Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Vorik posted:

Man, it seems like everyone forgot Diablo 4 existed as soon as D2R was announced. The r/Diablo subreddit turned into a D2R sub overnight lol. That's gotta be a little demoralizing to the D4 team.

I think the biggest thing with that is that no one has played D4, but many folks have played (and love) D2, and it's going to come out much sooner than D4. In addition, since Blizzard changes and iterates so much poo poo before and even after release, it's almost pointless to discuss D4 while D2 will remain a known quantity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

And nothing from d4 gameplay wise has looked interesting to me

mewse
May 2, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

When your entire angle is "Diablo 2 but somehow even less imaginative than the remaster" then that's not especially surprising.

Yeah I commented to my friend this morning that d4 seems to have the art direction nailed down and not much else, there isn't much to discuss

euphronius posted:

And nothing from d4 gameplay wise has looked interesting to me

:agreed:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Clearly they should go buckwild with D4 now that all the D2 fanatics are going to be appeased with D2R.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

Clearly they should go buckwild with D4 now that all the D2 fanatics are going to be appeased with D2R.

Unironically this.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Even remastered I'm not sure I'll buy d2R. Path of diablo is too good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

all the D2 fanatics are going to be appeased with D2R.

lol, this is not going to happen.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I sure love convoluted respec systems to appease people's brains who are stuck in 2000.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm still laughing about how hard those initial D4 presentations tried to make it clear that they were capitulating to the people who whined for years about D3's art style. All I've ever been able to say to those people is "Yeah D2 was grim, it was lit for poo poo and you had fifty pixels to work with."

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Orv posted:

I'm still laughing about how hard those initial D4 presentations tried to make it clear that they were capitulating to the people who whined for years about D3's art style.

yeah it owns :)

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Me, someone that's played a zillion hours of both games and am excited for the remaster: "But I like both Diablo II and III :smith:"

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Star Man posted:

Me, someone that's played a zillion hours of both games and am excited for the remaster: "But I like both Diablo II and III :smith:"

They're both good games and there's nothing wrong with liking both.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Hot take all games are good

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
Can you swap loadouts on followers also from the closet thing?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Dameius posted:

They're both good games and there's nothing wrong with liking both.

Nonsense. There is only scorn and irony.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The follower stuff is cool but I'm bummed there won't be any other season buffs. Seems like it would be pretty easy to redo one from a few seasons ago or something.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
season of rainbow goblins!!! do it you cowards, and spawn them in rifts and grifts too while you're at it

mirror123 posted:

Can you swap loadouts on followers also from the closet thing?

nope

Orv
May 4, 2011

Star Man posted:

That's fine! Diablo 2, even if I personally do not like it, is very clearly a good game. I just love how dumb nerds are sometimes.

E: And to be fair I too am a dumb rear end in a top hat.

Orv fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Mar 11, 2021

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Swilo posted:

season of rainbow goblins!!! do it you cowards, and spawn them in rifts and grifts too while you're at it

God I wish. I want those stupid wings. :cry:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Zenithe posted:

Homing pads and keybind shenanigans seems like it's free damage reduction apparently. GOD I hope they fix that.

I was playing around with that and I'm not sure just numlocking it on works. I assume macroing some other way might though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I just tried the channeling Mirror Image build on PTR and it's pretty ridiculous. Those lil wizzies shred through everything. Mirror Image! In a serious build! Please don't nerf this Blizz.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

iamsosmrt posted:

This follower upgrade is supposed to be a permanent change going forward right? Are any of these buffs significant beyond them being glorified stat sticks and affixes? Can they play any active role to help rift clears otherwise?

Flavor of time+conduit+nems will mean an extra 3-5 GRs worth of clears for solo. You get any good open map with a conduit and you're rolling. Festering/battlefields with mobs you can make progress on will mean an extra 1-3 free pylon elites and conduit to kill

I guess you can just dismiss your follower too if you save a pylon for the RG.

I'm still holding out hope blizzard makes another change for the seasonal theme. I think they snuck the 4th cube slot in late last time and maxroll crew had to rewrite all their guides

GTJustin fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 11, 2021

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Field Mousepad posted:

The follower stuff is cool but I'm bummed there won't be any other season buffs. Seems like it would be pretty easy to redo one from a few seasons ago or something.

Maybe they'll add something later in the season like they did for this season with the treasure goblins.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mayveena posted:

Maybe they'll add something later in the season like they did for this season with the treasure goblins.

They've done double Gobbos near the ends of the last few Seasons

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Season is over March 28, no announcement of new season date.

https://us.diablo3.com/en-us/blog/23548757/season-22-shades-of-the-nephalem-is-now-live-11-6-2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I gotta stop playing Mirror Image Firebird Wiz on PTR before I spoil myself on it for the main season. It's just too fun to watch those lil wizzies tear poo poo up.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I gotta stop playing Mirror Image Firebird Wiz on PTR before I spoil myself on it for the main season. It's just too fun to watch those lil wizzies tear poo poo up.

How's gearing up with Tal'? I might do Rend/WW and try Firebird on the side, if the PTR preview is correct.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Totally excited to try new firebird wiz- always liked the idea of a fire mage, but the firebird set always kinda underwhelmed me, I want to say they often devolved into archon builds, which I found super awkward/unfun to play.

I hope Season 23 has some bonus (if even just a reprise of an old one) that they just didn't announce since it didn't need testing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Boatswain posted:

How's gearing up with Tal'? I might do Rend/WW and try Firebird on the side, if the PTR preview is correct.

Tal’s is one of the easiest sets to gear with since you get the immediate DPS increase of meteors flying everywhere and the 6pc bonus is highly flexible with any skill multiplier.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Plus Tals is super fun to play

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Super stoked to goon up on switch in a few weeks.
SW-4984-2928-8765

I finally got to 70 on my necro and am gonna muck around with the season set before the season ends.

Question for next season - can someone give me a rundown of etiquette / how to for split bounties? Like what does that even mean. I didn't do much multiplayer back in the day and I don't want to disappoint anyone.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
In my experience, no one knows how to run splits on Switch. Best advice I can give you is to host the game yourself, because if the host disconnects, any act that hasn’t been turned in for completion gets reset.

The actual etiquette is for folks to go to different bounties and clear them solo. Usually people will pick an act, clear their bounties, and then start whatever act is left when they’re done. But the important thing is just to go to a bounty no one is doing.

On Switch I basically just make public bounty games and hope for the best. Sometimes people show up and clear solo. More often, people will just follow me around hoovering up loot as I clear.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The “etiquette” is when you farm all the bosses and curses while everyone does the boring missions

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Field Mousepad posted:

Plus Tals is super fun to play

I love that set so much.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Tal’s is one of the easiest sets to gear with since you get the immediate DPS increase of meteors flying everywhere and the 6pc bonus is highly flexible with any skill multiplier.

:cheers: Might have to do Wizard next season then, especially as the follower buffs makes farming more bearable.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Season 23 begins April 2nd.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Blech, the day after Outriders comes out.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Mayveena posted:

Season 23 begins April 2nd.

I still don't like the looks of the Rathma set. :geno:

But this might make wizard interesting. It's been so bad compared to the rest for a long, long time.

blizz posted:

Teleport - Adjusted Wizard's Teleport animation speed.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Well so much for season of the wizard. They gutted firebird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Shame.

Also bummer there's no extra seasonal modifiers/themes.