Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Andrea 'as a mother' leadsom thinking that going full family values would make her prime minister and immediately eating poo poo and losing to Theresa may lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

indigi posted:

don’t appropriate “daddy”

i have a student whos real, parent given name is dadyy

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/seamus_malek/status/1371202848525025285?s=21

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

That time Ahmadenijad, et al pulled a post-Soviet shock therapy move. Privatized national industry and handed out worthless shares so oligarchs can consolidate power. (At least this was my thinking at the time. If anyone else has read on it more, I'd be happy to be corrected.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privatization_in_Iran#%22Justice_shares%22_plan
https://www.jstor.org/stable/43302954?seq=1
https://www.jstor.org/stable/24241297?seq=1

He really was/is Iran's George W Bush in a lot of ways.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

cowards flee from accelerationism

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

the sex ghost posted:

Andrea 'as a mother' leadsom thinking that going full family values would make her prime minister and immediately eating poo poo and losing to Theresa may lmao

That's not what happened

What happened was that she did surprisingly well in the first round and was going to go head to head against May in a vote to the membership. Since the membership of the Tory party are diamond hard brexiteer psychos and probably would have voted Leadsom in on that basis a backroom deal was done to have Leadsom drop out so May got elected leader without the membership ever having a say, which is lol in and of itself

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

lodestar

everyone thinking the guy that wrote that article was Mike Pence, and then he revealed himself and it was some loser nobody had ever heard of

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Theresa May crying when she stepped down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UI9XcQ0jFc

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

god 2019 was set up to be such a funny year to be a Brit and yet that loving december

I guess 2020 brought to us what we deserved

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
my fav thing about brexit is british people moaning about how they'll hafta import terrible american food

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

tinstaach posted:

lodestar

everyone thinking the guy that wrote that article was Mike Pence, and then he revealed himself and it was some loser nobody had ever heard of

The best part is when he got hired at Google as a bribe bagman government relations director a bunch of people internally tried to get him fired for working on the DHS "throw kids in prison camps" policy. HR had to create a new policy making it a fireable offence to call out another employee by name on the internal meme website, and memory hole a bunch of memes about him.

Just one of history's all time high score losers.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

my fav thing about brexit is british people moaning about how they'll hafta import terrible american food

Leavers complaints about how there shouldn't be consequences for their actions is all that I need to sustain me now. Food, water and air have long since been supplanted. Every day I grow stronger than the one before.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

chlorinated chicken?

chlorinated chicken.

CHLORINATED CHICKEN!!

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8uJAaMKyfI

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

they should import mexican food instead. i think they might enjoy it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Spergin Morlock posted:

i don't know, cumin is a bit spicy.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Rest in Peace, Harold.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Scaramucci

Crayfish
May 7, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't know, cumin is a bit spicy.

British people love spicy curry though

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
the uk WILL embrace chlorinated chicken.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
eat the trash and like it, you're the 51st state now. enjoy your new private health insurance!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

When the constitution we wrote for Iraq included universal health care

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

tbf one of the best bits of the EU is food quality standards

like we can leave eggs out of the fridge and still eat 'em raw without fear

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Spergin Morlock posted:

this reminded me of that episode of top gear where they said a bunch of racist poo poo about mexico and that piece of poo poo jeremy clarkson said mexican food looked like refried sick. all the racism aside, the gall needed for a british person to call other cuisine bad is astounding

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
brexit toblerone

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

brexit toblerone

is this where they left massive gaps between the "teeth" of the chocolate, in one of the least subtle attempts at "shrinkflation" in history?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Heavy_D posted:

is this where they left massive gaps between the "teeth" of the chocolate, in one of the least subtle attempts at "shrinkflation" in history?

yep, and we found it was the perfect gap for DVD / BluRay cases lmao

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

tw/sexual assaulter: emmett rensin

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

wait what? I don't remember him and all the googles of his name are pearl clutching about him saying donald trump sucks and deserves riots in 2016

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

he dropped off the face of the earth when me too kicked off — deleted his twitter, 0 articles published since early 2017

at the time there were people on twitter who knew him who were shocked to learn he was apparently a rapist, but i don’t think anything was written up about it. not sure what exactly happened to him but he has disappeared since then

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

I was on vacation for the entirety of his tenure. I think John McCain's obamacare vote happened around the same time.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/reidepstein/status/1170055017430245377

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

confirmed member of the pedophile cabal

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

are he and rosario dawson still pretending to be together?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/597730858808782848

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

drat, rowling chaos dunked on warren there. What'd warren do to provoke that, support the rights of tansgender people?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Vim Fuego posted:

drat, rowling chaos dunked on warren there. What'd warren do to provoke that, support the rights of tansgender people?

Rowling is anti-transgender, pro blackandtansgender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

As someone who had trouble watching them the first time I can't imagine why anyone would do it a second time.

Even if you just like banal non-serialized modern Star Trek and for some reason TNG just isn't available, it's such a weird thing to mention to another person, much less a reporter. It's also one of those things where it's completely unappealing to most people and the people you'd presumably think should be impressed by it (Star Trek fans? I guess?) would absolutely not be. Like who is the intended audience here if not Kate Mulgrew and Robert Picardo and maybe Jeri Ryan?