Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

pentyne posted:

This is more of the thing where the chance of it being false is statistically 1/10000 or so. Sure it's a non zero number, but screaming "WHAT ABOUT FAKE RAPE CLAIMS" whenever the subject comes up is very much a MRA thing to cloud the issue rather then re-litigate the satanic panic.

That’s just availability bias at play, and there’s not necessarily any ideology behind it. Most rape claims are either kind of ignored or litigated locally. The ones that make the news in a big way are the fake ones, so they’re the only ones that a lot of people see, which create an illusion that they’re more common than they actually are. This isn’t to discount agenda-driven denial, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

False Rape is a kind of big deal with black people as it was a lot more prevalent as either an excuse to lynch them or white women excusing having hooked up with black men when caught. Also why I mentioned earlier that black people get way more defensive of a Kobe or whoever that get accused.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Between Emmett Till, the Scottsboro Boys, and "Where the White Women At?", there's plenty of history on the forefronts of peoples' minds when it comes to the interrelationship between sex crimes and racism.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Darko posted:

False Rape is a kind of big deal with black people as it was a lot more prevalent as either an excuse to lynch them or white women excusing having hooked up with black men when caught. Also why I mentioned earlier that black people get way more defensive of a Kobe or whoever that get accused.

ugh don't try to conflate all black people as supporting that poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Series finale of Allen v Farrow is already such a tough watch, even compared to the rest

Half done, and 90% of that half is just famous person after famous person working with or praising or standing by Allen well after everything/during these last 21 years

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Chris James 2 posted:

Series finale of Allen v Farrow is already such a tough watch, even compared to the rest

Half done, and 90% of that half is just famous person after famous person working with or praising or standing by Allen well after everything/during these last 21 years
Of note so far:

* Despite Woody's claims that Dylan made up the part about watching the electric train circle the attic in 2014, there's voluminous documentation of her mentioning it in 1992-1993.
* In spite of the claims from Team Woody since reviews of the series dropped that the only train set that could have been in the house was a ride-on train, the CT police diagram of the house from the criminal investigation includes a toy train track going around part of the attic.
* Frank Maco, in his conversation with Dylan, unsurprisingly comes off as incredibly warm and someone who only had her best interests at heart.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
The whole argument from Allen people about "there was no toy train!/it was a different kind of toy train!" is so insane. Like, they think that suddenly means it's impossible for him to have sexually assaulted a child or something.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Almost Blue posted:

The whole argument from Allen people about "there was no toy train!/it was a different kind of toy train!" is so insane. Like, they think that suddenly means it's impossible for him to have sexually assaulted a child or something.

"There's a factual error in someone's recollection of horrific abuse they suffered as a child, therefore it didn't happen."

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

"There's a factual error in someone's recollection of horrific abuse they suffered as a child, therefore it didn't happen."

"Defense rests your honor"

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
"I'm not wearing a tie at all."

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Did they ever interview Moses or go into his allegations of abuse from Mia?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shageletic posted:

Did they ever interview Moses or go into his allegations of abuse from Mia?

He refused to be interviewed for the show, but the finale briefly went into his and Soon-Yi's allegations against Mia and also noted that the rest of Mia's kids have been consistent with "that never happened" and implication is Woody came up with it to try to take the heat off him for what actually did happen with Dylan. Also Moses definitely lied when he said he was with Dylan the whole time and Woody could have never been able to do that to her that day, in addition to lying about the trains never being mentioned in testimony

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Shageletic posted:

ugh don't try to conflate all black people as supporting that poo poo

Didn't say it was all, but its high and for the reasons of black men being railroaded by that far too much, even in relatively recent times due to racism.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Almost Blue posted:

One of the defenses of Jackson after Leaving Neverland aired was one of the assaults couldn't have happened when/as the victim described since the train and station hadn't been built on the ranch yet (the assault occurred on the upper story of the train station). As if that means everything else didn't happen.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Imagine explaining predator to someone in the weeks that it came out

“Well arnie and his buds are shooting up soldiers in the jungle (very oiled up all of them by the way,flexing their big muscles for each other) and then this invisible alien with a vagina for a face and dreadlocks loving kills everyone before arnie beats it and it commits nuclear suicide”.

“Did the projectionist get the movies mixed up? Were you high?”.

Yeah, it rules. You're watching a pretty standard Arnold action in the jungle movie, then a crazy alien movie suddenly busts in almost out of nowhere and starts loving everything up. At least there were hints it was coming though. It's even crazier in something like From Dusk till Dawn, where you're watching a weird movie about two criminal brothers kidnapping a family trying to escape across the border, then out of loving nowhere there's vampires everywhere. I know they were in the trailers, but I got to surprise one person with that back in the day, who hadn't heard of the movie at all, hadn't seen any trailers for it, so I showed her the movie on VHS. When the turn comes and people in the bar go all vampire crazy, she yells out, "What the gently caress is this movie?!" It was amazing.

I wish there were more movies that could pull that off, but you've gotta sell your movie somehow.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Mar 16, 2021

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I mean, Sunshine started out as an intelligent and tense space movie a la 2001 only to turn into a loving slasher movie in the third act.

I'm still pissed over it.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, it rules. You're watching a pretty standard Arnold action in the jungle movie, then a crazy alien movie suddenly busts in almost out of nowhere and starts loving everything up. At least there were hints it was coming though. It's even crazier in something like From Dusk till Dawn, where you're watching a weird movie about two criminal brothers kidnapping a family trying to escape across the border, then out of loving nowhere there's vampires everywhere. I know they were in the trailers, but I got to surprise one person with that back in the day, who hadn't heard of the movie at all, hadn't seen any trailers for it, so I showed her the movie on VHS. When the turn comes and people in the bar go all vampire crazy, she yells out, "What the gently caress is this movie?!" It was amazing.

I wish there were more movies that could pull that off, but you've gotta sell your movie somehow.

Ha ha. I did this one on my wife when we first started dating. She wasn’t overly familiar with Tarantino’s past works. For my money it’s his best film, and George Clooneys.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

That movie was written & produced entirely in order to allow quentin to suck on salma hayeks toes

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Carthag Tuek posted:

That movie was written & produced entirely in order to allow quentin to suck on salma hayeks toes

We all have goals.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Carthag Tuek posted:

Plutarch posted:

And Alexander wept for he had no more worlds to conquer

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah i’m trying to think of a movie that changes style halfway through and i’m coming up blank,maybe the matrix for people who went in blind?

Crank?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah i’m trying to think of a movie that changes style halfway through and i’m coming up blank,maybe the matrix for people who went in blind?

Crank?

Adaptation.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Crank?

One Cut of the Dead

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

I've heard people describe Jurassic Park as changing into a slasher flick for the last third of its runtime, but I think - correct me if I'm wrong - that we're talking about the plot of the movie veering off the rails into something new entirely, not just an abrupt change in the framing of the existing story, right?

edit: wow this is REALLY off-topic, sorry.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
It was me who started the off topic-ness i’ll leave it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://consequenceofsound.net/2021...oKjsn4alVT6l2M8

Hoo boy

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Well that's one of the least surprising things I've read lately.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

On the one hand, I don't really care, on the other hand, she's getting thrown under the bus for defending Piers Morgan so I really hope she loses her job over it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Remember that time she made her PA go into a burning bldg to get some paintings

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Skwirl posted:

On the one hand, I don't really care, on the other hand, she's getting thrown under the bus for defending Piers Morgan so I really hope she loses her job over it.

I'd have not bothered if it weren't for the blatant homphobia. I hope Sara feels comfortable talking about it.

Obviously the racism isn't great either, I'm just less surprised by it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'd have not bothered if it weren't for the blatant homphobia. I hope Sara feels comfortable talking about it.

Obviously the racism isn't great either, I'm just less surprised by it

"I don't care" was probably the wrong thing, it's just such an unsurprising thing I can't bring myself to get worked up about it.

Honestly surprised no one's ever leaked a tape of her saying the N word.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

She's one of the most evil women in music and tv in general. She trots out Ozzy's corpse year after year to go on huge loving tours and the man can barely move. Makes him put out one bland album after another that serve no purpose. He's 72 years old and led an insane life.

On top of that she has a history of loving over tons of bands - esp during Ozzfest.

I hope she just fades out cause while she is loaded and rich forever - she craves the spotlight.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Skwirl posted:

"I don't care" was probably the wrong thing, it's just such an unsurprising thing I can't bring myself to get worked up about it.

Honestly surprised no one's ever leaked a tape of her saying the N word.

I feel like it's only because nobody recorded it

Vintersorg posted:

She's one of the most evil women in music and tv in general. She trots out Ozzy's corpse year after year to go on huge loving tours and the man can barely move. Makes him put out one bland album after another that serve no purpose. He's 72 years old and led an insane life.

On top of that she has a history of loving over tons of bands - esp during Ozzfest.

I hope she just fades out cause while she is loaded and rich forever - she craves the spotlight.

She's also hosed over a lot of supporting band members that worked for Ozzy

Story goes that Jake Lee, who replaced Randy Rhoads, asked for back royalties from his first record with Ozzy.

Her response was to re-record his parts with a session guy, and re-release the album so she didn't have to cut a check

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 17, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

I saw Ozzfest with a Bruce Dickinson led Iron Maiden going on right before Ozzie led Sabbath and Maiden had a pretty bad speaker malfunction in the middle of their set, it was very quickly fixed and didn't really detract from their set, but still...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Skwirl posted:

I saw Ozzfest with a Bruce Dickinson led Iron Maiden going on right before Ozzie led Sabbath and Maiden had a pretty bad speaker malfunction in the middle of their set, it was very quickly fixed and didn't really detract from their set, but still...

Was in 2005?
http://www.mtv.com/news/1508028/iron-maiden-pelted-with-eggs-at-final-ozzfest-performance/
https://www.metalsucks.net/2010/07/29/the-ozzymaiden-feud-heats-up-again/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqbfTgFzUf8

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Was this the show where she went out of her way to sabotage their set and the cops had to be called because Dickinson fought back?

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Ah gently caress https://sharedhallucination.blogspot.com/2021/03/777-truth-will-out.html

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Shageletic posted:

Remember that time she made her PA go into a burning bldg to get some paintings

After ripping an oxygen mask of their face and saying her dog deserved it more.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I feel like it's only because nobody recorded it

She's also hosed over a lot of supporting band members that worked for Ozzy

Story goes that Jake Lee, who replaced Randy Rhoads, asked for back royalties from his first record with Ozzy.

Her response was to re-record his parts with a session guy, and re-release the album so she didn't have to cut a check

She hosed over Bob Daisley(original bassist and chief songwriter for Ozzy’s band in the Rhoads era)even worse.

https://bobdaisley.com/interview/website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It was probably 2005, no eggs and no cops that I remember. Whichever show was closest to Seattle.

It could be she did it in Seattle and did it again at another show and that's when Dickinson went ballistic and cops were needed. Ozzie's voice broke during one of his high parts and he threw the microphone down in disgust and walked off but was coaxed back on stage by someone less than a minute later. Iommi was on guitar and he could still loving play.