Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

the sex ghost posted:

I love a min/maxed regen. Robben levels of 'can do one single thing, but does it better than anyone else in the world'

Dribbling of 20 but single-digit Pace is hilarious. Just going around everyone very slowly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

sebzilla posted:

Dribbling of 20 but single-digit Pace is hilarious. Just going around everyone very slowly.

I love that it's completely useless too. Guy can beat a man over and over and over, but never actually get far away from him to play a ball that isn't blocked

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

sebzilla posted:

Sounds like Alex Hleb to me. He was one of the best dribblers I ever saw at Arsenal, but never seemed to actually go past anyone.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bogan Krkic posted:

I love that it's completely useless too. Guy can beat a man over and over and over, but never actually get far away from him to play a ball that isn't blocked

Dribbling is an underrated defensive midfielder attribute for those annoying times they get turned around and don't have a simple pass to play. They don't need to beat a man just create a bit of space rather than getting tackled or playing a suicidal blind crossfield ball.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i got a genuine world class regen who can only play MR, so i built a 4-4-2 around him rather than risk nerfing his stats by teaching a new position. no regrets, totally worth it. he’s a complete physical beast and scores 10 goals a season just from zooming into the back post to meet crosses from the left and outjumping everyone. i love you so much massimo rossi

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

jesus WEP posted:

i got a genuine world class regen who can only play MR, so i built a 4-4-2 around him rather than risk nerfing his stats by teaching a new position. no regrets, totally worth it. he’s a complete physical beast and scores 10 goals a season just from zooming into the back post to meet crosses from the left and outjumping everyone. i love you so much massimo rossi

Wouldn't AMR be similar enough it won't nerf any attributes?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Maybe! I didn’t want to gently caress around and find out

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

jesus WEP posted:

i built a 4-4-2 around him rather than risk nerfing his stats by teaching a new position.

lmao

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
My favorite part of world class regens is watching my assistant recommendations. Got a proper wonderkid shadow striker out of my academy, easily the best I've ever gotten in any fm save. 19, model citizen, wasn't interested in a 176mil bid from Chelsea, easily my star player, won u21 world young player of the year, european golden boy, nxgn award, euro cup top scorer, german footballer of the year, german young footballer of the year, and two other awards I can't remember off the top of my head.

Assistant recommends I reduce his playing time to hot prospect

Where's the "send for a drug test" staff interaction?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

This is why I play!

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Masonity posted:

This is why I play!

The best player Andorra ever had

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Sad King Billy posted:

The best player Andorra ever had

Best Aussie ever too. Makes Tim Cahill look like... Any other Australian footballer ever.

edit: I actually regret letting Knight go. I couldn't turn down £200mil, but he was an absolute goal machine for me. But my philosophy is that everyone has their price.

Masonity fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 16, 2021

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I love it when you get a regen with two nationalities absolutely mug off the bigger side. I remember an old save with Leeds where the £100m striker born in Guiseley told England to gently caress off and went on to win 130 odd caps for Sierra Leone to presumably make his granny proud

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

I love it when you get a regen with two nationalities absolutely mug off the bigger side. I remember an old save with Leeds where the £100m striker born in Guiseley told England to gently caress off and went on to win 130 odd caps for Sierra Leone to presumably make his granny proud

Yeah Ben Knight came through Liverpool's youth system (before I stole him), and could have played for England. Instead, he's Australia's top ever goalscorer with 79 international goals at the ripe old age of 23.

If he'd picked England I might have had to keep him.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

sebzilla posted:

MLS-era Valdarrama?

the sex ghost posted:

Not dual nationality yet but my Newmarket squad came with a 16 year old Faroese kid.

It is now my ultimate mission to get him capped by the Faroe Islands before he leaves the club.

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 17, 2021

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Season started to falter just before the usual halfway mark when in comes the news that the Norwegian Prem has gone up in the world rankings, and now gets an extra Euro competition place, effective immediately. Top 4 target becomes top 5. Pressure right off. Thanks Rosenborg, sorry about rejecting you.

Hopefully I can push it up a few more spots when my first Euro Cup 2 campaign starts, and I don't get punked by some Lithuanian pub team in the first qualifying round.

edit: St. Gallen of Switzerland. Tough but July fixture should be to my advantage as I'll be mid-season.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 17, 2021

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Sure, isn't that the part of preseason where they have to spend a week in the Alps reenacting Sound of Music?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

sassassin posted:

Dribbling is an underrated defensive midfielder attribute for those annoying times they get turned around and don't have a simple pass to play. They don't need to beat a man just create a bit of space rather than getting tackled or playing a suicidal blind crossfield ball.

This was pretty much why Mousa Dembele was so good, the ability for a DM to carry the ball upfield is really underrated irl and in game

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I brought Bale in on trial and after playing him in two friendlies I kind of dig the wide target man thing. Just a big lump standing on one side of the pitch smashing in shots and crosses without any other care in the world.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

sassassin posted:

I brought Bale in on trial and after playing him in two friendlies I kind of dig the wide target man thing. Just a big lump standing on one side of the pitch smashing in shots and crosses without any other care in the world.

Sign him and then loan him back to Spurs.

Art imitates life.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

JustJeff88 posted:

Sign him and then loan him back to Spurs.

Art imitates life.

I haven't asked what he wants in wages yet I want him to turn 33 before horrifying myself. My highest earner (not including the loans) is on £1k/week.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I have a save where I'm managing Juve and have had an issue where offers are being made for players who are on loan at the club. I had to cancel two offers for one player and then right at the end of the window a transfer slipped through for another player (as it turned out I was happy to keep them but that's beside the point).

Has anyone else had this? I am 100% sure that I am in control of all transfers/contracts, I triple-checked after having to cancel the second offer for a particular player.

Edit: Just as an aside, I picked Juve because I wanted to do a save with some money to splash around as I've not done one of those for a while. I was confused as to why my budget was so low until I saw that Ronaldo was on £1M per week :popeye:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Bale's agent left him and he's only after £5k/week. Still too much for 17 free kicks (16 long shots, 15 technique, curls ball, hits free kicks with power...)

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

sassassin posted:

I haven't asked what he wants in wages yet I want him to turn 33 before horrifying myself. My highest earner (not including the loans) is on £1k/week.

That LP of FM... 14? on the archives picked up Mid-30s Messi at one point. He had one fine season playing half-time, became useless in the top echelon during the second season and then retired.

That's one thing I just hate about football... everyone but keepers is basically past it by 31. Association football, that is... in American football everyone is past it at 31 and has multiple brain injuries.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ronald is 36

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I thought I'd have the advantage over St Gallen because it's July but it's the loving winter world cup year so their season's already started. Still hammered them 3-0 in the home leg thanks to two late sucker punch goals on the counter.

But 10 minutes into the second leg it's 3-2 lol.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Moktaro posted:

MLS-era Valdarrama?
I'm pretty sure MLS-era Valderrama did so little running that he actually took smoke breaks during live play.

And he'd still rack up 25 assists in a season.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

ronald is 36

Zlatan is 39 and still owns

Turns out you can play well into your 30s, you just need to be extremely committed to looking after yourself. If you spend every summer on the lash, not so much.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Think it was FM08 where you could sign 44 year old Jean-Pierre Papin, and I think FM12 had that 50+ year old Italian goalie in the database

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sebzilla posted:

Zlatan is 39 and still owns

Turns out you can play well into your 30s, you just need to be extremely committed to looking after yourself. If you spend every summer on the lash, not so much.
i don’t think rooney had a good run of form after he was like 29 lol

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

To be fair, he looked about 40 by the time he turned 25.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Masonity posted:

To be fair, he looked about 40 by the time he turned 25.

No wonder he was so into grannies.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
My favourite line about Rooney was when David Mitchell said 'He can't even count up to how much money he has'

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Out of Europe because of a fullback's "he didn't mean that!!!" cross that dribbled through my keeper's legs in the 92nd minute.

I thought they'd patched that ffs

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It wouldn't even be Football Manager anymore if they patched out the Because gently caress You, Player, That's Why hardcoding

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

jesus WEP posted:

He drank and was on the darts right? No one was surprised he declined so fast.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

sassassin posted:

Out of Europe because of a fullback's "he didn't mean that!!!" cross that dribbled through my keeper's legs in the 92nd minute.

I thought they'd patched that ffs

I've had two instances this season with Newmarket where a defender just stopped and let an attacker have a free run on goal. Yeah it's Tier 8 but come on.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

It wouldn't even be Football Manager anymore if they patched out the Because gently caress You, Player, That's Why hardcoding

It's his first ever goal, aged 34 in the CL final.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I still have nightmares about FM14 and the 'player gets the ball at the corner flag and just dribbles slowly along the goal line past all your static defenders and taps it into the net' bug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

how about when your centre half gets the ball near the halfway line and dribbles back towards his own goal at walking pace before stumbling and leaving the opposition striker 1 on 1