Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/ssumingfrog/status/1370467764348018689?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

loquacius posted:

The funniest ending to the Cuomo saga would be if he got so mad at the Dem establishment for not having his back that he just pardoned Trump himself lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

drat, unions became conservative in the decades after the communists were purged from them? Crazy dude.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

I would love to know where the hell this person was coming from when they formulated this thought, lmao

the union opposers are usually mad because they can't cut sweetheart personal deals with management

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think putting a child right next to a presumably naked Joe Biden while talking about consent is the kind of sick own this person thinks it is

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

remember when the president with a day one mandate took fifty days to give a select group of people a means tested stimulus check?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

when you definitely understand the forces at play in the 1970s

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Listen here jack, if we want to win the workers that joined DRUM back in the 60s, we've got to outlaw abortion.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/RepJayapal/status/1371265171952439303?s=19

Tweet!

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
it's just that typical lib kneejerk reaction of, listen we're in charge and we have to stay in charge so everyone else is just going to have to hunker down for another 30 years while we get our poo poo worked out.

in reality what's going to happen is either things are gonna get so bad the non-voters will finally get involved or corporate oligarchism will be able to subsume the public sector to the extent that democracy is effectively snuffed out in favor of neo-feudalism

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Stringent posted:

it's just that typical lib kneejerk reaction of, listen we're in charge and we have to stay in charge so everyone else is just going to have to hunker down for another 30 years while we get our poo poo worked out.

in reality what's going to happen is either things are gonna get so bad the non-voters will finally get involved or corporate oligarchism will be able to subsume the public sector to the extent that democracy is effectively snuffed out in favor of neo-feudalism

I have some bad news for you w/r/t democracy

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Imagine voting for Pelosi in the 90s b/c of single payer and only having to wait 60 years (fingers crossed!!) for healthcare

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Excelzior posted:

I have some bad news for you w/r/t democracy

yeah, that's what my money's on too

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

3 emoji's or less?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
just tell me how many tweets I need to do to get my basic human rights

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

THS posted:

this forum and basically everyone here went real hard in for sanders and it's only now getting to enough emotional distance that i think we can really come to terms with how crushing it was to go from nevada and to now

it's become clear to me, both by the way bernie played things out amicably with the other dems during the primary and his actions afterward, that bernie wouldn't have been the class struggle oriented social democrat we used to think he was, back before super tuesday.

i think his presidency would've ended up pretty disappointing to his leftist supporters had he been able to win

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

She's the loving chair of the progressive caucus. Why she is asking this question instead of actually doing something? Lmfao

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

AnimeIsTrash posted:

She's the loving chair of the progressive caucus. Why she is asking this question instead of actually doing something? Lmfao

squad of hillarys

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

ill get to it in 30 years

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Mirthless posted:

I would love to know where the hell this person was coming from when they formulated this thought, lmao

Brunch

They were coming back from brunch

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
pelosi literally got her start pushing for single payer, they've had their 30 years and then some. anyone telling you they need another 30 is either gaslighting or really stupid.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

a Loving Dog posted:

remember when Warren freaks’ response to being told it was statistically impossible for her to win was to screech “SHE CAN WIN IF YOU VOTE FOR HER” at everyone

it ruled. especially because the warren fans identify strongly with being wonky, intelligent political understanders and explainers. warren was really good at making it her marketing brand, but that's all it was: pure aesthetic. warren supporters would say, for example, that warren unlike bernie had a plan for the wealth tax whereas bernie was just a shouty man. the truth is both bernie and warren hired this economist gabriel zuccman to design them wealth plans, and bernie's was more progressive by design. this is how virtually all policy gets made: the politician has staffers and academics and thinktank people draw up proposals. warren stans were like convinced that warren is uniquely capable of doing this, or that she herself was writing her policy proposals, etc. warren supporters are dumb as poo poo

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

spacemang_spliff posted:

Let's talk about the positive things that the democrat party does.

I'll start: They are very good at being controlled opposition.

Since this thread is about posting good things, it should be assumed that anything posted in this thread is mean to be good actually and if someone appears mad they are actually just being ironic.

they run a really good patronage network that takes prep school dipshits from college internships to D.C. sinecures in only an election cycle or two.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

Imagine voting for Pelosi in the 90s b/c of single payer and only having to wait 60 years (fingers crossed!!) for healthcare

:gizz:

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

spacemang_spliff posted:

Let's talk about the positive things that the democrat party does.

I'll start: They are very good at being controlled opposition.

Since this thread is about posting good things, it should be assumed that anything posted in this thread is mean to be good actually and if someone appears mad they are actually just being ironic.

They have a 2590785-point plan to propose a roadmap to a legislative action plan which would gradually roll out affordable access to not having to deliberately avoid medical treatment for heatstroke in Minnesota in April

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mirthless posted:

the union opposers are usually mad because they can't cut sweetheart personal deals with management

its an aimee terese alt

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Finicums Wake posted:

it ruled. especially because the warren fans identify strongly with being wonky, intelligent political understanders and explainers. warren was really good at making it her marketing brand, but that's all it was: pure aesthetic. warren supporters would say, for example, that warren unlike bernie had a plan for the wealth tax whereas bernie was just a shouty man. the truth is both bernie and warren hired this economist gabriel zuccman to design them wealth plans, and bernie's was more progressive by design. this is how virtually all policy gets made: the politician has staffers and academics and thinktank people draw up proposals. warren stans were like convinced that warren is uniquely capable of doing this, or that she herself was writing her policy proposals, etc. warren supporters are dumb as poo poo

It's pretty fun. Over the primaries a few of my friends were of the type who thought Warren and Bernie were exactly the same, except Liz had plans. And now anytime I bring up some of her awful record or policies they're always shocked to learn about them.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

silicone thrills posted:

I think Bernie lost 2020 in WA state mostly because a bunch of well meaning poo poo libs like friends of mine said "well I really like Bernies policies and politics but I want a woman to win so I voted for Warren"

yes, this was nearly everyone I went to college with and lots of people working at the library. she had the credentials!

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

MysteriousStranger posted:

they are more left than x or boomers on both economics and social issues. We are still generations out from their being a solid left on both social and economical voting block to change things.

my point is that the poster i quoted seemed to think that gen z is fundamentally different in perspective from millennials in that millennials are anticapitalist and leftist and gen z isn't, which is just a super broad generalization that is also incorrect.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
This get posted yet?
https://twitter.com/Zac_Petkanas/status/1371092466485637120

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
thanks! i hate it!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Mirthless posted:

people were nervous about attending primaries and many states had no mail-in infrastructure so it was always gonna come down to whoever had the most money

its worth remembering that bernie had the most money by far while up until south carolina biden was panhandling for donations which he almost immediately ended up blowing on jenis ice cream parties for the staff

any analysis of what bernie could have done better is missing the more substantial revelation that over the course of three days biden went from a joke candidate no one was taking seriously to an unstoppable dynamo about which any negative comments were tantamount to trump loving

despite primaries now effectively being a neverending process starting a year in advance this was possibly the least democratic primary of my lifetime if not in this countrys entire history if thats not enough to turn you off of electoralism exactly what would it take

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1371210642695327755?s=19

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Some Guy TT posted:

any analysis of what bernie could have done better is missing the more substantial revelation that over the course of three days biden went from a joke candidate no one was taking seriously to an unstoppable dynamo about which any negative comments were tantamount to trump loving

For real, he did almost no campaigning, especially compared to bernie. He was a joke in the debates. He had no outreach and in fact openly taunted his potential voting base. He had no flashy policies or bold proposals. His poll numbers were pathetic. Every drat thing we've been told is so important in electioneering didn't mean jack poo poo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Marx Headroom posted:

For real, he did almost no campaigning, especially compared to bernie. He was a joke in the debates. He had no outreach and in fact openly taunted his potential voting base. He had no flashy policies or bold proposals. His poll numbers were pathetic. Every drat thing we've been told is so important in electioneering didn't mean jack poo poo.

It rules that elections boil down to which media Corp holds the most sway at that moment.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

guidoanselmi posted:

The RNC is the party portraying itself as the party for the (culturally) dispossessed.

i think a lot of the current liberal discourse regarding mr potato head dr seuss et al is going to backfire horribly not because anyone actually cares about these issues but because the entire premise behind them is that liberals are picking fights over dumb bullshit instead of things people actually care about and liberals going all out to mock and belittle anyone for discussing it plays right into that narrative at this point ive heard more about these issues from liberals than i ever did from right wingers

theyve even got a new one with this new tucker carlson thing about women in the military but theyve been so deliberately vague about what he actually said that i finally looked it up and went wait wtf maternity flight suits

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I mean trump won in a different but similar media upset.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Some Guy TT posted:

i think a lot of the current liberal discourse regarding mr potato head dr seuss et al is going to backfire horribly not because anyone actually cares about these issues but because the entire premise behind them is that liberals are picking fights over dumb bullshit instead of things people actually care about and liberals going all out to mock and belittle anyone for discussing it plays right into that narrative at this point ive heard more about these issues from liberals than i ever did from right wingers

theyve even got a new one with this new tucker carlson thing about women in the military but theyve been so deliberately vague about what he actually said that i finally looked it up and went wait wtf maternity flight suits

Lol are you blaming everyone else for fox's daily coverage of dr suess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Wrong thread

Mayor Dave has issued a correction as of 04:45 on Mar 15, 2021