Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Kalli posted:

That looks amazing.

I.... what even is this movie

https://twitter.com/LizardRumsfeld/status/1371322496411185155

Haha Chapo did an episode on this movie and it definitely delivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I think I’m gonna dust off the kettle grill this weekend and smoke a hunk of pork shoulder I got sitting in the freezer. Maybe make some homemade Hawaiian rolls for some pulled pork sliders.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

love that her biggest credit is a CSI episode where she played Marie Antoinette

little on the nose, don't ya think

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

FizFashizzle posted:

love that her biggest credit is a CSI episode where she played Marie Antoinette

little on the nose, don't ya think

That comparison is incredibly unfair to Marie Antoinette imo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Jim Morrison did a poo poo ton of drugs for inspiration and she shut down like a pomeranian on a summer day

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

shirts and skins posted:

What do they call English muffins in England? Or is this a French fries situation?

Muffins.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Pron on VHS posted:

every day I wake up and just want to get high and eat chicken wings. But no, I sit down at my computer, log in, and toil

Hell, same.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm almost done with season 2 of Baskets and I really love it.

It stars Zach Galifianakis as a clown named Chip Baskets who flunks out of clown college in Paris. He moves back to the US and continues to pursue his clown career. The show co-stars Louie Anderson who plays Christine Baskets, Chip's mom. Louie Anderson is absolutely fantastic in the role. I smile every time he is on screen.

It starts out feeling kind of silly and surreal. I was initially kind of turned off by the Chip Baskets character because it felt like Galifianakis was a little over the top, but after a few episodes the show clicked with me. It's a darker comedy with a lot of good character stuff. Christine Baskets becomes the heart of the show and Louie Anderson is so wonderful and likeable.

So I officially recommend giving this show a shot. The episodes are 20-25 mins long. If you get to episode 4 of season 1 and you still don't like it then you can probably give up on it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

swickles posted:

Yup, Season 4 is wild and very fun!

S.H.I.E.L.D. chat made me look up the series on IMDb and boy howdy I could have sworn the Inhumans stuff all happened in season 4. It was season 2. :psyduck: Guess that's an artifact of having 20+ episodes per season. All I will say about season 4 is that this interpretation of Ghost Rider is ten times better than the Nick Cage one and is still just kinda "eh." Season 5 though is where it really, REALLY goes off the deep end and I don't want to spoil 6's Phil Coulson('s clone):Space Trucker.

Just finished the final season a week or so ago. This show just cannot do romances absolutely nobody they pair up has any chemistry together outside of Fitz and Simmons.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The last season was very fun though. The 80s episode with Deek and Mack is just a perfect genre homage. Also Deek being an rock god with misremembered lyrics of Don't You Forget About Me was amazing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/RightWingCope/status/1371468729209487364

lol

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I'm to the point that I can't find stuff like that funny anymore. It's just depressing.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

same, but i wrote hte letter to the maskless guy

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Decoration or Independence

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ehud posted:

I'm almost done with season 2 of Baskets and I really love it.

I *am* a cloon!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Massachusetts finally setup a website where you can queue yourself for the vaccine instead of trying to grab an open slot at 9 am on a Thursday.

Gonna get so many flavors of autism.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I’m so tired of quarantine isolation. I’m going to list the top 3 things I am dying to do:

1. Go to my neighborhood Korean fried chicken spot (Chi Mc in Vienna, VA) and eat a bunch of chicken wings and drink beer. I don’t even drink alcohol and I want this so bad.

2. Go back to my BJJ/wrestling gym.

3. Travel to Japan with my wife and wander around Tokyo eating stuff for 2 weeks. We did this in 2018 and it was really awesome

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Pron on VHS posted:

I’m so tired of quarantine isolation. I’m going to list the top 3 things I am dying to do:

1. Go to my neighborhood Korean fried chicken spot (Chi Mc in Vienna, VA) and eat a bunch of chicken wings and drink beer. I don’t even drink alcohol and I want this so bad.

2. Go back to my BJJ/wrestling gym.

3. Travel to Japan with my wife and wander around Tokyo eating stuff for 2 weeks. We did this in 2018 and it was really awesome

At least it seems like VA slightly has their poo poo together on vaccines now? Like, it started rough but has really been picking up.

I'm moving to Silver Spring in May and Maryland definitively does NOT have their poo poo together. Hopefully I can get vaccinated before then. And, hopefully I can get some Chi Mc before I move too. Gonna get my buddies together at Kogiya and just stuff ourselves with kbbq and breathe on each other.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Update!!!!!!! Bandit seems to be doing better! Here he is being a sleepy head. Thank you all for the well wishes. It helped keep the spirits up! I also managed to get through this without intaking any nicotine, too, so I now know I'm truly done with that poo poo.

T-Square posted:

Hope he feels better soon! Our geriatric greyhound had a nasty, persistent UTI this past summer that had me back and forth to the vet like 8 times, she kept having the most vile smelling accidents overnight. She went on like three different antibiotics including one for a full month, and the second she went off it she was back to nasty pees on the carpet. That was pretty much the end of the road, because her heart isn’t strong enough to go under for surgery, but my fiancé kinda last ditch Hail Mary ordered these cranberry urinary tract support treats and...they work? She gets two treats a day and I give her a wipe with a baby wipe once or twice a day after I let her out and we don’t seem to have any problems anymore.

Bandit has a urinary diet, cranberry supplements, antibiotics and probiotics. That combination seems to have done the trick. No more peeing blood and he hasn't had an accident since I brought him back from the vet! Last night he had to go out a lot but was able to control himself until he got outside. Now he's resting, and I think he might actually get a full night's sleep tonight (also: me!!!). He's never had any health issues, so I immediately went from 0 to full on panic the moment I saw blood. I don't know how I'd handle it if he was sick for as long as your pupper was. I'm glad your old lady is doing great these days.

Saturday was a hell of a day. Thankfully it seems to be over now!

Timby posted:

Going home as soon as pharmacy gets my prescriptions straightened out (they're sending me home with a lot of painkillers, some Bentyl and famotidine, the last of which is just Pepcid). :unsmith:

Thank God I have a few frozen dinners, though. Once again I had pulled some beef and chicken from the freezer to the fridge before I went to the ED; I'm pretty sure I'm going to hear something scream ZUUUUUUUL at me when I open up the refrigerator.

Although I think I have a Panera gift card somewhere, maybe I'll use that for dinner.

Anyway, it's a beautiful Sunday in Wisconsin and for the first time in a long while, I actually feel really good and healthy. Brand new week, brand new ballgame. :woop:

Although a burrito sounds good. drat Qdoba, why you gotta be so expensive.

Congrats!!!!!!!! I'm glad you are back home and I hope you are feeling much better. :)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Congratulations to both Bandit and Timby.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

shirts and skins posted:

At least it seems like VA slightly has their poo poo together on vaccines now? Like, it started rough but has really been picking up.

I'm moving to Silver Spring in May and Maryland definitively does NOT have their poo poo together. Hopefully I can get vaccinated before then. And, hopefully I can get some Chi Mc before I move too. Gonna get my buddies together at Kogiya and just stuff ourselves with kbbq and breathe on each other.

Yeah my parents signed up months ago and it seems last week the bottleneck broke open and they got an appointment and first Pfizer shot all done. My wife and I may move to Maryland too in 2022, she is trying to get a job at the FDA campus in White Oak. Housing market seems turbocharged and insane, rental market is collapsed, so may rent.

I am thinking of calling myself a smoker and signing up. I smoked cigarettes daily for like 10 years as a teenager/20s so I think that qualifies, some states certainly think so. drat my immensely calibrated moral compass, I really am like Hank Hill

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

Yeah my parents signed up months ago and it seems last week the bottleneck broke open and they got an appointment and first Pfizer shot all done.

Glad to hear your folks got the first one done at least.

The dam does seem to be breaking a bit, a lot of cities seem to have crowd sourced twitter bots for notifying you when you can set up appointments at various pharmacies if you do twitter and are allowed to in your state. Missouri of all backwards rear end places has a somewhat competent state run system in place for signing up and being notified when you can get an appointment if you're tech savvy enough to deal with emails/texts (unfortunately we're still working through a lot of people who are decidedly not that tech savvy). And there are definitely still problems with who gets appointments first. Like, I have my own minorish health problems but if we're being objective there are plenty of people who should have been in line before me.

Getting my mom through the process definitely helped my peace of mind. For a while there I was going more crazy and not less since it seems so close to maybe being sort of over, which might be what you're feeling now.

e: also go Bandit.

And I don't think I commented on the most recent go around but I was very glad to see that you got out of prison again Timby.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 15, 2021

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Kalli posted:

Massachusetts finally setup a website where you can queue yourself for the vaccine instead of trying to grab an open slot at 9 am on a Thursday.

Gonna get so many flavors of autism.

Getting direct to brain messages from the nwo and being tracked by Bill Gates for the last week has been p good. Waiting to see if my chip gets me access to the space lazer.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Laycie has been defeated. Ollie is next.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Laycie has been defeated. Ollie is next.

!!!!!!

Vote here!

https://www.instagram.com/stories/campbowwowgreenville/2530040400288022375/?hl=en

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I will say, having two friends recently getting their first jab, I don’t foresee Bill Gates/Micro$oft jokes getting old any time soon.

I don’t know how I’m ever going to acclimate to going back into the office to work. Deciding you’re hungry and walking ten feet into the kitchen to throw some leftover corned beef, cheese, and kraut onto a sandwich and toasting it up is a luxury I’m gonna miss.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Voted! Up early, 71%.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

every day I wake up and just want to get high and eat chicken wings. But no, I sit down at my computer, log in, and toil

Samesies.

My goal is to get to a point where my compensation is high enough that I can cut back my hours to like, 32. So 4 days a week.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Samesies.

My goal is to get to a point where my compensation is high enough that I can cut back my hours to like, 32. So 4 days a week.

My company cut our hours to 32 per week for three months starting last April, and it was so great. I would absolutely take the reduced pay to go to 32 hours a week.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Let's gooooooooooooooooooooo

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the snyder cut reviews are out

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/zack_snyders_justice_league

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
FOUR hours?!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lmao if this causes WB to reverse course and hand the keys to the car back to Snyder. Oh god.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

eat my poo poo ollie, voted

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
Ollie has no idea what's coming for him. Go Finn Go!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I like that even the positive reviews acknowledge it’s tedious and exhausting

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

A vote for Finn is a vote for justice

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Ollie still gives money to Lowtax. Vote Finn.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh drat folks, look at Rigsby.

That's gonna be an impossible battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

Oh drat folks, look at Rigsby.

That's gonna be an impossible battle.