Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Reheating day-old coffee in the microwave. :mrwhite:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I make cold brew and heat it in the microwave

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Played about an hour of Prey and the reveal was pretty good, though I'm a bit skeptical about all this crafting malarkey I see.

Have a blessed Sunday, Goons.

The crafting system doesn't have any looter-random attributes kind of poo poo to it. There are just like three basic materials, any matter can be reduced into cubes or spheres of metal/organic/weird. The only things they make are stuff you pick up, ammo, guns, jetpack. Depending on your playstyle you might only need to engage with it once or twice for the story. I did a lot of it for no reason, I was usually running a hefty surplus of everything I carried.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

it takes like five minutes to brew coffee at home. just make as much as you want to drink right now and then make more later. your quality of life will improve immensely if you stop drinking day old room temperature slime

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I recently learned that green tea isn’t supposed to be steeped in boiling water. The water should cool a minute or two. Probably why I never liked drinking it at home, usually came out bitter.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Microwaved coffee tastes like poo poo, my parents drink heated up coffee because they always make a lot and leave it so long it goes cold.
When I visit I always end up having some and it's the worst

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Much like video games I'll drink any coffee but I appreciate the good ones a lot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My wife has zero respect for coffee and storing it and then is always surprised when it turns bitter and is no longer good to drink.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Much like video games I'll drink any coffee but I appreciate the good ones a lot.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Weedle posted:

it takes like five minutes to brew coffee at home. just make as much as you want to drink right now and then make more later. your quality of life will improve immensely if you stop drinking day old room temperature slime

and get teased for putting on airs by only drinking hot beans?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lmao I just saw a MonHun Rise TV spot and all the gameplay footage was 15fps max.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

stev posted:

Lmao I just saw a MonHun Rise TV spot and all the gameplay footage was 15fps max.

Hi are you watching sky sports too?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The demo runs great idk

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Hi are you watching sky sports too?

Yeah it's poo poo

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

stev posted:

Yeah it's poo poo

The arsenal v Tottenham game? its pretty dire but its helping mothers day pass

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

the gently caress do you do to spaghetti that would ever make it crystalize

cheetah7071 posted:

Probably means that portions of the noodles had totally dried out between being leftovers and being micowaved

Yeah that. The noodles dry up and it gets this weird grit on the noodles, idk what it is but that's just what would happen to them, only way I can describe it is like seeing something crystallize.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
That’s one of the nice things about making homemade sauce with crushed tomatoes, they never really get super dry. Homemade tomato sauce owns in general, even a quick/lazy recipe takes about as much time as boiling water.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

The arsenal v Tottenham game? its pretty dire but its helping mothers day pass

I guess but I'd rather be watching Sopranos or something.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i made spaghetti all at once - tomato sauce, noodles, (previously browned) beef, etc - in an instant pot last week

came out better than I thought it would have any business doing. gonna try fettucine alfredo today

bonus points for only having one pot to clean lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i know i'm gonna complain about the density of it later but crosscode is so drat charming :allears:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah that. The noodles dry up and it gets this weird grit on the noodles, idk what it is but that's just what would happen to them, only way I can describe it is like seeing something crystallize.
That might actually be dissolved starch exiting the noodle and solidifying from the lack of water.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Ciaphas posted:

i know i'm gonna complain about the density of it later but crosscode is so drat charming :allears:

I just started it this weekend myself. Some of the art style of the reaction faces feel like bad web comic to me. That and the density of optional text the game throws at you. Very Quickly stopped opening the encyclopedia

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Khanstant posted:

How long does caffeine chill without microwaving? II usually make a bigger pot of coffee and drink it the next day too, just cold/room-temp. Seems like it still works, it just tastes uhh... flatter? older? i do know there is a limit on how long you can leave the coffee out before the taste becomes like sour in a different way that sucks.

Nothing you are likely to do to coffee will affect the caffeine. You'd have to actively try to get rid of it; leaving it out or nuking it in the microwave for a minute won't do.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Unreal_One posted:

Nothing you are likely to do to coffee will affect the caffeine. You'd have to actively try to get rid of it; leaving it out or nuking it in the microwave for a minute won't do.
Yup. Caffeine is chemically stable up to a temperature of about 235 degrees Celsius or 450 degrees Fahrenheit. No amount of boiling will ever get rid of it, so that's not something to worry about.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Unreal_One posted:

Reminded me of this video from NileRed where he tries to take the caffeine out of RedBull. It's quite involved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY8tz1paj6o

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, the sheer scale of the US is one of the more difficult things for people from my side of the pond to wrap their heads around. The sheer population density of Europe would be the most difficult thing to really conceptualize for you guys, I think. I can drive from one side of my entire country to the other in five hours if I really want to. An hour of driving feels like a much greater distance when there are at least four different million-plus inhabitant metropolises within that distance of my home town no matter in which direction you go. There are no places where there are just no people, so you plan your life around how many towns you have to pass through to get somewhere, not how many miles.

That's how some of America is in my experience. I drove up the east coast over the summer and New Jersey/ Connecticut are like that, extremely European, where every time I thought I was entering a woodsy or forest area there would end up just being houses and towns everywhere

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, from what I hear, the East Coast and states like California would be the most like the kind of place that I am used to.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The coast of California, maybe.

The interior desert is a sprawling wasteland best captured by the Fallout games, the Salton Sea and the Inland Empire are certainly wild

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, that's what I meant. I really wouldn't mind seeing some of your deserts in person sometime, I've always liked them aesthetically. Arizona has some really spectacular natural landscapes, the rock formations are just amazing.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

New RPG campaign map

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

New RPG campaign map

Forbidden West is gonna own.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Just played five more hours of Dark Souls 2 and am absolutely loving it. Got a +6 great club and am going ham on the pursuer who seems to be cropping up like Mr. X. :3:

Just made my way to the huntsmans copse and already beaten the guy with the scorpion going into his eye. I think called the lost sinner I cannot recall

This is some of the most fun gaming I have had lately. Doing a set souls day was a wicked idea! :)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:nice:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

New RPG campaign map

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeway_Warrior

I own this, its a legit cool CYOA book where you fight your way from Texas to California through a Mad Max hellscape

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
VG I am going to copy your idea and have a Sekiro day. I bounced off DS2 and 3 but Sekiro seems like it's going to be awesome, but I need to get in a mindset for it. My original playthrough of DS1 in 2014 took place in a weird limbo due to chronic bereavement and extended compassionate leave from work in the middle of winter and thematically it was just perfect, especially when I eventually beat it :hellyeah:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Convex posted:

VG I am going to copy your idea and have a Sekiro day. I bounced off DS2 and 3 but Sekiro seems like it's going to be awesome, but I need to get in a mindset for it. My original playthrough of DS1 in 2014 took place in a weird limbo due to chronic bereavement and extended compassionate leave from work in the middle of winter and thematically it was just perfect, especially when I eventually beat it :hellyeah:

Its definitely the hardest of the soulsbornes but the combat feels so extremely satisfying when it clicks.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Just played five more hours of Dark Souls 2 and am absolutely loving it. Got a +6 great club and am going ham on the pursuer who seems to be cropping up like Mr. X. :3:
Yeah, it's his thing. He's called the Pursuer for a reason. I'm glad you're having fun with the game.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

VideoGames posted:

Just made my way to the huntsmans copse and already beaten the guy with the scorpion going into his eye. I think called the lost sinner I cannot recall

This is some of the most fun gaming I have had lately. Doing a set souls day was a wicked idea! :)

It was a fun stream, even if I only caught the last half an hour or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, it's his thing. He's called the Pursuer for a reason. I'm glad you're having fun with the game.

I was always a bit disappointed he wasn't even more like Mr. X.

The idea of a boss that actively chases you through a level like an invader and you have to fight him if he catches you (until you manage to kill him) is extremely compelling.

Especially if there were ways you could give him the slip, places you could hide if you noticed he was nearby. That seems extremely dark souls.

DS2 seemed to have a lot of ideas that exceeded its grasp and got cut. They clearly wanted to do a lot more with the lighting and shadow system. Imagine if putting out the torches would make it so yo could hide in a corner while the Pursuer walked by! Some resident evil in your Souls.