Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Even odds whether that post of Sarah Z's or the following gets more angry replies:

https://twitter.com/marysuewriter/status/1371616527678459906

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Frankly the problem is that the teens understand the rules too well and when they try to apply them immediately trip over the 8,000 unspoken contradictions.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

It seems that Sarah Z isn't the only one that woke up today and chose violence

https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1371702469445742595?s=19

Good on you, Hbomb!

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

can we please not do another Snyder derail I'm begging you

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hbomb still chasing that prequel-defender high.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Hbomb still chasing that prequel-defender high.

If that's what he wants, he knows what to do :bahgawd:

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
how could you see that exchange between an adult and a "teen" and think its a real conversation that happened. how melted is your brain that you really think teens talk like that

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Jamie Faith posted:

Just be happy i didn't link the other tweet he made on the topic

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

I really need to watch these DCU movies... If this thread is going to debate them endlessly, at least I'll have my dumb opinion to throw on the pile :shepface:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
HBomb I dunno if you still read this thread but if you think Fountainhead's middle school level 'what if you had a cool idea, but mom and dad said no' portrayal of the creative process is 'fascinating' might I suggest literally any other book about that topic, you'll fuckin love it my dude.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

sexpig by night posted:

HBomb I dunno if you still read this thread but if you think Fountainhead's middle school level 'what if you had a cool idea, but mom and dad said no' portrayal of the creative process is 'fascinating' might I suggest literally any other book about that topic, you'll fuckin love it my dude.

lol what is this

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

The monkey paw's finger curls, and now the California Ideology is heavily influenced by schools for teenage Wizards. Elon Musk has himself appointed Grand Mugwump of Tesla.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

sexpig by night posted:

now, correct me if im wrong, but due to my ability to read words, but i think it says that he thinks it sucks and you both actually have the same opinions on the book and fundamentally agree

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Jamie Faith posted:

I really need to watch these DCU movies... If this thread is going to debate them endlessly, at least I'll have my dumb opinion to throw on the pile :shepface:

Well what better timing than now, considering THE CUT is coming out in 2 days.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWdL_lywJVg

Snyder cut... good....?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Jamie Faith posted:

Hahaha the Snyder cut releases this week. This thread is doomed, doomed I say!

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

At minimum "film by a single director better than one frankensteined together from two with drastically opposing styles.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I feel like a lot of this teen censoriousness comes from kids understanding some moral perspective in the abstract but lacking the social or cognitive development to know when it makes sense to apply it.

The test for this theory would be whether or not a teenager calls me ableist if I post it on twitter.

It's also nothing new, this is exactly where the term 'Social Justice Warrior' came from too.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

fun hater posted:

now, correct me if im wrong, but due to my ability to read words, but i think it says that he thinks it sucks and you both actually have the same opinions on the book and fundamentally agree

Hbomb’s opinion wasn’t right enough.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Jordan7hm posted:

Hbomb’s opinion wasn’t right enough.

:hai:

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

McCloud posted:

Well what better timing than now, considering THE CUT is coming out in 2 days.

Pants Donkey posted:

Hahaha the Snyder cut releases this week. This thread is doomed, doomed I say!

gently caress it I guess. Off to go :filez: Man of Steel and Batman V Superman (and Wonder Woman and Aqua Man while I'm at it). Should I bother with Suicide Squad?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Jamie Faith posted:

I was thinking about this, but then I learned that the new Snyder Justice League thing is 4 hours long. Not a chance.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Jamie Faith posted:

gently caress it I guess. Off to go :filez: Man of Steel and Batman V Superman (and Wonder Woman and Aqua Man while I'm at it). Should I bother with Suicide Squad?

I would say no, but many would disagree. However I would recommend Birds of Prey, that's loads of fun, Shazam as well, both of which are DCEU films but somewhat stand alone as well.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Ariong posted:

I was thinking about this, but then I learned that the new Snyder Justice League thing is 4 hours long. Not a chance.

I once watched all 3 extended editions of Lord of the Rings in one day. 4 hours is kids stuff to me. Especially in the covid era. :negative:

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Karloff posted:

I would say no, but many would disagree. However I would recommend Birds of Prey, that's loads of fun, Shazam as well, both of which are DCEU films but somewhat stand alone as well.

poo poo I forgot about Shazam! That one looked like alot of fun. And I'll grab BoP too.

Is BoP a sequel to SS? if so, I guess I'll have to watch SS anyway.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

fun hater posted:

how could you see that exchange between an adult and a "teen" and think its a real conversation that happened. how melted is your brain that you really think teens talk like that

sorry, but fandom is pretty insane nowadays. there isn't anything about this that isn't believable aside from the fact that the dm didn't involve insults or suicide-baiting right off the bat.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Jamie Faith posted:

poo poo I forgot about Shazam! That one looked like alot of fun. And I'll grab BoP too.

Just make sure you watch the ultimate edition of BvS. Incidentally available on HBO max

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Jamie Faith posted:

It is in a way, but a soft one. There's no continuation of plot details, just Harley Quinn really.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Jamie Faith posted:

Technically yes? But not in any meaningful way.

The weirdest part of BoP is that they keep calling Holly Robinson "Cassandra Cain".

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

McCloud posted:

Just make sure you watch the ultimate edition of BvS. Incidentally available on HBO max

What's the difference between the 'normal' version and the ultimate edition?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Turpitude II posted:

sorry, but fandom is pretty insane nowadays. there isn't anything about this that isn't believable aside from the fact that the dm didn't involve insults or suicide-baiting right off the bat.

yeah I've known kids who act just like that. often but not always k-pop avatars. they mean well but they've kinda grown up in and internalized the twitter culture around getting popular through crusading over specific issues that they are persistent in even when they're wrong. you find them a lot in queer spaces trying to define and enforce rigid taxonomies over different identities.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Jamie Faith posted:

What's the difference between the 'normal' version and the ultimate edition?

The theatrical cut was cut to the bones.
There's a lot more connective tissue in the UE. The theatrical cut for instance almost cut out all the parts of Clark Kent investigating the Batman brutalizing criminals, which is what makes him go after Batman in the first place.

Basically it helps clarify some of the major plot points and adds some characterisation and character beats.

My personal opinion is that it goes a bit too far in overexplaining some stuff, the ideal version is between the TC and the UE, but overall the UE is widely considered to be the far superior version, to the extent some people that hated the TC did a 180 on the film after seeing the UE because the films intentions "clicked"

I think there's like 20 minutes of extra footage. And a surprise cameo from Jimmy Olsen!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

MonsieurChoc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyRz4vq7WKs

Someone linked Armchair Auteur in this thread a while ago and I like his stuff. He doesn,t get anough views imho.

talks too soft and quiet, talks too fast, and yet video takes too long to take off

this might kill when written down but I skipped pretty fast

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

McCloud posted:

There's a lot more connective tissue in the UE. The theatrical cut for instance almost cut out all the parts of Clark Kent investigating the Batman brutalizing criminals, which is what makes him go after Batman in the first place.

Basically it helps clarify some of the major plot points and adds some characterisation and character beats.

My personal opinion is that it goes a bit too far in overexplaining some stuff, the ideal version is between the TC and the UE, but overall the UE is widely considered to be the far superior version, to the extent some people that hated the TC did a 180 on the film after seeing the UE because the films intentions "clicked"

I think there's like 20 minutes of extra footage. And a surprise cameo from Jimmy Olsen!
I still cannot imagine how bad the theatrical cut must have been if what I watched was the improved version that makes sense.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Mr Phillby posted:

I still cannot imagine how bad the theatrical cut must have been if what I watched was the improved version that makes sense.

It's absolutely atrocious. I thought the Ultimate did improve things but was still bad imo.

Karloff fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 16, 2021

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

McCloud posted:

Isn't that cameo just him getting shot in the face?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah, but considering how much of a jerk he becomes in the comics humanity and Superman were saved a lot of grief down the road.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Fil5000 posted:

Isn't that cameo just him getting shot in the face?

It's a cameo that will blow your mind!

Mr Phillby posted:

UE owns bones. Both versions make sense, it's just that the theatrical cut implies while the UE outright states.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
The character bears no resembelence to Jimmy at all and gets shot to death the second he speaks his name. If I undestand correctly the Teatrical cut just didn't include the bit where we learn his name which would have been preferable tbh.

Its a weird little mean spirited touch imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Zack Snyder read all of the Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen comics as a kid and never forgave him for all the grief he put Superman through.