Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I remember someone (I thought it was a goon) going on an unhinged rant because matchmaking put them against the same person 3 times in a row who proceeded to absolutely obliterate the posters entire team like it was nothing. I vaguely remember it ended with something like "They already proved they were better than me, why a third time???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Did they buff Kalista or something? I keep getting paired with Kalista's and I do not enjoy it.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

god loving drat it, I got Bee'Maw and now I have to main him for a while :(

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I just had such a dominating overwhelming win in wildrift despite losing 2 barons that I think I may have played bots.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Biplane posted:

god loving drat it, I got Bee'Maw and now I have to main him for a while :(

While I love Kog and this skin, it feels like they've relgated certain Champs to ironic/cutesy skin compatible and others are hands off. Like I would love a Child's Party Yone skin where he's a clown with animal balloons instead of swords, or Chef Boyar-Phelios where his guns shoot different kinds of pastas and meatball but it feels like crossing the threshold of goofiness for the Serious Business characters is a prospect from a bygone era.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I think they said after they made Pan-Theon and then no one bought it they don't want to cross those lines anymore.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Veev posted:

I think they said after they made Pan-Theon and then no one bought it they don't want to cross those lines anymore.

I feel like nobody bought it because he just wasn't popular.

Anyway the type of people to main edgelord and tryhard champs in terms of attitude, style, story etc. are extremely humorless turds so it doesn't surprise me that there is No Fun Allowed in League.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

People still use Blood Moon skins so clearly somethings broken in the skin buying public.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I did my part and used BBQ Party Leona, so I can complain about the lack of funny skinlines for serious champs.

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.

njsykora posted:

People still use Blood Moon skins so clearly somethings broken in the skin buying public.

It's not Kalista's fault she really doesn't have better skins, with the newest one being Marauder which is just prettier Blood Moon but without the cool mask.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I bought Pizza Delivery Sivir the instant it came out. Yet Blood Moon Sivir keeps coming up whenever Your Shop comes back like they haven’t gotten the hint.

I haven’t actually seen Bee’maw yet but it’d need to be something special to get me to use something that isn’t Pug’maw which I maintain should’ve been called Dog’maw.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Your Shop keeps giving me mediocre Lux and Ez skins like I don't already have more skins for them then I'm ever gonna need.

And the one time it gave me something I could actually use I got a skin shard for it like a day later.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Yeah, I keep getting meh skins for characters that I already have the objectively best skins for. Like, you cannot offer me a Tristana skin better than Dragon Trainer.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I guess the game thinks I don't play enough champions because it will give me skins for whatever I had played once or twice the week before.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
New player checking in

is there something about Yone that causes him to be the preferred champion of Smurfs in the blind pick games? lol

I will say that 90% of the time I've had a Yone in my game, he effortlessly carries the game for his team (whether it's us or the opponent). Sometimes both teams will have a Yone in which case the team that wins is the team that feeds less kills to the other team's Yone.

Like you hear about how Tryndamere is supposedly a favorite pick at low Elo's because my brethren don't know how to play around his ult, but I have played against a bunch of Tryndamere's and I find them nowhere near as obnoxious as Yone.

Is this just some weird small sample size artifact where I'm noticing a trend in what is essentially a RNG output? does anyone else have this experience?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Starsfan posted:

New player checking in

is there something about Yone that causes him to be the preferred champion of Smurfs in the blind pick games? lol

I will say that 90% of the time I've had a Yone in my game, he effortlessly carries the game for his team (whether it's us or the opponent). Sometimes both teams will have a Yone in which case the team that wins is the team that feeds less kills to the other team's Yone.

Like you hear about how Tryndamere is supposedly a favorite pick at low Elo's because my brethren don't know how to play around his ult, but I have played against a bunch of Tryndamere's and I find them nowhere near as obnoxious as Yone.

Is this just some weird small sample size artifact where I'm noticing a trend in what is essentially a RNG output? does anyone else have this experience?
speaking as a level 40 dogshit MMR jungle main who has no idea how to play this game, it's because he has a cool katana

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Stunt_enby posted:

speaking as a level 40 dogshit MMR jungle main who has no idea how to play this game, it's because he has a cool katana

Well it was the discussion of getting matched with the same smurf over and over again that got my attention, because I could swear I've played in games with the same Yone like a dozen times lol.. Or maybe Yone players to a man just have the same behavioral instincts where after penta killing your team single handily they do that fiddle emote in the middle of your base instead of ending the game because they want to show how little respect they have for their opposition.

It's very odd.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yone plays kinda similarly to Yasuo (since they're brothers) so a lot of Yone mains I assume are old Yasuo mains, and Yasuo mains are very common at low ELO. They tend to be very coin flippy where they'll go for super aggro plays early and if it works out they take over the game and if it doesn't they become glorified melee minions.

Also smart junglers will tend to camp the poo poo out of them because they also tend to be very ragey and camping the Yasuo/Yone until they ragequit is a time honoured strategy.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

njsykora posted:

I bought Pizza Delivery Sivir the instant it came out. Yet Blood Moon Sivir keeps coming up whenever Your Shop comes back like they haven’t gotten the hint.

I haven’t actually seen Bee’maw yet but it’d need to be something special to get me to use something that isn’t Pug’maw which I maintain should’ve been called Dog’maw.

Pizza Sivir is real, and good, and my girlfriend. But the absolutely wildest thing to ever happen to me, just happened. I rerolled three random skin shards, and got the newest Jhin one, Shan Hai scrolls Jhin. This must be what it feels like when they call you to tell you that you've won the lottery...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That's not PROJECT Jhin so not quite winning the lottery. Also Pizza Sivir is responsible for the greatest content in the history of League Of Legends.
https://twitter.com/sneaky/status/984161058775490560

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They put Leona into Wild Rift and you can unlock her for free with the current event but goddamit she still has high heels.

Whatever she's still my favorite champ.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

It's Space Channel 5 skins! Also they remembered Rumble exists except it's another space themed skin that isn't as cool as Super Galaxy Rumble.
https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/1371868867828490243

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Space Channel League is cool but it needs more jazz. :colbert:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

njsykora posted:

It's Space Channel 5 skins! Also they remembered Rumble exists except it's another space themed skin that isn't as cool as Super Galaxy Rumble.
https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/1371868867828490243

This is cool, they’re like PFunk skins

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Blitzcrank as a voltron piloted by 5 cats is something that I didn't know I needed but I did

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

That Lulu looks like the Wild Rift lulu

That skinline owns tho

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

They added in actual Disco Nunu, which is very funny.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Starsfan posted:

New player checking in

yone's main weakness is being owned into the ground early, which is easy to avoid if you are better than your opponents, and once he gets items he does insane damage and is extremely obnoxiously hard to actually kill. solid choice for 1v5 carries.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo3mjzk-wAk

This skin is good

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i love it when they take voices, and then add like reverb and stuff. very cool!

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
yes, the reverb is what we are talking about, not the fun cat dialogue, verv

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
he meant to post that in the shoegaze thread

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I am here to confirm that it is a perfect skin and skin set and haters must vacate

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
shiba-bot nasus is perfect

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Monicro posted:

I am here to confirm that it is a perfect skin and skin set and haters must vacate

yeah this feels like the first really cool set in forever

I played my first game of SR in months, maybe longer, the other day. Lillia jungle, it didnt actually go too badly even though I dont know poo poo about the jungle

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

kingcobweb posted:

he meant to post that in the shoegaze thread

lmao

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Lux seems kinda arbitrary but I'm of the opinion that they should stop making Lux skins because they already made the best possibly Lux skins so I'm probably not the person to ask.

Everybody else is cool and good though. Definitely gonna get Samira.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hellioning posted:

Lux seems kinda arbitrary but I'm of the opinion that they should stop making Lux skins because they already made the best possibly Lux skins so I'm probably not the person to ask.

Everybody else is cool and good though. Definitely gonna get Samira.

Almost every skin line release within the past year has had a pretty consistent pattern of them having one or two champs like Lux that are guaranteed to move a high volume of skins, and then a bunch of peripheral champions that have otherwise been neglected. It's a good way of doing things.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

someone who works on the skin team likes makin skins for lux, so she gets a lot of skins. there are a lot of conspiracies about skins being tied to champ win rates or play rates or whatever but its obviously nonsense if you pay any attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
in my opinion, it would be cool if they didn't keep devoting so many resources to LuxLikerDave's ideas and made more skins for champions who don't already have like a dozen.