Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

Look up that extremely short-lived Fox News version of The Daily Show if you want to see what it's like when conservatives try and tell jokes.

IIRC literally the first segment on the show was "Barack Obama's initials are BO. Like body odor."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Charlie Hebdo is never not tasteless. That's kind of their brand.

Though I guess to be fair, the Monarchy does have a history of enthusiastically murdering black people…

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

"I literally cannot understand why someone might criticize their own party member for doing something bad. It must be because they are covering up turbo pedophilia."

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

JerikTelorian posted:

"I literally cannot understand why someone might criticize their own party member for doing something bad. It must be because they are covering up turbo pedophilia."

I know the worst take is always the correct take in these situations, but I don't think there's anything in this comic directly or indirectly referencing pedophilia. This seems to me like it's just "All politicians I disagree with (and lawyers, but I repeat myself) are literal sharks who will greedily devour their own at the first sign of weakness."

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Ben posted:

WHAT GOVERNMENT CAN GIVE, GOVERNMENT CAN TAKE AWAY

“Give us more, boy”

The Big Government Taker used 9-11 to take away most of our 4th Amendment. Many lives were also taken when we were forced to fight endless wars in the Mideast. Now the artificial crisis known as COVID-19 has enabled The Big Government Taker to remove even more of our rights. People were/are locked down, forced to wear masks, and socially distanced. They complied at every turn.

Then our free speech, at least for conservatives, was taken away on the most popular social media sites. The virus enabled widespread mail-in balloting, which was blatantly corrupted. Other shenanigans followed. The virus enabled our votes to be taken away. The Big Government Taker rigged the election for Biden.

Who constitutes Big Government the Taker? The usual suspects.

The centi-billionaires and illuminati who are accustomed to taking. They call themselves ‘the elite.’ They are not the elite—they are simply psychopathic globalists who continue to seize more power because we allow them to do it. We should call them ‘elitists,’ not the elite.’ We should not allow them to become our psychological masters.

They’ve taken away our town square social media soap box. Then the ballot box was taken away in a rigged election. We must not let them take away the ammo box. The Second Amendment is our last means of defending ourselves from genocidal maniacs who would love to drag us off to FEMA camps for forced vaccination—or worse.

We can’t let them take our firearms or our ammo boxes. If we do, get ready to live in a high tech prison world where we will have become citizen cattle subject to any whimsey from totalitarians such as Bill Gates. He’s the ultimate taker, he wants to take your life.

—Ben Garrison

quote:

Open Biden: It is obvious what is on Biden’s declining brain lately and it’s not what is best for America.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Kellies Nomination: worst label for all three

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Garrison real mad that the government counts ballots instead of Trump fans.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Still a better covid plan than what Trump gave us

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

oobey posted:

I know the worst take is always the correct take in these situations, but I don't think there's anything in this comic directly or indirectly referencing pedophilia. This seems to me like it's just "All politicians I disagree with (and lawyers, but I repeat myself) are literal sharks who will greedily devour their own at the first sign of weakness."

They're talking about Branco's comment about "a distraction for worse crimes" that was posted with the comic, which didn't get quoted because SA doesn't nest quotes.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

1) Good job showing the MAGA guy still having a megaphone.
2) There is, once again you credulous poo poo, no evidence of widespread vote fraud in the 2020 election. It is, in fact, the Republicans who are trying to take the vote away from Democrats and from non-white, non-cishet people in general.
3) There are no major gun-control initiatives currently being pursued on a federal level in the US.

Suggested title for this comic: "Moron Label".

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Open borders AND kids in cages??

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

oobey posted:

In the post associated with the comic he suggested they are "covering up something worse" and we all know where that line of thinking leads.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Jay Rust posted:

Intellectual consistency has never been a trait of fascism.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Intellectual consistency has never been a trait of fascism.

:v:Yet it consistently attracts those lacking in intellect.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

If we completely sealed off the border and shot everyone on sight, there wouldn't be kids in cages! :shepface:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It makes chuds really mad when you point out that "sleepy" Joe a) beat Trump handily and b) was able to get an historic stimulus passed on his watch after only a few months in office. Of course, this is why it should be pointed out to them at every opportunity.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

gently caress, i also ❤️ pudding and naps

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

NRVNQSR posted:

They're talking about Branco's comment about "a distraction for worse crimes" that was posted with the comic, which didn't get quoted because SA doesn't nest quotes.

JerikTelorian posted:

In the post associated with the comic he suggested they are "covering up something worse" and we all know where that line of thinking leads.

So while I'm not saying Branco isn't implying pedophilia with Cuomo, because Branco is a piece of poo poo and it's definitely possible, I don't think that's what he means here. Right wing media like Rush and Hannity have been pushing the theory that the allegations against Cuomo are meant to be a distraction from the underreporting of nursing home deaths in New York.

e: I should say the rotating guest hosts on Rush's show, not Rush himself, as he is very dead.

Jay Rust posted:

The right wing is saying that the kids in cages is a consequence of Biden's open borders policy so the two go hand in hand, since immigration exploded when Biden became President and then he suddenly realized "Oops there's all these kids coming over we don't know what to do with, better put them in cages for a while!" They're saying if only he'd been as tough on immigration as Trump was, there wouldn't be a crisis, and also this just proves Trump did nothing wrong by putting kids in cages!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

So where's the jury box, Ben? Are you leaving that one out because it's too shameful to admit that even filling the court with Trump's picks was not enough to invalidate an election?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson rules out return of Parthenon marbles to Greece

Independent:

Woman pinned to ground at Clapham vigil says policing was 'disgraceful'

Times:

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson defends Met chief after handling of Sarah Everard vigil

Matt:

Bonus! David Squires on The Crown season 7.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

QuoProQuid posted:

gently caress, i also ❤️ pudding and naps

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I've followed this thread off and on through the years, so I must have missed when Payne said "gently caress it, all my cartoons are just gonna be people looking at a giant screen or billboard with words on them." I feel like he did actual cartoons at some point in the past. When did he get lazy?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah he used to have labels on licence plates as well

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

By a continual shifting of rhetorical focus etc etc

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Ghost Leviathan posted:

His obsession with pimps and prostitutes might well put Frank Miller to shame.
I think if you ran it back, more than 50% of Sinfest comics would mention or feature a pimp. It's such a weird loving fixation.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

1) Good job showing the MAGA guy still having a megaphone.
2) There is, once again you credulous poo poo, no evidence of widespread vote fraud in the 2020 election. It is, in fact, the Republicans who are trying to take the vote away from Democrats and from non-white, non-cishet people in general.
3) There are no major gun-control initiatives currently being pursued on a federal level in the US.

Suggested title for this comic: "Moron Label".

Also yelling "Come and take it!" to a guy currently holding onto the thing in question.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

NRVNQSR posted:

JerikTelorian posted:

Well that's what I get for giving AF Branco even the slightest benefit of the doubt.

My bad.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Scott Morrison with Deputy PM Michael McCormack. Scott Morrison declares it a 'triumph' that March 4 Justice rallies not 'met with bullets' (Guardian)

Rowe:

Scott Morrison with Peter Dutton (Home Affairs minister, currently acting leader of the house). Christian Porter is the current leader of the house and Attorney General, currently on leave due to the historical rape allegation against him. Brittany Higgins addresses March 4 Justice rally as women demand action across Australia (Guardian).

Knight:

Wilcox:

Attorney-General Christian Porter launches defamation action against ABC (ABC).

Warren Brown:

Spooner:

Cat is Mark McGowan, Western Australian Premier, who won nearly all the seats in the election for Labor. Mouse is former Opposition leader Zak Kirkup of the former opposition party the WA Liberals.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

I think if you ran it back, more than 50% of Sinfest comics would mention or feature a pimp. It's such a weird loving fixation.
The title of his first book/collection of comics was “Life is a Bitch and I’m Her Pimp”

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
https://twitter.com/kylerodgers/status/1371190462300704778?s=19

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Just want to say I appreciate the tiny guillotine in the background, off with their heads indeed :guillotine::dong:

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
My God, it's full of stars!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I like this, it's grotesque but actually comprehensible instead of being a big, swirly, fleshy blob like most of his cartoons.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

If nearly forgotten about that god awful painting.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Edmund Lava posted:

If nearly forgotten about that god awful painting.

There were more! He commissioned two FOUR awful paintings!

https://twitter.com/arpitrage/status/1215405302667005954?s=20

Leon Sumbitches fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 16, 2021

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Leon Sumbitches posted:

There were more! He commissioned two FOUR awful paintings!

https://twitter.com/arpitrage/status/1215405302667005954?s=20

I want everyone here to know that if I ever hold any kind of higher office and I commission anything like this I give everyone else on this earth permission to assassinate me

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Senators/status/1371247864769298441?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

DarklyDreaming posted:

I want everyone here to know that if I ever hold any kind of higher office and I commission anything like this I give everyone else on this earth permission to assassinate me

Yeah, the idea is to commission that after you held office, not during.