Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

He's comparing Republican policies (Restrict voting to everyone who isn't already a Republican) to Republican conversations (Our voices are being silenced, pour one out for Mr Potato Head)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Yeah, that’s what I thought, because it honestly makes no sense otherwise.

Per...perhaps...it needs more...labellllsssssss :unsmigghh:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's a pretty straightforward blank is the real blank cartoon.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
We already knew Horsey sucks now but he's getting worse:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sinfest Sunday!
It's really bad this week.

As has been pointed out multiple times in this thread no one is or was trying to cancel the Cat in the Hat. The executors of Dr. Seuss's estate decided to cease publication of a few books that contained racist caricatures and apparently the author of Sinfest thinks it's incredibly important for children to see those.

Again, not something progressives where trying to make happen. A privately owned toy company decided to slightly change the name of one of their products. However, because the author of Sinfest is incredibly transphobic anything that even slightly suggests gender norms being challenged is bad and wrong. Also, in addition to dropping the Mr they also dropped the Mrs so if you want to get technical both of the Potatoheads are non-binary now, but the idea of an AFAB person feeling more comfortable outside of the traditional gender binary fucks up the incredibly stupid TERF narrative that the author buys into so instead Mrs Potatohead is of COURSE still a Mrs and is being an rear end in a top hat to her spouse which we're supposed to see as relatable.

Hahaha, yeah! People sure do hate these things that aren't happening!

Oof.

Sinfest is trying really hard to be on the wrong side of history in every possible way.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

rodbeard posted:

It's a pretty straightforward blank is the real blank cartoon.

The "Conservatives are the real cancel culture" angle genuinely didn't occur to me. I just looked at it and saw "liberals are cancelling people who voted? :confused:" because I am not very smart.

e: ^^ You could literally always put Mrs. Potato Head's appendages on Mr. Potato Head, that was the whole loving point of the toy you null-brained moron

SneezeOfTheDecade fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 14, 2021

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That man is stealing the largest, pinkest VHS tape ever

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I'm generally not comfortable wishing illness on people, but if Garrison could get COVID and have lungs as hosed up as mine have been for the last year, I'd be really into that.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

but the idea of an AFAB person feeling more comfortable outside of the traditional gender binary fucks up the incredibly stupid TERF narrative that the author buys into

hell yeah, my existence is justified

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Sinfest Sunday!

Just straight up a chud strip now. What a weird journey for Ishida.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Sinfest Sunday!

Oof.

Sinfest is trying really hard to be on the wrong side of history in every possible way.

As horrible as this is I must admit that BLM Bear Stare is pretty Kickin' Rad.

:hellyeah:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Raised By Birds posted:

Yeah it’s funny how like last month he was doing the “actually both sides!” and now he’s right on in there with nothing but alt-right hot takes. They Mr. Potato head thing isn’t even true. The renamed the line of toys to PotatoHead because they still have a Mr and Mrs PotatoHead, still says it right on the box, and added a family pack of potato head that includes all parts in one package so if a kid has same gender parents or non-binary parents they can make a potato family that matches theirs. That’s it. If you desperately need to get your kid a gendered Mr and Mrs potato head they still are selling them

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Also, of the Seuss books being pulled, it’s pretty much all B-list stuff at best. If they hadn’t said a word and just quietly stopping printing them, I imagine nobody would have even noticed. Given Suess’s own regret over his treatment of the Japanese throughout the 40s, I imagine he’d have made edits or stopped production himself.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
I've seen a few people cite On Beyond Zebra (maybe including Bill Watterson?) as an influence, but that's it.

Seems like a cool book (don't think I had it as a kid), pity about the... y'know.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pants Donkey posted:

Also, of the Seuss books being pulled, it’s pretty much all B-list stuff at best. If they hadn’t said a word and just quietly stopping printing them, I imagine nobody would have even noticed. Given Suess’s own regret over his treatment of the Japanese throughout the 40s, I imagine he’d have made edits or stopped production himself.

While all this has been going on the Seuss books have been selling shitloads and it's not even the controversial books going out of print that people are snapping up. They literally believe that all of the authorship is going away so they har hamstering Cat in the Hat and Lorax books because FOX News told them to.
That in itself is pretty funny since most of the good Seuss books have pretty drat lefty morals.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

I'm going to imagine drunk ducky there explaining why he should be able to use the N word.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unfortunately, the Lorax also ended up spawning the tumblr sexyman. So it's a land of contrasts.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lodin posted:

While all this has been going on the Seuss books have been selling shitloads and it's not even the controversial books going out of print that people are snapping up. They literally believe that all of the authorship is going away so they har hamstering Cat in the Hat and Lorax books because FOX News told them to.
That in itself is pretty funny since most of the good Seuss books have pretty drat lefty morals.

I wonder how all these chuds would feel if they saw Seuss' politoons which have a very anti-"America First" stance.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Again, not something progressives where trying to make happen. A privately owned toy company decided to slightly change the name of one of their products. However, because the author of Sinfest is incredibly transphobic anything that even slightly suggests gender norms being challenged is bad and wrong. Also, in addition to dropping the Mr they also dropped the Mrs so if you want to get technical both of the Potatoheads are non-binary now, but the idea of an AFAB person feeling more comfortable outside of the traditional gender binary fucks up the incredibly stupid TERF narrative that the author buys into so instead Mrs Potatohead is of COURSE still a Mrs and is being an rear end in a top hat to her spouse which we're supposed to see as relatable.

They didn't even go that far. They're still selling Mr. and Mrs. Potatohead toys, they just changed the name of the toy line from "Mr. Potatohead" to just "Potatohead"

But you're correct that this complete non-issue is the absolute worst thing he thinks is going on right now because he's a hideous transphobe

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

This is an unironic version of the “I have been silenced” cartoon. The funniest thing about that cartoon and others like this one isn’t that they’re getting huge platforms to complain about being silenced, it’s that they never actually state what it is they were silenced for. You have a golden opportunity to discuss whatever it is that you think is so crucial for people to hear, and all you do is talk about yourself.

quote:

All right, I’ll bite, Gary: What are the people you support doing to defeat the Nazis?

I honestly thought this was a lefty cartoon at first- just change “canceling” to “complaining about” and it’s a spot on critique of the GOP.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Vib Rib posted:

So... even in Garrison's own explanation, the cops still caused it? He's saying the stress they caused resulted in death.

The stress they caused by approaching him. Zyklon Ben is saying that Floyd would have died if the cops had done nothing.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Some cotext: That is Fahad Qureshi, leader of the exremely conservative group Islam Net. He has been accused of radicalizing people (and to be fair members of his group has joined IS), his group recently bought a property that he says he wants to turn into a youth center. The gnome cap represents naivety (there's a norwegian saying that goes like "pulling the gnome cap over your eyes" which basically means being willfully dense).

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Sinfest Sunday!

There are even more of these on his twitter. He is all in on the Mr. Potatohead thing.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Sinfest Sunday!
It's really bad this week.
:lol:
I didn't bother reading it, but I saw cat in the hat and potatoheads and I already saw everything I needed to. This looks like Ishida is one step from doing antivax cartoons.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah:
https://twitter.com/TatsuyaIshida9/status/1359293921180876800

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

WWII vets are getting really old, so let's gets newer one and make the other guy vet also.

There.

Captain Kosmos fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Mar 14, 2021

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I'm wary about sharing this edit because I felt incredibly gross making it, it must feel incredibly gross to read it, and yet it's absolutely what Bruce Tinsley meant. I'll accept a probe for posting it because it's that loving dire.

Spoilered because reading this many slurs needs to be voluntary.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
lmao, Ishida going full mask off.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jagged Jim posted:

As horrible as this is I must admit that BLM Bear Stare is pretty Kickin' Rad.

:hellyeah:

So is Potatohead, totally rockin' that Cabaret-look. Honestly, all the bad guys look rad:

Meanwhile the good guys thinks a t-shirt and caps is the height of fashion.

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Mar 14, 2021

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Was it Tinsley or was it Ramirez that originated the "X hours of research" meme?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Again :tinsley: if you're finding it difficult to kill your liver fast enough I have a full liqueur cabinet at your disposal and I'll even throw in a few bottles of terpentine, methyl alcohol and paint thinner all for you!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Captain Kosmos posted:

WWII vets are getting really old, so let's gets newer one and make the other guy vet also.

Grandfather's of kids that age were born in the 60s.

FFT posted:

Was it Tinsley or was it Ramirez that originated the "X hours of research" meme?

Tinsley.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1050391663552671744

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Pants Donkey posted:

Holy poo poo :stonk:

loving die, dude: you are scum.

Kellies nomination: worst overall.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

RoboRodent posted:

I'm generally not comfortable wishing illness on people, but if Garrison could get COVID and have lungs as hosed up as mine have been for the last year, I'd be really into that.

If I may, seeing as how Ishida is now completely indistinguishable from Garrison in the messages of his cartoons, I'd like to extend this to him as well.

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

I know, compared to so many others, this one is minor, but "Meghan deserved everything she got" is a pretty awful take.

Kellies nomination: Bigotry.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Raised By Birds posted:

Well I mean, until you guys started posting this poo poo again recently my last memory of Sinfest was "edgy" racist misogynist poo poo so I can't say it's surprising.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

SimonChris posted:

There are even more of these on his twitter. He is all in on the Mr. Potatohead thing.

The first one at least has the semblance of a joke. Mr Potato head all wide eyes and waking his wife up because they're "on a journey" is a solid bit. Like a Kids in the Hall sketch. The only thing of his in this thread that even passes for AGC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

One thing I love about these “Millennials are good for nothing snowflakes unlike older generations because they are veterans of wars!” is how they completely ignore how it’s been millennials who have been stuck and now their children being stuck fighting the loving forever wars people like McCoy demanded happen while having no skin in the game