Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Space Opera posted:

I figured I'd finally do the AR 50 ascension quest, now that I've gotten both Xingqiu and Barbara up to 60/70 and the WL down grade feature will be dropping soon (in case I feel like I need to grind Oceanid again for some reason). Of course I ended up shooting right to AR 55 and jumping 2 WL...whoops. Here's hoping the event Oceanid isn't pure BS!

1.4 will also introduce possibility to drop WL one level down, so there's that in case you have a hard time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Space Opera posted:

the event Oceanid

i'm sorry the what

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm calling event Oceanid better purely from it having some normal-rear end boss phases where you just slap around the main body and avoid attacks instead of its usual summon bs. their teaser run being around 2min was probably not absolutely max difficulty or team quality but seems reasonable enough. it's a pyro-susceptible boss so maybe we're just in for the same sort of sub-1min Cryovine degeneracy as Dragonspine (which owned).

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

It's a water boss so I'm pretty sure keqingmains are going to rejoice in inflicting electro charge for a bit.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

This is going to be the event where I regret not building Chong up to support levels.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Pulled my first Qiqi from the character banner. It's really unfortunate that she doesn't generate any energy. It seems like Diona is usually a better pick despite the massively weaker healing.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

brainwrinkle posted:

Pulled my first Qiqi from the character banner. It's really unfortunate that she doesn't generate any energy. It seems like Diona is usually a better pick despite the massively weaker healing.

fast passive/skill healing, 15 seconds of freeze if you have a hydro character, and a big heal in your back pocket if you gently caress up

vs

shields that give you knockoff anemo resonance, and a huge ult that slows/weakens enemies while it heals. sac bow not *required* but strongly recommended

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

padijun posted:

shields that give you knockoff anemo resonance, and a huge ult that slows/weakens enemies while it heals. sac bow not *required* but strongly recommended

I'm becoming a Diona fan. I got her a Maiden's HP goblet with 25.3% ER and put her in Maiden's for an abyss run. She was healing ~4500 hp a tick with a +0 healing bonus circlet. I had no idea, I had been using her for her shield and Noblesse buff.

The burst is way more insane than I was giving it credit for. When she and Sucrose burst it adds ~350 EM. That plus the shield and slow got me past 11-2 for the first time. Stopped trying to kill poo poo and with Ganyu and Mona. It felt like everything I did hosed with a lot of enemies. Hardest part for me is still swapping and firing off ults before they can get Colin Robinson'd.

Diona is great because I can hit her Q then E and swap to someone with some confidence they will get a heal tick before getting clobbered. Even went on to beat 12-3 with the same team a bit later. I'd heard after you beat 11, 12 was easy, but I found 12 to be quite a nut punch. It took a while before Mona's dodge with the "please hit me before I can swap" hop at the end didn't get Ganyu killed. However I didn't complain about her dodge the couple times she was able to tunnel away when giant robots were 100% about to exterminate someone.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Diona is awesome. I’m using Zhong now but she’s on my B team and she’s really great.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Diona owns, C6 diona owns C6'er

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
she really really really needs to be in the shop in april

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Is there a better version of this interactive map https://genshin-impact-map.appsample.com/#/ out there? Nothing wrong with this one but I’ve had it bookmarked for ages so just wondering if there’s something better.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is there a better version of this interactive map https://genshin-impact-map.appsample.com/#/ out there? Nothing wrong with this one but I’ve had it bookmarked for ages so just wondering if there’s something better.

That one is nice for the descriptions of the geoculi and finding them specifically. I actually use https://webstatic.mihoyo.com/app/ys...3.00&zoom=-1.00 even though it's in chinese. It's very smooth and has literally everything. Every chest, fish, monster, etc. You really only need to be able to look at the icon of what you want.

edit: just noticed the chinese one has a literal gif of where to find the anemoculi/geoculi when you click on it. So yeah, that one is the best and official mihoyo. Not sure why there isn't an english one

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 14, 2021

DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy
Diona is my first c6, so I feel almost obligated to take her with me

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Boris Galerkin posted:

There's a legit one by mihoyo, not sure if it's any better though.

https://webstatic.mihoyo.com/app/ys-map-cn/index.html#/map/2?shown_types=89&center=2.00,-475.00&zoom=-2.00

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

DeusExMchna posted:

Diona is my first c6, so I feel almost obligated to take her with me

Benny is my first c6, so I feel obligated to look at the gd red ! on his portrait every time I open up my character screen.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Araganzar posted:

Benny is my first c6, so I feel obligated to look at the gd red ! on his portrait every time I open up my character screen.

Everyone says to not level him to C6, but I don't know if that Red ! will allow my OCD to avoid it.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Araganzar posted:

christ what a nightmare

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Everyone says to not level him to C6, but I don't know if that Red ! will allow my OCD to avoid it.

No one says this. It’s the chest respawns of constellation advice. Press button!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
New datamining on 1.5 beta builds suggest Baizhu may not be coming in 1.5. Instead it looks like it might be some kind of physical-oriented cryo claymore character named Eula and a 4* pyro catalyst named Feihan. People were speculating Baizhu before but I guess that was premature.... we'll see later though.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

kater posted:

No one says this. It’s the chest respawns of constellation advice. Press button!

I thought it made his Q overwrite all dmg as pyro damage, and thus was only good for Niche builds

kater
Nov 16, 2010

That was just a rumor started by a dude checking the bank chest every day.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I thought it made his Q overwrite all dmg as pyro damage, and thus was only good for Niche builds
The niche builds are the ones hurt by this (Keqing, Chongyun, and physical builds). Others either dont care or benefit. My Bennett is still C5 so I havent done it yet.

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

No Wave posted:

The niche builds are the ones hurt by this (Keqing, Chongyun, and physical builds). Others either dont care or benefit. My Bennett is still C5 so I havent done it yet.

I dunno if I'd call physical niche. Xiangling/razor + kaeya + lisa (+ your c6 bennett) are probably the cheapest f2p team to build. Then again, if you have a c6 bennett maybe you don't need to worry about f2p/thriftiness

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If you've rolled seven bennetts and are using pikeling, yes, dont C6 him.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

No Wave posted:

physical-oriented cryo claymore character named Eula

Finally a use for Snow-Tombed Starsilver

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

5* end user license agreement

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

dogsicle posted:

5* end user license agreement
Datamining the Eula does sound like a prank.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Don't C6 Bennet unless you really don't like good team comps

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Don't C6 Bennet unless you really don't like good team comps
There isn't a single meta team comp that suffers from C6 Bennett.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i didn't earnestly expect Baizhu, but i do hope 1.5 drops that Qiqi banner/quest dungeon so we can roast her in a survey

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Keqing, Chongyun, and Razor aren't niche builds. They're characters. I don't consider myself running a "niche" build if I want to play Razor.

C6 gives carries like Diluc, Klee, Wu Tao +15% pyro, so maybe 7% extra damage. And it allows some cool truly niche builds like pyro Keqing. This is nice for sure, and the point can be made that Bennet is not a required character for these team comps even thought he's pretty much the anchor for a lot of them.

A lot of the number differences in spreadsheets tend to wash out in actual play, especially if you are as far from the Theoretically Optimized Genshin Player as I am. So the stuff about it "ruining" builds should be taken with a grain of salt.

However, whether or not the benefit outweighs the lack of flexibility remains controversial, and it's a disservice to people who will be making a decision they can't take back to suggest otherwise.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

using Bennett with Razor definitely seems off to me, he's already building for SC so including a hydro or cryo healer is much more natural. when he runs with Chong it seems more often to set up melt bursts rather than Chong being the carry who needs his cryo hits, but C6 does ruin the opposite of this where Bennett/XL carries use Chong's field for getting melts off. i don't even use Bennett that much anymore, and certainly not in teams that would really have C6 issues, but am definitely in the camp waiting for some sort of constellation toggle just to be safe.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I use Bennet all the time because his burst Increases peoples damage too.

But I got lucky and snagged his C1 though so my case isn't universal. Be nice if you could toggle constellations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

He does the same thing at C0. At talent level 10 C0 it increases by ~100% of his base atk, at C1 talent level 10 it increases by ~120%.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

dogsicle posted:

using Bennett with Razor definitely seems off to me, he's already building for SC so including a hydro or cryo healer is much more natural. when he runs with Chong it seems more often to set up melt bursts rather than Chong being the carry who needs his cryo hits, but C6 does ruin the opposite of this where Bennett/XL carries use Chong's field for getting melts off. i don't even use Bennett that much anymore, and certainly not in teams that would really have C6 issues, but am definitely in the camp waiting for some sort of constellation toggle just to be safe.

Yeah, Razor's not particularly mobile or so Overload doesn't do much for him, even aside from the fact that he's built around superconduct. Diona's a much better support for him than Bennet.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
The only reason to not run Bennet with Razor is because Benny probably synergizes with the other abyss team more.

Yeah, Diona and Qiqi work really well with Razor, but it's Bennet.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Benny is so universally useful, and I'd assume will continue being that way unless they release TurboBennet in the future, that I'd have a hard time hitting the C6 button even if most of the time it'd be ok with current comps.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Waver in FGO is still used since the game launched and that game's almost 7 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Ironically, C6 Bennett is in some sense beneficial to Keqing. It lets you run her as a Pyro DPS!