Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

pigz posted:

D&D as a forum was never meant to be a place where you get to mindlessly scream and complain about things you don't like, and get pissy when people who know more than you explain to you that the solutions aren't as simple or easy as you think. When someone asks "why hasn't Biden closed the concentration camps yet", and another poster explains at length why doing so is complicated, and the response is "haha lol look at the concentration camp apologist"... that's not "disagreement", it's just high school level idiocy. And banning those users from the forum would not take away from it one it — in fact, it would improve the space considerably.

Calmhitler.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

hah you dumb leftists think posting is praxis that will bring about the glorious communist revolution

but also

my junior high debate team cosplay is incredibly insightful and cannot be mocked

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

pigz posted:

D&D as a forum was never meant to be a place where you get to mindlessly scream and complain about things you don't like, and get pissy when people who know more than you explain to you that the solutions aren't as simple or easy as you think. When someone asks "why hasn't Biden closed the concentration camps yet", and another poster explains at length why doing so is complicated, and the response is "haha lol look at the concentration camp apologist"... that's not "disagreement", it's just high school level idiocy. And banning those users from the forum would not take away from it one it — in fact, it would improve the space considerably.

lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the xbone had the wrong ram.

the PS5 had the right idea: you have a regular version, and then you have a "digital" version that's exactly the same except it has to CD drive. you drop the price by a hundred bucks, and you make it back from people who buy this version getting locked-in to digital store purchases and PS Plus. but all the other hardware is identical.

the Xbox hosed it up: the Series S isn't just missing a CD drive, the hardware is also non-trivially weaker than the flagship Series X

so what happens is that instead of games running the same across the X and the S, the latter always yields an inferior quality game, either because the developers had to deliberately downgrade the game to account for the worse hardware, or because the devs are just leaving it in "previous gen compatibility mode" because nobody wants to be arsed to port a game TWICE for the same console

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
no actually putting children is camps is very complicated and you would agree that it's cool and good if you just knew more.

lmao gently caress off

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

https://twitter.com/JimmyVielkind/status/1371476755836506115

LOL he still has 50% support. He'll win reelection too.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mcmagic posted:

someone who is smarter and knows more than me helps me understand why this isn't monstrous I need help from the big brains

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I have emails that will lead to the arrest of 2016 lover!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

has anybody said cuomo defenders are probably all bernie bros yet

I feel like that take is definitely out there, I wanna see it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

the PS5 had the right idea: you have a regular version, and then you have a "digital" version that's exactly the same except it has to CD drive. you drop the price by a hundred bucks, and you make it back from people who buy this version getting locked-in to digital store purchases and PS Plus. but all the other hardware is identical.

the Xbox hosed it up: the Series S isn't just missing a CD drive, the hardware is also non-trivially weaker than the flagship Series X

so what happens is that instead of games running the same across the X and the S, the latter always yields an inferior quality game, either because the developers had to deliberately downgrade the game to account for the worse hardware, or because the devs are just leaving it in "previous gen compatibility mode" because nobody wants to be arsed to port a game TWICE for the same console

they're also named stupid

the xbox game pass is a great service (for now), but i have to wonder how long it will be before the library suffers because there has to be a split between series x and series s -compatible games

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mcmagic posted:

lmfao he has more support than newsom does

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

neither is $15 lol

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

spacemang_spliff posted:

someone who is smarter and knows more than me helps me understand why this isn't monstrous I need help from the big brains

literally Blue-Anon thinking this is all just a big plot from Trump to get himself pardoned

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

spacemang_spliff posted:

cuomo specifically seeks out young women to give jobs and careers to, being anti cuomo is misogynist

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Dixon Chisholm posted:

I will kill you.

Does that make you feel better?

Only if you actually follow through

spacemang_spliff posted:

we can be enemies, bitch

:buddy:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Nichael posted:

neither is $15 lol

the absolute funniest part of the $15/hr thing is it would knock people out of eligibility for the few good govt programs that help them and suddenly you end up vastly worse off by earning more since you aren't on medicaid anymore etc

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I dragged my feet on buying a PS4 until I wanted a game that was on it and didn't have any prev-gen or PC games to play instead and will probably do the same with next gen

Confession, I think XBox hate specifically and MS hate in general is overblown, but I do think Xbox is losing the game-exclusivity war which is the only facet of this whole dumb slapfight I come remotely close to caring about

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmfao he has more support than newsom does

he has more support than newsom because voters, across all parts of the political spectrum, desire a TV Strong Daddy, and Cuomo fits that

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

the absolute funniest part of the $15/hr thing is it would knock people out of eligibility for the few good govt programs that help them and suddenly you end up vastly worse off by earning more since you aren't on medicaid anymore etc

seems like this country might be a loving trash fire

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

pigz posted:

The whiplash from vitriolic takes about how not voting for Biden makes you a double hitler and we got to close the camps now, to bloodless, anodyne explinations (that are identical to what the Republicans said) about how nothing can be done about the camps and we should stop talking about them is what upset people I think.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mastershakeman posted:

cuomo specifically seeks out young women to give jobs and careers to, being anti cuomo is misogynist

lmao

I'm shocked I haven't seen this take yet in the wild

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

loquacius posted:

I dragged my feet on buying a PS4 until I wanted a game that was on it and didn't have any prev-gen or PC games to play instead and will probably do the same with next gen

Confession, I think XBox hate specifically and MS hate in general is overblown, but I do think Xbox is losing the game-exclusivity war which is the only facet of this whole dumb slapfight I come remotely close to caring about

I mean, they literally bought Bethesda to try to solve that

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

pigz posted:

https://twitter.com/Xythar/status/875343506184720384?s=20

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Eggplant Squire posted:

A political party with both houses of Congress and the Presidency should do something about this

she's easily one of the best people in Federal office, but these tweets loving suck. I am tired of hearing from even "good" Democrats about these issues, if they aren't also going to say that huge swathes of the party are the opposition preventing solutions.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The Unnamed One posted:

Which blows. RIP anything ever being good again from any zenimax devs.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

The Unnamed One posted:

i think there's no chance elder scrolls or whatever isn't cross-platform though. doom sequels and future arkane games, probably, but no way to cutting off probably more than half the sales of the big guns

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

pigz posted:

So d&d as polite Hitler meme is the earnest defense? Sounds about white.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

loquacius posted:

the xbox is mega tempting because my library has this kind of stuff for every single multiplatform game:

xbox: one copy, available on shelf
ps4: two copies, 6 people on waiting list

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Mr Hootington posted:

Arkane and id might make some good stuff before being closed/remanaged to hell

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

Did Pete have the most cynically run campaign of the primary

yes, just look at this loving mercenary

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1371472105859088385

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I keep forgetting that ID is basically owned by Microsoft now. Doom eternals dlc might be the last good thing we get from them

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

really queer Christmas posted:

I keep forgetting that ID is basically owned by Microsoft now. Doom eternals dlc might be the last good thing we get from them

Doom Eternal already wasn't good.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm desperately clinging on to the (probably undeserved) hope that we will get New Vegas 2 out of it :shrug:

can't wait for all of them to get micromanaged into oblivion and promptly shuttered

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

:hai:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

pigz posted:

personally I think it's bad to put kids in concentration camps and no amount of 'explaining' can make it okay

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Excelzior posted:

I'm desperately clinging on to the (probably undeserved) hope that we will get New Vegas 2 out of it :shrug:

can't wait for all of them to get micromanaged into oblivion and promptly shuttered

new vegas 2 would be made by none of the people that made it good in the first place

also i had a lot of fun with doom eternal. i liked the silly lore

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

sexpig by night posted:

personally I think it's bad to put kids in concentration camps and no amount of 'explaining' can make it okay

maybe your betters haven't explained it in a way your feeble CSPAM poisoned brain can understand. you ever think about that? huh? did you?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

This is loving blasphemy

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

IRS > GetMyPayment > Frequently Asked Questions

Why does my check say $1,400? I thought it was supposed to be $2,000.
gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

spacemang_spliff posted:

maybe your betters haven't explained it in a way your feeble CSPAM poisoned brain can understand. you ever think about that? huh? did you?

CHAMP?