Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!
Just got back from a 3.5hour each way trip to North Carolina from VA to get my 1st dose of moderna. When I was about halfway there, VA sent me an email saying I could sign up locally for the 17th because of course they did (also for moderna). It sounds like in VA they're in the >35 with complications now though (I stretched the truth and put "neurological disorder" on mine as I take meds for ADHD).

I got the link to sign up in NC from my cousin who works at a university there and probably is involved somehow since she's an athletic trainer and I assume could administer shots. NC doesn't seem to give any fucks about proving eligibility (and also I think they're one of the states that just doesn't have rules). I still have a Texas address and health insurance and the lady who signed me in just made small talk about her son who lives in Houston. They never asked about complicating conditions, I had marked one on the form and would have gone with hypertension if they asked. I didn't realize the cutoff numbers are as low as they are for that these days or I would have put that one on my VA form. I'm always at like 133 for the big number when I go to the doc for checkups since I'm always on both adderall and caffeine at that time of day and have just driven through Houston traffic to get to the doctor's office (although the last few visits have been medicine).

It seems like maybe a bunch of moderna is getting delivered since I got both offers within a couple days, so hopefully lots of people will be getting it soon!

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention they were vaccine a bunch of college students in NC too. And they also scheduled my second appointment then and there. The actual clinic was run really well, totally hassle free if I didn't have to drive forever to get there. I'm sure that's hit or miss though depending on where you go in the state.

Forseti has issued a correction as of 00:05 on Mar 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Passenger aircraft = just a modified bomber

Should've kept the bomb bay doors in. We would see a lot less airtravel if passengers had the uneasy feeling of that potential single wrong button press.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Forseti posted:

Just got back from a 3.5hour each way trip to North Carolina from VA to get my 1st dose of moderna. When I was about halfway there, VA sent me an email saying I could sign up locally for the 17th because of course they did (also for moderna). It sounds like in VA they're in the >35 with complications now though (I stretched the truth and put "neurological disorder" on mine as I take meds for ADHD).

I got the link to sign up in NC from my cousin who works at a university there and probably is involved somehow since she's an athletic trainer and I assume could administer shots. NC doesn't seem to give any fucks about proving eligibility (and also I think they're one of the states that just doesn't have rules). I still have a Texas address and health insurance and the lady who signed me in just made small talk about her son who lives in Houston. They never asked about complicating conditions, I had marked one on the form and would have gone with hypertension if they asked. I didn't realize the cutoff numbers are as low as they are for that these days or I would have put that one on my VA form. I'm always at like 133 for the big number when I go to the doc for checkups since I'm always on both adderall and caffeine at that time of day and have just driven through Houston traffic to get to the doctor's office (although the last few visits have been medicine).

It seems like maybe a bunch of moderna is getting delivered since I got both offers within a couple days, so hopefully lots of people will be getting it soon!

109 million doses administered, at least 30 million doses delivered but not administered. yeah, there are vaccines out there. get yer appointments

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Rhesus Pieces posted:

cool my state just moved up all the age eligibility dates and now everyone over 45 can get the shot on Friday, and anyone over 16 is eligible by April 5th :dance:

Cool.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Wife and I finally got our shots scheduled for this week, Illinois really seems to be having a lot more retail pharmacy availability in the last few days.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Forseti posted:

VA has a vaccine shipment dashboard (neat)
https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccines-received/

100k doses of Moderna and 180k doses of Pfizer shipped in the past couple days

Loucks
May 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I feel like the claim that Israel is better than the US isn’t completely without merit due to hundreds of years of US depravity, but LOL anyway.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Tip for dirty wfhers: get the vaccine on a Thursday afternoon, that way you can stop work early then call out sick for Friday and get a long weekend

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

well the US government also intended to take advantage of covid to facilitate an ethnic cleansing. kush and steven miller weren't exactly subtle about it.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
In COVID world leader news:
The Estonian prime minister has COVID, the opposition leader Raila Odinga in Kenya is hospitalized with COVID and the Tanzanian president John Magufuli has been missing for days (and is assumed hospitalized with COVID by the opposition).

Sources:
https://apnews.com/article/business-coronavirus-pandemic-estonia-92dc855bdc313d816aed7d6f0591e846
https://www.theafricareport.com/71961/kenya-faces-third-covid-19-wave-as-raila-odinga-hospitalised/
https://www.theafricareport.com/70969/tanzania-magufulis-absence-prompts-questions-over-covid-19-diagnosis/

Edit: And it just dropped that the VP of Somaliland Abdirahman Saylici also got a positive diagnosis: https://www.aa.com.tr/en/africa/somaliland-vice-president-tests-positive-for-covid-19/2177087

Pingui has issued a correction as of 00:15 on Mar 16, 2021

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Grey Fox posted:

VA has a vaccine shipment dashboard (neat)
https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccines-received/

100k doses of Moderna and 180k doses of Pfizer shipped in the past couple days

Just because you seem like you may know, is there anything I should do to notify VA that I don't need it now so they can free it up for someone else? It would also be awesome if I could get the 2nd one locally, but I don't mind making the drive again, it's not so bad. Actually kind of nice since I used to take long car trips all the time but have been shut in for the last year.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
I called the rite aid and confirmed we're getting Pfizer friday, need to celebrate.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

so is the pfizer one the good one

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

which one gives you the magic rain man kind of autism that makes you really good at math

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

More world news, the situation in PNG is deteriorating rapidly and they are worried their health system will collapse very soon as infection rates are now every 1 in 3 or 4 people. Nobody in PNG is vaccinated yet and they are asking for 20,000 vaccines immediately for their healthcare workers.

https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/1371538781317201920

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

In PA we're still on Phase 1A -- no estimate when that'll be done. It's been so bad some counties have had to publicly call out the state department of health for their terrible roll out. Every waiting list is full, even old farts like my dad can't get a slot without being bumped.

It's so totally hosed here

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Shear Modulus posted:

I was under the impression that both the mRNA ones are probably about the same but Pfizer has more data/studies about it to be able to draw confident conclusions from?

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Forseti posted:

Just because you seem like you may know, is there anything I should do to notify VA that I don't need it now so they can free it up for someone else? It would also be awesome if I could get the 2nd one locally, but I don't mind making the drive again, it's not so bad. Actually kind of nice since I used to take long car trips all the time but have been shut in for the last year.

if you didn't make an appointment, you're probably ok

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Helith posted:

More world news, the situation in PNG is deteriorating rapidly and they are worried their health system will collapse very soon as infection rates are now every 1 in 3 or 4 people. Nobody in PNG is vaccinated yet and they are asking for 20,000 vaccines immediately for their healthcare workers.

:stonk:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Forseti posted:

not that I'm aware of

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!
Awesome, I figured it would work itself out, but willing to go click some buttons if it gets someone else a shot a day sooner. Thanks dudes

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-moderna-idUSKBN2B71OE posted:

Moderna begins testing next-generation coronavirus vaccine

(Reuters) - Moderna Inc said on Monday it had dosed the first participant in an early-stage study of a new COVID-19 vaccine candidate that could potentially be stored and shipped in refrigerators instead of freezers.

The company said its new candidate could make it easier for distribution, especially in developing countries where supply chain issues could hamper vaccination drives.

The early-stage study will assess the safety and immunogenicity of the next-generation vaccine, designated as mRNA-1283, at three dose levels, and will be given to healthy adults either as a single dose or in two doses 28 days apart, the company said.

Moderna also plans to evaluate the new vaccine, mRNA-1283, as a potential booster shot in future studies.

Last week, Moderna began dosing the first participants in a study testing COVID-19 booster vaccine candidates targeting the variant, known as B.1.351, that first emerged in South Africa.

The booster vaccine candidates, designated mRNA-1273.351, will be tested in a trial of both a variant-specific shot and a multivalent shot, according to the company’s announcement.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shear Modulus posted:

pfizer and moderna are the new fancy pants dna-rewriting hyper autism train simulator one that makes u really smart but easily controlled by georgey soros and all the rich people got bc they got it early and also given during day shift for wfh-ers. j&j jannsen is the boring old talcum powder vagina cancer drug that only stupid poors get on the night shift. AZ is the one that turns you into a walking blood clot formed by placing 2 Battlefields next to each with a 20% chance of turning ghost and then ghost of a ghost and then prime matter.

feds have mostly ordered most of the j&j with 100 million coming soon so phizzer moderne ones will most likely be phased out to the one feds are buying en masse

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Who wants to jump the line?

https://twitter.com/audreydutton/status/1371589151309492225

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Step 1 - bribing the population by sacrificing a portion of your administration fee so that your supply doesn't go to waste
Step 2 - bribing the population so we come closer to herd immunity

Bring on the Walgreens gift cards

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

here we gooooooo

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
They can't charge an administrative fee at all. They're offering to let you jump the line for a small bribe.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

They can't charge an administrative fee at all. They're offering to let you jump the line for a small bribe.

ooor, and just hear me out...

it’s a scam

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

here we gooooooo

Now I have Jane's Addiction in my head

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

edit: oh I read that wrong

or did I?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...cial-distancing

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

At least it's not a mural of Rush Limbaugh I guess

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Avoid red states forever, texas has only vaccinated 9% lol

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

facetoucher cat posted:

Now I have Jane's Addiction in my head

Ok I’m about to make an edgy controversial statement that rivals schnorkles

It turns out that in hindsight Perry Farrell was NOT a good singer

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
NY variant coming on strong

Yesterday:

https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/1371115804373229574

Today:

https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/1371509341518454790

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Platystemon posted:

It’s incredible how many people are shocked, shocked that the pandemic is in its second year.

What the gently caress did they think was going to happen? Once there was community transmission on every continent, it wasn’t going to just pack its bags and go home.

Um excuse me only 5 of 7 continents have community transmission. 5 of 8 if you count Zealandia.

Loucks
May 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

NPR pure trash as usual. At least this time I guess they didn’t platform a fascist, just endorsed mass murder.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

pfizer is top shelf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Rasczak posted:

Ok I’m about to make an edgy controversial statement that rivals schnorkles