Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Rick posted:

I spent five minutes trying to figure out why your roster hasn't won a game yet and the ultimate determination was "incredibly bad luck."

Lol thank you for the vindication. I’m still having fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
ah drat I set my whole roster a week in advance but somehow missed today's game doh

edit: must have forgot to click Save Lineup - its confusing cause the Yahoo one autosaves

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 14, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Red Rox posted:

ah drat I set my whole roster a week in advance but somehow missed today's game doh

edit: must have forgot to click Save Lineup - its confusing cause the Yahoo one autosaves

I fixed it although I don't know if it matters doing it this late, sorry just saw this now.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Rick posted:

I fixed it although I don't know if it matters doing it this late, sorry just saw this now.

Thanks man, yeah it helped a little. I was feeling smug for being so well prepared and then wondered why my coach rating was 77% haha.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I may come to regret giving up on JJJ but I thought he'd be back a lot sooner. I would be surprised if he was back before April, and I'm sure they're going to take it really slow easing him back into the rotation. DeAndre Hunter's injury isn't as bad and has a much better recovery outlook, plus he's apparently ahead of schedule on getting back on the floor.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

setting your lineups and realizing your team thats already had like 50 games missed in the past 2 weeks just had another top scorer sit out is depressing

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
my injured guys were just starting to make their way back so Embiid decided to balance the universe and hurt his leg

but i don't even care, i'm finally gonna crack .500

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If only I was missing my top scorer I'd be grateful.

I've made a lot of good bets on benc h players this season but Patty Mills is the biggest mistake anyone's made, he managed ~3 points tonight.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Oof I rode the Patty Mills roller coaster of hope a few times. He had some bonkers games early in the season.

I WILL win a game this year though, even if I have to beat Dejan to do it.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Here's a question, is the current playoff format final?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dutchy posted:

Here's a question, is the current playoff format final?

It's not, I just kind of set it without thinking much about it.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Rick posted:

It's not, I just kind of set it without thinking much about it.

Yeah, no worries. I'd like to formally submit to the commissioner's office cutting the playoff teams to 4 or 6

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Aw man Rick you don’t have to give me charity! Sucks you still had Beal on IR.

Dutchy posted:

Yeah, no worries. I'd like to formally submit to the commissioner's office cutting the playoff teams to 4 or 6

Yea you should be scared of my late season comeback. CJ is gonna smoke the Pels tomorrow, 40pts in 20 mins book it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I am fine with that, what do other people think? I will say if I drop it to 8 then there is no off week for the playoff teams.

The Maestro posted:

Aw man Rick you don’t have to give me charity! Sucks you still had Beal on IR.

Yea you should be scared of my late season comeback. CJ is gonna smoke the Pels tomorrow, 40pts in 20 mins book it.

It's Patty Mills still, lol, I didn't have time today to cut him before his game started so Beal is stuck on the IR.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Oh haha that’s awful. At least he had a decent game

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

The Maestro posted:

Your record is honestly kinda incredible. I felt bad when I lost a matchup by four but that's just like your life

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Dutchy posted:

Your record is honestly kinda incredible. I felt bad when I lost a matchup by four but that's just like your life

Lmfao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I have left around ~200 points on the bench so far this week but I am leading the league in scoring this week at the moment so I guess it doesn't matter.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Yesterday I saw the little thumbtack next to Harden’s name on Rick’s team, got curious, and figured out how to designate my keeper.

Later that day Curry breaks his coccyx. Coincidence? We’ll never know.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Thanks for sharing with us how to select our keeper.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Red Rox posted:

Thanks for sharing with us how to select our keeper.

Team > Settings > Keepers (on the menu at the left side of the page)

Super not obvious I clicked around for like 15 minutes trying to find it

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

But does having a keeper screw things up or does it mean the draft order is the same too? Would be weird if the person with the #1 pick last season kept that player and then got the #1 pick in the new draft.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Red Rox posted:

But does having a keeper screw things up or does it mean the draft order is the same too? Would be weird if the person with the #1 pick last season kept that player and then got the #1 pick in the new draft.

I think draft order is going to be based on record. Might be worth trading a keeper quality player for a pick.

If you don't set any keepers you get an extra pick at the end but that seems like bad compensation. Maybe in a league with a lot of keepers it would make sense to give one up.

EmotionlessThug posted:

Team > Settings > Keepers (on the menu at the left side of the page)

Super not obvious I clicked around for like 15 minutes trying to find it

Yeah sorry, I had to go to the FAQ to figure out how to do it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Maestro posted:

Yesterday I saw the little thumbtack next to Harden’s name on Rick’s team, got curious, and figured out how to designate my keeper.

Later that day Curry breaks his coccyx. Coincidence? We’ll never know.

Cursed Curry

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Are the Thugs gonna win it? I'm on the edge of my seat here!

Oh wait the SheLobs still have LeVine to play...

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Thrilled just to be at .500 after being without both AD and KD for this stretch. If I can scrape together enough points to stay in the mix until they get back on the court I can be the scrappy underdog nobody wants to face™

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Did Pop decide to sit out until LeBron is healthy again?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
If so, then I guess we’re lucky he was able to draft him in the first place or else he would have just dropped out.

This is my week, I can feel it. I’m going to get my first win. The only major earner on my team that won’t be sitting due to a trade is Oladipo and he doesn’t play b2bs anyways. Curry won’t be sitting either but that’s an inflamed tailbone for ya

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Rick posted:

I think he had to take some time away from the team due to health and safety protocols

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rick posted:

i am being a sore loser yes. that all star stretch was loving brutal for me and as soon as it looked better lebron and taters went down in a week i could have beaten the last undefeated guy. ill try to remember to check when i have a winnable game again but just playing all the best teams who I was previously toe to toe with just as my entire team implodes is uh, rough times

The Maestro posted:

If so, then I guess we’re lucky he was able to draft him in the first place or else he would have just dropped out.

This is my week, I can feel it. I’m going to get my first win. The only major earner on my team that won’t be sitting due to a trade is Oladipo and he doesn’t play b2bs anyways. Curry won’t be sitting either but that’s an inflamed tailbone for ya

hey man im really sorry for possibly slighting you in an alternate universe

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Mar 26, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I can understand that, I am playing the best team in Dejan's league at the moment and am actually nearly tied and have AD, Kawhi and am make the same Dragic mistake over there and would be winning if my fate was better.

It's a lot less fun when dealing with a lot of injuries.

I also really hate the all star format of this league.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Whoa injuries to your two best players? Rugged man, can't imagine

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if theres any way i can ever apologize enough for missing four days of fantasy and then answering a single question about it i hope to find it some day

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 26, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm sorry I was just concerned about you.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im good just less interested in everything as i become an old dumbass instead of a young one

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I was just trying to do some good ol fantasy poo poo talk. If there’s anybody who can relate to your situation look no further.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

poo poo 6 of my players are broken.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lol drat I've been trying to add Moses Brown for four days but I have been busy during work before his game started or the guy who I wanted to cut's game started already before I woke up and now I get outbid for him.

Also, I tried to add him in Dejan's league and Dejan thought of it first. Mosesssssssssssss

Rick fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Mar 28, 2021

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
So the playoff format's staying as-is (vs shrinking to six or eight)?

E: am I going soft or was that something that was tossed around as an idea? I skimmed lightly back through the last couple pages but couldn't find it.

also sorry re: Moses, Rick lol

fake edit F U Gary Trent for not going off against your former team and bailing me out :mad:

rivetz fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

You Tolkien About Practice??? You talkin bout winning?