Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Man it really is the Obama years with "how is X supposed to fix stuff in Y days???"

I feel like asking average people to have full solutions to the government's problems is new though. Sounds to me we should just not bother having an elected government if they are so bad at their jobs it's up to random twitter users to tell them how to do them.

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 15:10 on Mar 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Two weeks ago, people were getting probed for predicting the concentration camps would be just as bad under Biden as Trump. The Libs in UsPol were insistent that Biden's centers would be better.

Then the reports of the camps being just as bad started to come out. The feds blocking lawyers from seeing the children, the lack of beds, and family separation still happening. The mod response? Probe anybody who calls them concentration camps. Lmao.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Two weeks ago, people were getting probed for predicting the concentration camps would be just as bad as Biden. The Libs in UsPol were insistent that Biden's centers would be better.

Then the reports of the camps being just as bad started to come out. The feds blocking lawyers from seeing the children, the lack of beds, and family separation still happening. The mod response? Probe anybody who calls them concentration camps. Lmao.

by next month it'll be bannable to mention that we have a southern border at all

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I'm glad the chuds and shitlibs could put aside their differences and agree that Trump wasn't running concentration camps

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Maybe call them Content Generation Camps that might be ok.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

spacemang_spliff posted:

I'm glad the chuds and shitlibs could put aside their differences and agree that Trump wasn't running concentration camps

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

The Nazis didn't run concentration camps either! They were labor camps! God! So much for the tolerant left. :rolleyes:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

spacemang_spliff posted:

this is the bipartisan consensus D&D mods need to achieve full release

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

extremely cool that this is almost word-for-word what the Press Secretary is saying

https://twitter.com/Rowaida_Abdel/status/1371514299429105664

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Focus camps

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

extremely cool that this is almost word-for-word what the Press Secretary is saying

I get the feeling they are but just not ones the administration likes.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
What is that saying about liberals or centrists are just quiet facists or embarrassed facists or something?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The last time the camps were brought up, I suggested we could dump a ton of funding into the foster care system. Fast-tracking the paper-work and background checks, paying foster care parents more, and even paying those willing to move to the border to help look after than children.

The mods said, “maybe you should listen to people who know the foster system hmmm? :smug:” and then immediately disappeared when I told them I have had three foster licenses from three different states and have housed multiple teenagers and adolescents in the last decade, including being a legal guardian of one. :v:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I was told I was crazy to think that dems would rehab Trump's reputation. They're going to have to because Biden's going to keep doing the poo poo trump did.

I figured it would be when MTG or my pillow guy was president but nope they're going to have to do it before 2024 lmao

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

lmao

Extremely healthy administration

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

What is that saying about liberals or centrists are just quiet facists or embarrassed facists or something?

Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

gradenko_2000 posted:

You know Elizabeth Warren had these "plans" but Biden had to be a sexist pig and run against her. Now we don't have plans for anything.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Don Pigeon posted:

You know Elizabeth Warren had these "plans" but Biden had to be a sexist pig and run against her. Now we don't have plans for anything.

It ain't right!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DoomTrainPhD posted:

The last time the camps were brought up, I suggested we could dump a ton of funding into the foster care system. Fast-tracking the paper-work and background checks, paying foster care parents more, and even paying those willing to move to the border to help look after than children.

The mods said, “maybe you should listen to people who know the foster system hmmm? :smug:” and then immediately disappeared when I told them I have had three foster licenses from three different states and have housed multiple teenagers and adolescents in the last decade, including being a legal guardian of one. :v:

that was such a good bit, like yea there was a moment when multiple people were just saying 'okay it's not perfect but wouldn't this be a job for the foster system, and we can spend the time and resources we're dumping here on making sure this is a speedy and well funded process?' and then like five perverts who's only experience working with the foster system is watching ABC Family dramas yelling that that's literally impossible

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i would simply put up a "you must be this tall to enter without an adult" sign at the border to keep out unaccompanied children. Everyone else would be given one of those vibrating buzzer things they give you at Cheesecake Factory that will buzz when it's time to have your immigration case heard, and you can just wander around america and check out the gift shop until then.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

DoomTrainPhD posted:

my family was a foster home for kids and while I cant imagine it was ideal for any of the kids (we were strangers to them after all), it was a poo poo load better than a cage with a mylar blanket. I played legos with the kids that came into our house

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

that was such a good bit, like yea there was a moment when multiple people were just saying 'okay it's not perfect but wouldn't this be a job for the foster system, and we can spend the time and resources we're dumping here on making sure this is a speedy and well funded process?' and then like five perverts who's only experience working with the foster system is watching ABC Family dramas yelling that that's literally impossible

don't forget the usual suspects drawing up insane leaps like "oh so you want to toss these kids to child predators huh???"

no probations, of course

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

spacemang_spliff posted:

I was told I was crazy to think that dems would rehab Trump's reputation. They're going to have to because Biden's going to keep doing the poo poo trump did.

I figured it would be when MTG or my pillow guy was president but nope they're going to have to do it before 2024 lmao

yea same I expected this as a concept but I'm shocked it's gonna be dems going 'actually the camps were good' and god knows what else because biden ain't doing poo poo

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

Lmao. My favorite part is the libs arguing against the idea because the foster system is underfunded. NO poo poo. If only we could do something about the funding! IF ONLY THERE WAS A HEAD FUCKER IN CHARGE WHO COULD CAMPAIGN ON THAT!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

spacemang_spliff posted:

my family was a foster home for kids and while I cant imagine it was ideal for any of the kids (we were strangers to them after all), it was a poo poo load better than a cage with a mylar blanket. I even played legos with the kids

yea for people who are obsessed with 'don't let perfect be the enemy of good' as a shield against any critiques D&D sure didn't understand that while the foster system isn't the ideal situation for either party, it's a lot less traumatic than being kept in a loving concentration camp and denied showers and phone access and poo poo!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
dumping money into the foster care system would be a poo poo load more cost effective than running the camps anyway

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

dumping money into the foster care system would be a poo poo load more cost effective than running the camps anyway

???? How does that help equity firms and campaign donors????

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Lmao. My favorite part is the libs arguing against the idea because the foster system is underfunded. NO poo poo. If only we could do something about the funding! IF ONLY THERE WAS A HEAD FUCKER IN CHARGE WHO COULD CAMPAIGN ON THAT!

no one can do anything sorry. the supreme court decided in 1998 that funding for the foster care system has to be randomly drawn from a big bingo ball containers and it would take a constitutional amendment to change it. yeah i don't like the system either but we literally have to follow all of its rules or else we'll look like assholes when we criticize republicans for doing whatever the gently caress they want when they're in power.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

spacemang_spliff posted:

yea at least if we dumped this cash there the leftovers can be used well and all, if we keep dumping money on camps we're gonna just keep building camps!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

really queer Christmas posted:

Yeah there we go.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

really queer Christmas posted:

[Dems]: Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
More like a focus group camp.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Just how much money it's being made at the border, like what contractors or firms from hell's butthole are getting rich from this

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Crazypoops posted:

Just how much money it's being made at the border, like what contractors or firms from hell's butthole are getting rich from this

Even $1 in profit is too much.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Excelzior posted:

debating and discussing which euphemism is sufficiently palatable for our concentration camps

if it's good enough for the patron saint of this thread, its good enough for me

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/18/politics/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-concentration-camps-migrants-detention

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

starting to suspect that dems were being a tad disingenuous when they said that we had to vote out trump because we were running concentration camps on the border

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Let's be honest, all of those posters are just embarrassed republocans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/KnowS0mething/status/1371540975634501634?s=20