Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Mr. Nice! posted:

Highways are generally in good shape and are perfect for nice long rides. Plus a big ol’ cruiser is basically a recliner on wheels as far as comfort goes.

The way my back is hosed up makes cruisers the worst, oddly enough. I'm more comfortable on a sport bike, or even better a sport bike with bars instead of clip ons.

If I was single I would definitely have a Concours 14 in my garage though, and take that fucker on every road trip imaginable. God those are comfy bikes that are also laffo fast.

E: can't time stamp it, but at like 1:30 in this https://youtu.be/jjCyxk3BpN0 it starts showing his standing half mile. Not bad for a bike that weighs almost 700 wet, big rear end screen, and hard bags.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Mar 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
...the gently caress?

https://twitter.com/basialcummings/status/1370726312432836609

I feel like he's to be pitied, because if there's one age you don't want to get stuck in forever it's during middle school.

e: wearing glasses and a suit. This poor kid is getting shoved into lockers by 80 year old Polish politicians.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Mar 14, 2021

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

...the gently caress?

I feel like he's to be pitied, because if there's one age you don't want to get stuck in forever it's during middle school.

e: wearing glasses and a suit. This poor kid is getting shoved into lockers by 80 year old Polish politicians.

He looks like James Vanderbeek hit with a youth ray

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I went to bed way too early in anticipation of daylight savings now I woke up even earlier than anticipated so I'm doubly screwed on DST, wooooo

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I love the start of DST. It's light out after dinner! Happy days are here again.

Now make it permanent, these time jumps are terrible

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I miss my harley softtail quite often, but the girlfriend is worried about me becoming a smear on the road so I don't ride anymore.

Here's to non-American gfs from countries where motorcycles and scooters are a major mode of transportation, and thus think nothing of it.

Bikes are dangerous with many bad possibilities, but they are also one of the few things I genuinely enjoy in life. Sorry you miss your springer, Mr Nice. I definitely understand your loss

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Hey d-link, I'm thinking about screening in my porch. You ever used a kit like this? https://www.homedepot.com/p/EZ-Scre...roduct-overview

Is it decent or would I be better off building it out with wood framing?

D-LINK posted:

Here's to non-American gfs from countries where motorcycles and scooters are a major mode of transportation, and thus think nothing of it.

Bikes are dangerous with many bad possibilities, but they are also one of the few things I genuinely enjoy in life. Sorry you miss your springer, Mr Nice. I definitely understand your loss

If American drivers paid the slightest bit of attention, I'd probably still be riding.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

D-LINK posted:

we went on a day trip via the highway today (so I drove like 140 miles or so total) and on the way back got buzzed by honest-to-god, no-poo poo bosozoku bikers. they're a dying breed but they're still on the loose.

at a service area also saw a middle aged couple on a bright yellow Harley bagger and each of them had bright yellow jackets to match.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

...the gently caress?

Smoking that cigarette like he fought with the partisans.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Update: he's being treated for a UTI but they also detected excessive bladder skin cells in his urine so he might have a growth... We're going to move forward as if a UTI but if that doesn't work then a sonogram is next. Please send Ts&Ps (treats&pets)

Hope he feels better soon! Our geriatric greyhound had a nasty, persistent UTI this past summer that had me back and forth to the vet like 8 times, she kept having the most vile smelling accidents overnight. She went on like three different antibiotics including one for a full month, and the second she went off it she was back to nasty pees on the carpet. That was pretty much the end of the road, because her heart isn’t strong enough to go under for surgery, but my fiancé kinda last ditch Hail Mary ordered these cranberry urinary tract support treats and...they work? She gets two treats a day and I give her a wipe with a baby wipe once or twice a day after I let her out and we don’t seem to have any problems anymore.

I get to attempt to re-silicon my shower today. I spent like 8 hours last week chipping away the old stuff that might as well have been God drat construction adhesive. There’s no way I’m able to clean it up 100% so I just did the best I could and am probably going to end up using the bath tub shower until I can afford to put in a new stall :(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

GD_American posted:

Most of the show takes places in eras when one-income households could afford that standard of living.

This guy didn't finish the show

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
This is a pretty good thread:

https://twitter.com/hikikonormie/status/1370871060871151620?s=19

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I realize the me hating facebook and thinking it's a huge evil thing is well known BUT I highly recommend reading this article on their AI programs and how irresponsible they are. Along with more general shittiness of their policies.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/03/11/1020600/facebook-responsible-ai-misinformation/

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

D-LINK posted:

my ex made me sell my bike so time to get a new one I guess lol

right now my money is going to fixing up the house though

e: tell my why I shouldn't do this I do need new countertops probably

https://www.amazon.com/Livelynine-C...084V13QKF&psc=1

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 14, 2021

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Going home as soon as pharmacy gets my prescriptions straightened out (they're sending me home with a lot of painkillers, some Bentyl and famotidine, the last of which is just Pepcid). :unsmith:

Thank God I have a few frozen dinners, though. Once again I had pulled some beef and chicken from the freezer to the fridge before I went to the ED; I'm pretty sure I'm going to hear something scream ZUUUUUUUL at me when I open up the refrigerator.

Although I think I have a Panera gift card somewhere, maybe I'll use that for dinner.

Anyway, it's a beautiful Sunday in Wisconsin and for the first time in a long while, I actually feel really good and healthy. Brand new week, brand new ballgame. :woop:

Although a burrito sounds good. drat Qdoba, why you gotta be so expensive.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Congrats Timby!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MarkGreenmantle/status/1370967265089253378

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

That’s a good dog

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Yay Timby, I'm glad you're back home

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Yay Timby! Hopefully you won’t have to go back in again anytime soon.

Freaquency posted:

That’s a good dog

:hmmyes:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Timby posted:

Going home as soon as pharmacy gets my prescriptions straightened out (they're sending me home with a lot of painkillers, some Bentyl and famotidine, the last of which is just Pepcid). :unsmith:

Thank God I have a few frozen dinners, though. Once again I had pulled some beef and chicken from the freezer to the fridge before I went to the ED; I'm pretty sure I'm going to hear something scream ZUUUUUUUL at me when I open up the refrigerator.

Although I think I have a Panera gift card somewhere, maybe I'll use that for dinner.

Anyway, it's a beautiful Sunday in Wisconsin and for the first time in a long while, I actually feel really good and healthy. Brand new week, brand new ballgame. :woop:

Although a burrito sounds good. drat Qdoba, why you gotta be so expensive.

Congrats!

But also maybe skip the burrito and have, like, some oatmeal. Something that wouldn't send your rear end back to the hospital.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 14, 2021

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Timby they're giving you diet restrictions right

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Congrats Timby. Hope you stay healthy.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

edit: this space left blank

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Congrats Timby! Really happy to hear you're getting well.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Intruder posted:

e: tell my why I shouldn't do this I do need new countertops probably

https://www.amazon.com/Livelynine-C...084V13QKF&psc=1

Do you live in a decrepit double wide? That is the only place this would improve

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FizFashizzle posted:

Timby they're giving you diet restrictions right

Oh, I've been on diet restrictions for a year and a half. But an adjustment in the pancrelipase dosage I take has made it easier for me to digest foods that are higher in fat. And now that I'm winding up this round of treatment for my nephropathy, they've been opening up my sodium intake, as well. (Which is appreciated. Life is so boring when you have to replace salt with Mrs. Dash.)

They're also looking at doing something called a celiac plexus nerve block (or something along those lines, I forget the exact terminology) which would basically disable the pain receptors that get triggered by my pancreatitis and the cysts I have on the pancreas. That sounds like a vaguely interesting approach. Modern medicine is fascinating.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

This would be my dog

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Timby posted:

Oh, I've been on diet restrictions for a year and a half. But an adjustment in the pancrelipase dosage I take has made it easier for me to digest foods that are higher in fat. And now that I'm winding up this round of treatment for my nephropathy, they've been opening up my sodium intake, as well. (Which is appreciated. Life is so boring when you have to replace salt with Mrs. Dash.)

They're also looking at doing something called a celiac plexus nerve block (or something along those lines, I forget the exact terminology) which would basically disable the pain receptors that get triggered by my pancreatitis and the cysts I have on the pancreas. That sounds like a vaguely interesting approach. Modern medicine is fascinating.

Yeah turns out when nerves do nothing but send pain signals, you can just deaden them. My mom almost did that for trigeminal neuralgia, but finally found a medication regimen that worked well.

Also, in the topic of motorcycle chat, the trauma rotation in medical school is undefeated all time. I know of no one who owned a motorcycle, went through the trauma rotation and kept it. They all sold them within a month.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Even for crypto bullshit NFTs are especially dubious, there were almost instantly people/accounts trying to steal art on social media via NFTs

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Shits popping off across the pond

https://twitter.com/sianabradley/status/1371174623161815043?s=20

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I finished WandaVision last night. I enjoyed it well enough, but I’m probably more disappointed in it then I would have been if it just sucked outright. It feels like through the first 4 episodes or so they were *this* close to nailing something that was big and different and engaging and then it just plummeted from there into standard superhero story tropes. Things like secretly evil head of a supposed good-guy organization! Shoehorning in the creation of a new superhero to set up a new property! Name dropping one of the Avengers that has a sequel coming soon! They had the opportunity to have this interesting meditation on grief and loss, and explore some of the ramifications of having half of all life on Earth snapped out of existence, and instead the last 40 minutes is just people punching their problems away.

That’s the big flaw I think in the Marvel properties nowadays - nothing is really given the chance to stand on its own and use the existing characters to explore ideas in an interesting way. It’s all set up to continue this perpetual motion machine of movies and now TV shows. It feels like everything is just a setup for something else, and after awhile that becomes exhausting.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Also, in the topic of motorcycle chat, the trauma rotation in medical school is undefeated all time. I know of no one who owned a motorcycle, went through the trauma rotation and kept it. They all sold them within a month.

Once you’ve seen a couple of brains or people smashed to pieces inside their leathers, riding loses its mystique.

The Triumph Bonneville is sexy enough to almost make me question it, but not quite.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I think Wandavision was good and a step in what they were hoping to do which is have other genres in the MCU. Dr. Strange 2 is supposed to be a horror/psychological thriller type film. Falcon and the Winter Soldier looks to be Lethal Weapon but with these two characters we have seen before. Hell, I would love to watch a romantic comedy set in the MCU in the style of Mr. And Mrs. Smith. I think a real challenge, and the ultimate hurdle, is maving an MCU show/film with minimal to no action. I think that would be a cool challenge, and one I think She Hulk looks to be tackling.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is it true that most of the criticism for WandaVison is that people went wild with crazy theory crafting and in actuality the story was way more simple?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I liked Wandavision quite a bit for how weird it was episodes 4-7 were pretty good with how much I was into it. They completely failed the landing on the last episode but I'd still encourage people to watch it.

Not Ehud though, just scroll on through this chat buddy.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is it true that most of the criticism for WandaVison is that people went wild with crazy theory crafting and in actuality the story was way more simple?

It is both true but also the shows fault when they deliberately did stuff that they knew would cause theory crafting then not just didn't deliver but intentionally threw a finger to it.

You can't dig a well, dump a bunch of trash in it, build a path to it and lead people to it then get mad when they drink from it and vomit and say "well it's not my fault they drank from a well full of trash"

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 14, 2021

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yes, its also the first MCU release since Far From Home and normally we would have had Falcon and the Winter Soldier and two other theatrical releases, so people were starved for it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah people theorycrafted that it was setting up multiverses and all this stuff when really it was just setting up witches lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I don't really begrudge Marvel for tossing in some action and some extended universe tie-ins at the end of Wandavision, after they've made billions of dollars over the last decade churning out movies composed primarily of action and extended universe tie-ins. Though the fact that people seem generally high on it maybe means they will try more stuff like that series in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

swickles posted:

My MSF instructor way back when was an ER doc :v:

Also helped finish up a drift trike a couple weeks ago for a spinal surgeon. At this point we're still not sure if it was for him or a business strategy.