Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

MorrisBae posted:

New York gives Medicaid recipients free Uber credits and for years gave free cab fare for medical appointments

The fact that every old person I saw using that service was unknowingly having that charged against their estate is loving with me right now

"Sure - take a $40 cab you loving poors...you're paying for it anyway..."

it's interesting that the article mentioned how many more people were affected bc of the aca's medicaid expansion. That was (and still is) an issue p. much entirely ignored by democrats at both the state and federal level, even when they have the power (and numbers) to change it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

jesus christ

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

-more money for cops
-shoot em in the knees
-ban things that are already banned
-no accountability
-most progressive legislation ever

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
how do you tell a lib theyve become a neocon? seems impossible

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

My mom didn't have much to pass on regardless after she died but it was a bit grating that the same system that refused to pay any medical expenses til she met a Your Whole Income Minus $400 spenddown every month (of note, her income was all SS disability after a lifelong career as a nurse because her employer for most of that time did an Enron with her retirement fund) felt entitled to all of that "not much".

I don't really know what the solution is to the problems of generational wealth but ensuring that poor people, specifically and solely, don't have any is probably not that solution.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

(I know Medicaid isn't like that everywhere but it sure was in late 90s Ohio.)

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

paranoid randroid posted:

how do you tell a lib theyve become a neocon? seems impossible

you don't understand, israel unilaterally launching a nuclear strike against iran, while regrettable, is nowhere near as disruptive as iran having nukes of their own as a deterrent

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/ryandeel/status/1233168597679104000?s=19

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Stringent posted:

you don't understand, israel unilaterally launching a nuclear strike against iran, while regrettable, is nowhere near as disruptive as iran having nukes of their own as a deterrent

*nods with tremendous gravitas* truly the persian does not understand cause and effect

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Have you ever thought about how FYAD is the AOC of the forums

Help I can't sleep

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
seriously i cannot believe im seeing talking points that were regarded as fringe nonsense from looney toons neocon outlets about iran making nukes and accidentally doing a terrorism because persians fundamentally cannot grasp the significance of their actions in 2003 spouted off as defenses of democrat foreign policy in 2021

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
what is pet island

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
i'm not going to engage with them, but something they're unaware of or ignoring is that if iran even shared its conventional surface to surface missile technology with the Houthis or whoever Saudi Arabia would be minus a few oil refineries, and far more crucially, desalinization plants which they'd probably notice the loss of in some p dramatic ways

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

why the democratic primary wouldnt the republican primary be more on brand for both of them

also why have them compete in a primary instead of an election if youre not doing a metajoke about how the other guys are running some loser no one cares about

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Toxic Avenger reboot is getting political

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Homeless Friend posted:

what is pet island

not much, what's pet idland w/ u?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

*nods with tremendous gravitas* truly the persian does not understand cause and effect

i just want to underline the fact that i am not exaggerating when i say that this was a guiding principle of gwb foreign policy and i literally just had some dude repeat it to my face in defense of the dems

"The concern isn't the Iranian government giving it to "militias." The concern is two-fold:

a) The more extreme/extremist elements within the Iranian government (such as the IRG) gaining control over those capabilities or getting their hands on materials
b) Iran sharing nuclear secrets or materials with rogue states like North Korea"

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

now correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't breonna murdered in a city with a dem mayor and a dem supermajority on the city council?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
iran might nuke someone because theyre just so gosh darn irrational. im very woke.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Some Guy TT posted:

why the democratic primary wouldnt the republican primary be more on brand for both of them

Austin Powers had a better understanding of consent than at least two of the last three Democrat presidents

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

iran might nuke someone because theyre just so gosh darn irrational. im very woke.

they're a lot like women, you see

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Homeless Friend posted:

what is pet island

The Biden dog account, duh

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
look, Iran is stupid and insane so they can't have nukes, unlike us and our allies who are sane and not acting violently across the globe. I'm very well educated and smart. Great debate and discussion for adults.

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos

Imagine reading this poo poo as Breonna Taylor’s parents

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

how long are we going to have suffer through the constant orgasming over biden from the libs

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Homeless Friend posted:

What the gently caress lol

is pepsi ok posted:

seriously what the gently caress

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

A lot of toxic masculinity in that country, unlike ours.:colbert:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Nichael posted:

how long are we going to have suffer through the constant orgasming over biden from the libs

1 more year then they will start fretting about polls!

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cerebral Bore posted:

now correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't breonna murdered in a city with a dem mayor and a dem supermajority on the city council?

Organize!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

Look, uhhhhhh...clearly ya didn't vote hard enough!

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

SgtMongoose posted:

Bernie’s entire political career has culminated in his magnum opus. All the campaigns, donations, and volunteers building to this moment. The high water mark of progressivism in America. The America Rescue Plan. He can finally rest. He won.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
you know, bernie's been fighting the good fight longer than most of us have been alive, and the fact that the support just wasn't there isn't his fault. i know a lot of you useless losers insist that His Duty was to kamikaze himself against the dem establishment, but gently caress you can't ask that of an 80 year old man. i think he was sincere, i think he did his best, and i don't think going harder against the dems would have gotten him over the line.

i still like bernie, glad i supported him. it's not his fault dem voters loving succ.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Stringent posted:

you know, bernie's been fighting the good fight longer than most of us have been alive, and the fact that the support just wasn't there isn't his fault. i know a lot of you useless losers insist that His Duty was to kamikaze himself against the dem establishment, but gently caress you can't ask that of an 80 year old man. i think he was sincere, i think he did his best, and i don't think going harder against the dems would have gotten him over the line.

i still like bernie, glad i supported him. it's not his fault dem voters loving succ.

source ure succ

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
nah that one's me

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
we hold the voters ransom for 2000 dollars... (senators grumbling)

oh, okay.... for .... 1400 dollars

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hell, i like bernald sandlers

at least i cant bring myself to dislike him when there are so many richer targets. full disclosure i may be a sheepdog.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i am also an fsb agent, deal with that as you will

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Stringent posted:

I'm not gonna call you a sheepdog lib wrecker cuck or what have you, but I just can't agree. The only way Bernie could have won was showing a willingness to kamikaze himself against the party, and even if they didn't flinch and instead forced him to follow through with it in a loss, that was still the right thing to do. The party needed to yield or the spell of US electoralism needed to be broken, and Bernie couldn't accomplish the former because he was himself under the spell of the latter

I've posted it plenty here and I still mean it, I'd have gladly died to put the dude in the big chair if I could've, but there's only so much a useless loser can really do. Whatever phantom affection I feel for him now, I'll always regard it as an unforgivable betrayal that he surrendered when he had an army at his back

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Stringent posted:

nah that one's me

oh ok, in that case lmao that you still defend that useless dipshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
what do you have against defending useless dipshits? you're a useless dipshit, wouldn't you want ppl to defend you?