Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CapnAndy posted:

At that point Tony’s still a proud arms dealer. He knows he’s selling death.
Yeah, absolving Tony of all that poo poo and going "it was Stane! Stane was selling the ClusterMaster660 to the terrorists!" Is unnecessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I think the idea is Tony sold to "legitimate" militaries endorsed by the US government while Stane was secretly selling to the militants on the other side but I don't remember what Obadiah confessed to in Iron Man one. Point is Stark could have legitimately sold arms to the Sokovian government only for them to carpet bomb their own people in an attempt to put down an uprising. I always think of Sokovia as a Syria insert anyway and that definitely could have happened there.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I think the idea is Tony sold to "legitimate" militaries endorsed by the US government while Stane was secretly selling to the militants on the other side but I don't remember what Obadiah confessed to in Iron Man one. Point is Stark could have legitimately sold arms to the Sokovian government only for them to carpet bomb their own people in an attempt to put down an uprising. I always think of Sokovia as a Syria insert anyway and that definitely could have happened there.

I had forgotten that stane was selling to the "bad guys". This is so unrealistic. What happens is the USA government buys the weapons then sells the weapons to allies for the purpose of selling the weapoms to enemies.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The bombs could have been dropped by the US directly too, it's not like there were no civilian casualties from the NATO intervention in Kosovo.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Turns out House of M was short for House of Mouse.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I guess secret invasion is coming sooner than I expected
https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1371498225400709125?s=19

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Not sure casting the brown dude as the villain of a show where the baddies are sneaking in 'illegally' and infiltrating in an attempt to destroy us is the best look.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

You're misremembering a bit. When Tony sees he's about to be killed by a Stark bomb, his expression is "well that's ironic", not "what the gently caress, I didn't sell bombs to these guys, I've been betrayed".

The confrontation with Stane is that after Tony came back and gave his big "we're not selling arms anymore" press conference, Stane went "lmao yeah right I'm just gonna do it behind your back" and Tony has just found out about it. Remember, in Iron Man, Tony thinks the "Merchant of Death" nickname is pretty good, and in Age of Ultron, he clarifies that the difference between him and Klaue was that he only sold arms to people it was legal to sell to -- but he doesn't make it sound like he was picky about which recognized governments could buy his bombs.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Not sure casting the brown dude as the villain of a show where the baddies are sneaking in 'illegally' and infiltrating in an attempt to destroy us is the best look.

Don't worry he'll be green and covered in prosthetics so it literally doesn't matter. If he's even a skrull. Unless they've gender swapped the skrull queen, which I doubt, it doesn't seem like they're doing a 1:1 thing anyway as the skrull are you know, not villains in the MCU.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Gaz-L posted:

Have they said that's the plot? The Skrulls have been such unambiguous good guys since the original head-fake in Captain Marvel.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

Have they said that's the plot? The Skrulls have been such unambiguous good guys since the original head-fake in Captain Marvel.

I believe the synopsis we have is that Fury and Talos are working to stop 'bad Skrulls' from doing so, yes.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Gaz-L posted:

I’m pretty sure we don’t have chameleon abilities but I’ll ask at the next meeting/quince.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I would like the secret invasion baddies to not be skrulls.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.
I’d just like it so that not every single Kree’s a bad guy. It’s disappointing that the MCU has a lack of nuance in regards to them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Kree can pass for human with a few spray tan sessions, it would be a neat inversion to have them be the hidden baddies.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

I would like the secret invasion baddies to not be skrulls.
I think I'm okay with it because every species except humans being monolithic All Good Guys or All Evil Guys is... kinda dumb, when you think about it. Every Kree is a jackass, every Skrull is a saint? Earth is literally the only planet with internal disagreements? C'mon.

The Skrulls are more interesting if there are bad ones too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

The Kree can pass for human with a few spray tan sessions, it would be a neat inversion to have them be the hidden baddies.

Were there any Kree in the movie that just looked human? I know in the comics there's a bunch that just look like white people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Were there any Kree in the movie that just looked human? I know in the comics there's a bunch that just look like white people.

"Pink Kree" in the comics. As far as I know we only see blue ones in the MCU. Which is why I said spray tan.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

"Pink Kree" in the comics. As far as I know we only see blue ones in the MCU. Which is why I said spray tan.

Yon-rogg was pink

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Neither Yon-Rogg or Korath are blue.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yon-rogg is literally just a human looking dude and he's the main antagonist, did you even watch captain marvel lol

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Circutron posted:

I’d just like it so that not every single Kree’s a bad guy. It’s disappointing that the MCU has a lack of nuance in regards to them.

I'm going to be pedantic and note that not every single Kree is a bad guy. Mar-Vell is not. She literally helped the Skrulls.

Also, she was normal human looking as well on the other comment above.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

Yon-rogg is literally just a human looking dude and he's the main antagonist, did you even watch captain marvel lol

I just couldn't remember what color they painted Jude Law. Looking at photos, his character could probably pass for a slightly odd looking human if he wore normal clothes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I just couldn't remember what color they painted Jude Law. Looking at photos, his character could probably pass for a slightly odd looking human if he wore normal clothes.

Accurate description of Jude Law

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

This is a pretty sick unintentional burn on Jude Law, who was wearing no special make up or prosthetics.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Maybe the color on my TV is off but yon rogg isn't pink at all??

^^^

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I've seen him in press interviews, that's not his normal skin color.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jude Law wore contacts and that's about it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Skwirl posted:

I've seen him in press interviews, that's not his normal skin color.

Can't believe Jude law was in Whiteface.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh yeah, he was Kree. I thought he was some other race for some reason.

Well there you go, it can easily be Kree.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/falconandwinter/status/1371446090134810628?s=09

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:siren: Superman: TAS has been added to HBOMax :siren:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Jiro posted:

:siren: Superman: TAS has been added to HBOMax :siren:

If I was a parent with both HBOMax and Disney+ I could probably trick a kid into only using HBOMax for at least long enough I could cancel Disney for a month before they noticed.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
falcon and bucky starts friday tho

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Skwirl posted:

If I was a parent with both HBOMax and Disney+ I could probably trick a kid into only using HBOMax for at least long enough I could cancel Disney for a month before they noticed.
Dude, I don't even have kids, but as an uncle and a guy whose friends have kids, nah, they'd notice in about five minutes when Zootopia or Frozen couldn't go on for its fifth repeat of the day.

Also, fun fact: Marvel made a pretty crap commercial for Xbox Game Pass and then buried a lore reveal in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db1QEI712S0
The Fortnite player who was constantly antagonizing Korg is the Genius Bar worker who tried to help Steve and Natasha in Winter Soldier.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Anybody watched Helstrom? Is it any good?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

No.

That definitely answers question one and probably answers question two. But we'll never know for sure.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I watched it and it had a tiny seed of potential but it was all stuff that has been done better in a million other shows. Maybe if Lucifer didn't exist I would have appreciated it a bit more, butttt

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

bessantj posted:

Anybody watched Helstrom? Is it any good?

I watched an episode. I shouldn't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I figured we were in bad shape when they called Satana 'Ana.'