumb rear end shooting the ground managed to A)bypass their trophy system and B) somehow only take off a single plate of damage on myself

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

hugegrossburrito posited the theory to me the other day that people have gotten super sloppy with vehicles because nobody carries launchers anymore, so I've been carrying a Strela everywhere and It's usually free kills every game. The gross fucker isn't wrong, people really are playing extremely fast and loose with vehicles:

https://clips.twitch.tv/AnimatedWiseAlligatorTBTacoLeft-LbZtJZbL-WlWx7qQ

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Grey Fox posted:

https://i.imgur.com/IRbIgDj.gifv
my dumb rear end shooting the ground managed to A)bypass their trophy system and B) somehow only take off a single plate of damage on myself

:lol: @ the trophy system just sitting on the ground unscathed.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Is there a guide to what settings you should use for pc? I got a gaming laptop because I am doing some traveling and I don’t know what settings I should use to max it out.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Get a console so you don’t get dev errors is the good setting

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

jase1 posted:

Is there a guide to what settings you should use for pc? I got a gaming laptop because I am doing some traveling and I don’t know what settings I should use to max it out.
if you have an Nvidia card in your laptop like me, the GeForce automatic settings have been pretty solid for Warzone for several months now (it was very inconsistent like 8 months ago). Only difference is re-enabling bullet holes/sprays. Warzone complains that I've got the settings way too high but it gives me a near-constant 70fps, so w/e

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

jase1 posted:

Top right you can kinda see what effect each setting has on your GPU usage. Just fiddle with it and find the ones with the largest effect until your FPS is good. What card is in the laptop?

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Yeah the standard settings are pretty awesome on this thing. It runs a million times better than my PS4.

Here is the card NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 Graphics

I think this is what you are asking right?

I’m moron when it comes to computers so that’s why I am asking. I want to get the best out of this machine.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

jase1 posted:

Yeah the standard settings are pretty awesome on this thing. It runs a million times better than my PS4.

Here is the card NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 Graphics

I think this is what you are asking right?

I’m moron when it comes to computers so that’s why I am asking. I want to get the best out of this machine.

That’s what I was asking.

Some people prefer to push max frames and turn everything way down. You should be able to get a hybrid experience where the game still looks good but you get a high enough frame rate that you aren’t a lot a disadvantage. Play around with it a bit. Just make sure you have your FPS counter on in the top left and wiggle some graphics settings while in matches.

Off the top of my head, you can probably turn down particle quality and turn off texture streaming without much graphical beauty loss to increase your frames most significantly.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Awesome thanks for the tips!

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

veni veni veni posted:

The metro was the single most disappointing, because I thought we were going to have tunnels systems to run around in and all it ended up being was a fast travel system.

Edit: a fast travel system the removed.

Funniest thing about the metro was it would often drop you in a station that is in the middle of the gas and they never fixed it.

warsow
Jun 28, 2009
It wasn’t broken though? If the metro said it was going to downtown, it was going to downtown regardless of zone.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I think all BR's should have multiple maps

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
My favorite completely unfixed bug is how in Kingslayer, if you pick up the recon contract on the train, it hard crashes the entire server.

warsow posted:

It wasn’t broken though? If the metro said it was going to downtown, it was going to downtown regardless of zone.

In a post around its launch, IW explicitly said trains would skip stations in the gas.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'd like to find more goons to play wz with but you all use voice in discord correct and it's mostly pc players here? Will I get totally pwnd on consol playing with you boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Waroduce posted:

I'd like to find more goons to play wz with but you all use voice in discord correct and it's mostly pc players here? Will I get totally pwnd on consol playing with you boys

There’s a few console players that just use discord on their phones or laptops. It’s fine.