Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Stink Terios posted:

I'm also surprised by how bad KFC's rep is in the US, brazilian KFC is one of my favorite fast food places.

Yes, there ARE sandwiches with catupiry:

lmao

I did have the KFC Famous Original Ray's Chicken Sandwich and it was prepared nicely as to be a fit competitor to the Popeyes Ray's Original Famous Chicken Sandwich

Someone post a burger from Novosibirsk or something I'm making myself too hungry and I've already started drinking so now it'll be a mandatory Doordash if I want one :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Sad

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Son of Rodney posted:

Is 5 guys good? They opened up in europe a while ago and they've been on my goto list.

There's one opening here soon but all of the US chains adjust their menus for the local market so gently caress only knows what they'll come up with.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Seven pages and nobody posted the twinkie wiener sandwich? Probably because it's legit good

I'd recommend trying one, but skip dipping it in milk

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Is that Cheez-Wiz?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

ultrafilter posted:

Is that Cheez-Wiz?

Yes

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Easy Cheese.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

ultrafilter posted:

Is that Cheez-Wiz?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Dang it, I always forgot those are separate things. It’s spray cheese

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

The dogs are good, I believe the split might be a health thing (prevents unchewed wiener segment from getting lodged in the throat, this is what you're supposed to do with kids hotdogs but it can be safely extrapolated to anyone unlikely to chew their food properly). The burgs are good too.

imo the cajun fries taste like they're seasoned with Old Bay without the Bay if that makes any sense.

It's too bad that proper fry cooking is a lost art. It's why most fries are hit or miss when they could all be perfect if they followed the double cooking process

Bourdain detailed his method in his Les Halles Cookbook, and I've always followed it. Blanche in low temp oil followed by a 2 minute fry on sub-nuclear oil. Spectacular results every time.

I met him in Pearson Airport like 10 years ago and to this day regret that I didn't tell him I followed his method and how brilliant it was. dude had enormous hands as I recall.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
What's everyone's preference on chicken burgers? I love beef burgs but drat sometimes I just don't want that much red meat and a good chicken burg is loving amazing.

And yeah, I am calling it a burger. gently caress off with your chicken fried sandwich bullshit.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Chettinad Chicken served in a bun with lettuce and a salsa I made out of finely chopped tomatoes, pickles and jalapenos. Tzatziki for sauce. Served in a Viking Roll.

It takes a whole lot of effort but god drat is it worth it.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

syntaxfunction posted:

What's everyone's preference on chicken burgers?

McChicken is one of the few things from McDonalds I actually like.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Lolie posted:

McChicken is one of the few things from McDonalds I actually like.

oh gently caress i forgot, those are dope and theyre cheap as hell

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
McChickens are good as far as I remember and so was the Chicken Premiere. They always seemed to add a little too much mayo though. It's been 20 years since I've been to McD's.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Chic fil a has the best chicken burg BUT they are homophobes and not open on Sunday (sabbath, you see).

Their chicken biscuits with honey are killer but if you can't get them on a Sunday morning ??

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
can you still buy like a case of 30 burgers from white castle?

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

gently caress those bullshit gold covered fake most expense burger places.

I maintain no one has ever actually bought or sold that poo poo, they just lie that it's on the menu to get a 30 second Business Insider hit.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

evilpicard posted:

gently caress those bullshit gold covered fake most expense burger places.

I maintain no one has ever actually bought or sold that poo poo, they just lie that it's on the menu to get a 30 second Business Insider hit.

The guy in your avatar had a solid gold toilet. Just saying.

E: Wait, he didn't actually have one accourding to toilet-guru.com. Check it out. It's one of the funniest things I've read in some time and all it does is present the facts.

Valko fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 16, 2021

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

snopes posted:

Accordingly, he had all the aircraft exteriors repainted and the interiors redecorated with features that included maple wood veneer, chrome seat belt latches, and gold colored lavatory fixtures. However, those lavatory fixtures were only gold in color (not content), and it’s not one of them that’s pictured here.

Donald Trump’s Fifth Avenue penthouse in the Trump Tower includes many nicely gilded furnishings, but no solid gold toilet.

Likewise, his private jet features gold-plated sink fixtures in one bathroom, but no solid gold toilet.

What the photograph used by Occupy Democrats actually depicts is a bathroom fixture that was formerly part of the Swisshorn Gold Palace in Hong Kong (a building not owned by Trump):

According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Hong Kong jeweller Lam Sai-wing was the original possessor of the “World’s Most Expensive Bathroom,” including its fully functional, 24-carat, solid gold toilet

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
saw this in gws.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Aardvark! posted:

saw this in gws.

I need it in my life.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

twit666 posted:

Corn dogs. Lots of corn dogs.

lol in Japan they are known as "American Dog"

Not "dogs", there is no plurilzation by just adding an "s" on the end of a word there.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Lolie posted:

I need it in my life.

Once you get down there it gets hard to eat the burg, and you end up needing to take it out of the plastic thing to finish it. Plus it’s annoying to clean because of the grooves in it, and you look like a ding dong when you’re eating. If you’re really concerned about keeping your hands clean, hold your burg with a napkin

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Ok burger. Also like $15 for a small burger and lovely fries.

I went there once when they opened one up here a few years ago. I haven't been back.

Five Guys burgers practically doubled in price over the last 5 years, it's insane. A single patty, no cheese, no bacon burg there is more expensive than a double-double from In-N-Out.

I actually really love their fries, though, and sometimes get a medium cajun style from the one closest to me and get a double double from the In-N-Out across the street. :btroll:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Ziv Zulander posted:

Once you get down there it gets hard to eat the burg, and you end up needing to take it out of the plastic thing to finish it. Plus it’s annoying to clean because of the grooves in it, and you look like a ding dong when you’re eating. If you’re really concerned about keeping your hands clean, hold your burg with a napkin

toothpicks are a simple and elegant solution to falling apart burgers.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Unless you're ordering an "elevated" burger in a sit-down restaurant they usually come in some kind of wrapper to hold them with

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Son of Rodney posted:

toothpicks are a simple and elegant solution to falling apart burgers.

Or you can hold it with your hands

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If the burg is sliding all around it’s a badly built burg. Too many sauces, too much sauce, sauce layered on the tomato, too much lettuce, etc. So many things that can go wrong.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Aardvark! posted:

KFC/AW rootbeer combo restaurant is the literal #1 worst

Jose Oquendo posted:

A&W is fuckin trash.

This is hosed. A&W in Canada is loving top tier although its pricy af.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Stink Terios posted:

I'm also surprised by how bad KFC's rep is in the US, brazilian KFC is one of my favorite fast food places.

Yes, there ARE sandwiches with catupiry:

KFC is good in the caribbean too.

Burger King is prolly the worst imo. Garbage fries, burgers leave a bad aftertaste. Their whole "flame broiled" whatever just tastes weird in general.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Romes128 posted:

KFC is good in the caribbean too.

Burger King is prolly the worst imo. Garbage fries, burgers leave a bad aftertaste. Their whole "flame broiled" whatever just tastes weird in general.

Agreed, always tastes like someone dumped liquid smoke on freezer burned school cafeteria patties.

Or maybe they rescued a box of expired meat from a house fire and turned it into burgers. The burgers are always simultaneously grainy, chewy, burnt, but soggy. Then the fries are bad too.

Wendy’s has a decent burger but the real MVP is the baked potato side. You ever think about the logistics of serving baked potatoes as a fast food item when they take an hour to bake?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Saalkin posted:

This is hosed. A&W in Canada is loving top tier although its pricy af.

Nothing is worse than a pre-cooked A&W burger that's been sitting for hours before they serve it to you (the one near me does this consistently). The Burger Family is also unique to Canada apparently, and instead of Whistle Dogs the US had Coney Island Dogs :confused:

Also gently caress when they just refry stale onion rings. And if you're not going to put ice in your drink then make sure it's actually cold! :mad:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

space uncle posted:

Agreed, always tastes like someone dumped liquid smoke on freezer burned school cafeteria patties.

Or maybe they rescued a box of expired meat from a house fire and turned it into burgers. The burgers are always simultaneously grainy, chewy, burnt, but soggy. Then the fries are bad too.

Wendy’s has a decent burger but the real MVP is the baked potato side. You ever think about the logistics of serving baked potatoes as a fast food item when they take an hour to bake?

Lol each franchise must be different, because BK rules and the flamebroiled flavor is both desirable and delicious

Regarding Wendy's and the renovations/clamshell grill debacle, I would say that checks out, and as such I'm pretty much limited to the chicken sandwiches at this point (making an exception for the Bacon Cheddar Portabella Mushroom Melt or whatever it is)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

This would be pretty good as a slider, but not a full 'berg

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

I know the burger in the can was already posted, like, twice, but do check the "Actionshots (7)*" provided by the website that sells them: https://www.asmc.com/trekking-burger

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I like Burger King sometimes but their burgers really taste like someone just added a dash of "grill flavoring" on it. Kinda gross tasting to be honest.

I made a doobie dog today. Ball Park bun, a good Wisconsin hot dog, some canned Stag chili, and a slice of kraft cheese. It was good and messy. But it was really sad and pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

laserghost posted:

I know the burger in the can was already posted, like, twice, but do check the "Actionshots (7)*" provided by the website that sells them: https://www.asmc.com/trekking-burger

I’m the 1.38 grams of sodium.