Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Having done all the gauntlets I would say wait until you get a PS5 to do them because yeah the load times between attempts are brutal

it runs at 60 fps on ps5 as well ftw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

REturning to Ashina under attack is really cool and it's neat having to get your idols back with new enemies and stuff. But then the roof that's covered in purple ninjas that activate in packs then a boss fight with two purple ninjas made me turn the game off lol. Anything other than fodder in more than a 1v1 is miserable in this game

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

EmmyOk posted:

REturning to Ashina under attack is really cool and it's neat having to get your idols back with new enemies and stuff. But then the roof that's covered in purple ninjas that activate in packs then a boss fight with two purple ninjas made me turn the game off lol. Anything other than fodder in more than a 1v1 is miserable in this game

I haven't fought those purple roof ninjas since the first time I played the game. It's awful

RE: The double ninja bossfight you can use a sugar that makes you more stealthy and sneak kill the one hiding behind the corner. You can even puppeteer the first one to fight the second one for a bit!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Man with Hat posted:

I haven't fought those purple roof ninjas since the first time I played the game. It's awful

RE: The double ninja bossfight you can use a sugar that makes you more stealthy and sneak kill the one hiding behind the corner. You can even puppeteer the first one to fight the second one for a bit!

Rad lol, adds to boss fights are generally my least favourite of the from stuff. Tried steal thing the roofs once or twice but you're so blind up there it seems one wrong step and a horde of purples are on your rear end. Nightjars made more sense because they weren't as dangerous so being ganged up on was winnable when you messed up. Not as fun with purples though they're a tonne of fun in Solo fights

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the purples are cool with all the kicks but I feel like they become the peak of ‘bait out the thrust then mikiri counter’ routine that you kinda fall into

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Man with Hat posted:

this worked really well lol. fun standing back and watching them, didn't even need sugar. Had come through the window the first time so got rushed instantly by both. Second time had assumed a ninja followed me through the window so same again. Third time the boss didn't activate for a bit so I assumed maybe you could fight the other guy near the door and be fine. My point being I had totally forgotten about trying to sneak and puppetry lol.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the purples are cool with all the kicks but I feel like they become the peak of ‘bait out the thrust then mikiri counter’ routine that you kinda fall into

Yeah they're bit rote now, even when they kick you into a corner and you can't see the rhythm is consistent enough to still parry and mikiri the second you see the kanji. Still fun enemies imo but a bit miserable in packs

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
the room with a poison ninja in the center and a regular ninja in the corner always kills me like 15 times b/c i want the shrine so bad before i remember there's another door that's behind both of them.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
idea for sekiro 2 boss: a large asian baby

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

idea for sekiro 2 boss: a large asian baby

Greetings, Sekiro 2 boss.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
gently caress!!!!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Greetings, Sekiro 2 boss.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Taking on Owl where I fought Genichiro. A pal warned me to create a cloud save before the Owl interaction as it's a branch point so had figured I'd be fighting him if I chose to break the Iron Code. Also had been big sus of him since I was stabbed with a giant katana in Hirata estate and he's the only guy who's a giant in the whole game p much lol. Got to his seton phase on my third try and had him a few hits from death on my 6th so feel like I can def get him soon or perhaps in 20 tries. Though if he has three phases then lol.

What happens if you attack him when he drops on his knees and begs you to wait? I waited for ages then he attacked when I walked away (assume this is the trigger). But then next time I got to his second phase he didn't do it but I was waiting for it and got owned lol. Surprising as I have to talk to him and get his cutscene each time to start the fight

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also the fight is just insanely sick with him using all these shin obi weapons like the poison and the heal blocker and firecrackers

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the owl fight is godlike. its so sick

if you choose to follow the iron code it asks if youre really really sure a few times and stops just short of being like "really? youre really gonna be a piece of poo poo?"

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

owl's probably my favorite boss fight, its so loving good

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

the owl fight is godlike. its so sick

if you choose to follow the iron code it asks if youre really really sure a few times and stops just short of being like "really? youre really gonna be a piece of poo poo?"

Lol I remember when I tried to break it earlier when Kuro asked the game just goes "sorry no dice" and made me keep to it.

Really liking the boss fight but praying for no third phase considering he change up in phase 2. Can't wait for the traditional totally fail run after an insanely good run

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Small piece of advice for second phase (spoiler tagging just in case you wanna do it yourself)

Contact Medicine, the thing that poisons you but with very weak poison is actually useful here. It's the kind of thing I'd forget I even had in the inventory at this point because it sure as poo poo isn't useful up to this point

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I never read tips u till I win and find out how stupid I am lol. Think the only thing I’ve googled is how to do lightning reverse because the in game tooltip and loading screen were different and I couldn’t practice it on Hanbei

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to say owl is my favorite fight but then I think about all the other bosses I like and I can't decide. Sekiro's bosses are all awesome as hell imo

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
How my blood boils! Come, face me Sekiro!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Granny can gently caress off. And the purple dude. Hate those guys.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I like the purple guys but the rooftops where they roam in packs with dogs they're AIDS

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Also the fight is just insanely sick with him using all these shin obi weapons like the poison and the heal blocker and firecrackers

violently being humbled by his mikri counter after using it for the entire game ftw

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

violently being humbled by his mikri counter after using it for the entire game ftw

he can do that??

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

he can do that??

Use the spear

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think the only shin obi tool I ever use is the shurikens on the dogs and never in a boss fight except blazing bull where it didn't even work well

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

you don’t need the spear just try doing the hold light attack stab on him

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

EmmyOk posted:

Taking on Owl where I fought Genichiro. A pal warned me to create a cloud save before the Owl interaction as it's a branch point

🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

Granny can gently caress off. And the purple dude. Hate those guys.

:fuckoff:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i love that the purple guy is the most insane miniboss that took me 30 tries and then he shows up 2 levels later as a regular enemy and now he's got friends

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Took down Owl on my tenth try or so in the sweatiest fight of all time. Used Mortal Blade when he was between death blows for decent damage then again midnight by mistake but it landed lol. However I then had no spirit emblems to shuriken him when he was recovering his posture as he always did it after his poison splash and I dodged back expecting his dash from phase 1 and early phase 2 so it's a wash. Knew I had him with HP damage right at the end and with no healing at all left was able to punish his grenades.

The best From fight of all time haven't felt like this since OS but feel much more accomplished

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Man with Hat posted:

Small piece of advice for second phase (spoiler tagging just in case you wanna do it yourself)

Contact Medicine, the thing that poisons you but with very weak poison is actually useful here. It's the kind of thing I'd forget I even had in the inventory at this point because it sure as poo poo isn't useful up to this point

Oh I knew this! I just rarely got poisoned after the first time or two. And figured for the most part it'd be too risky to try use it when he was posture recovering

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

i love that the purple guy is the most insane miniboss that took me 30 tries and then he shows up 2 levels later as a regular enemy and now he's got friends
Yeah lol

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Oh yeah, there's missable content in this game btw so talk and eavesdrop a lot to Emma and Kuro now that you beat Owl. Rest if they just repeat to unlock more talking dialogue.

More specifically after putting the incense together eavesdrop on Kuro to hear him say "do what must be done" or whatever, talk to Emma, ask about it, rest, go upstairs, talk to Emma, rest, go to the Old Grave, talk to Emma, go to the Dilapidated Shrine, eavesdrop from behind the building, talk to Emma, ask her what it's about and ask what she's hiding. Guessing all of that poo poo is drat near impossible.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Man with Hat posted:

Oh yeah, there's missable content in this game btw so talk and eavesdrop a lot to Emma and Kuro now that you beat Owl. Rest if they just repeat to unlock more talking dialogue.

More specifically after putting the incense together eavesdrop on Kuro to hear him say "do what must be done" or whatever, talk to Emma, ask about it, rest, go upstairs, talk to Emma, rest, go to the Old Grave, talk to Emma, go to the Dilapidated Shrine, eavesdrop from behind the building, talk to Emma, ask her what it's about and ask what she's hiding. Guessing all of that poo poo is drat near impossible.

Wormskull posted:

Yeah cool op. Don't forget to get the Forlorn Wolf Coat from the Undead Menagerie by killing the ghosts with dark magic and also don't put any points into agility. Uhhh lets see here probably have a few thousand more tips for you to play this single player game that relies heavily on mystery, rofl. Dark Souls is awesome and remember, yes it's hard but actually it's p. Easy.

Wrote on my iPhone 6 whilst taking a poo poo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Man with Hat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RR2SjCw7e4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Took down Owl on my tenth try or so in the sweatiest fight of all time. Used Mortal Blade when he was between death blows for decent damage then again midnight by mistake but it landed lol. However I then had no spirit emblems to shuriken him when he was recovering his posture as he always did it after his poison splash and I dodged back expecting his dash from phase 1 and early phase 2 so it's a wash. Knew I had him with HP damage right at the end and with no healing at all left was able to punish his grenades.

The best From fight of all time haven't felt like this since OS but feel much more accomplished

it's going to keep happening, one of the best difficulty curves in gaming.

i love how much boss fights feel like fighting games at times. on ng with both difficulty debuffs the only way to beat even early bosses like gyobou is to find a spacing where the ai only uses 2-3 patterns rather than 5-6, taking 20% damage on block is brutal i was getting one shot by strings i'd barely seen. recaptures the first play through