Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

How is there so much hand wringing about immigrants when all you have to do is open biden and let them in. You loving scared some stealth terrorist is going sneak in without thorough vetting via years in prison camps?

Last I checked it was thousands of dumb gently caress head petite bourgeois maga that stormed and sacked our loving capitol building so I really couldn't give one care to the spooky spectre of immigrant terrorists. We are doing just fine with our own domestic terrorist manufacturing, the best in the world even when you count the mass shooters.

It's because some of them are children so gulaging them is more morally responsible than not gulaging them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Because some of those precious children might hurt themselves or get hurt without a gulag around them to protect them from the world's evils

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its a real conundrum for the Democrats, on one hand the Trump administration was so cruel that you have to walk at least some of it back, on the other hand that leads to a lot more migrants which you don't actually want. and then the ongoing climate change is going to cause massive migrations and that's not good for anyone

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Asproigerosis posted:

How is there so much hand wringing about immigrants when all you have to do is open biden and let them in. You loving scared some stealth terrorist is going sneak in without thorough vetting via years in prison camps?

it's also very funny that people are suddenly so concerned with penniless people roaming around the streets of America without two cents to rub together considering America also does that to millions of people who are ostensibly even citizens.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

The Oldest Man posted:

Trump administration migrant detentions as part of immigration detention in the United States (2018–present)[51][52][53][54]

weird, i didnt realize trump built those

:thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I know, but I'd like to make it clear that the option is there, and that they're always welcome to come debate the meaning of concentration camps, instead of making GBS threads themselves and crying to the managers about it. I'd like to make it clear, to others if not themselves (as they lack the necessary introspection) that they have the option of actually confronting the people who disagree with them and they are choosing to instead smash the report button while sobbing about the mean words people are using to describe the most progressive president ever's concentration camps

Why would they? Deep down they know the camps are for concentrating displaced people, but sticking up for their team means doing bad-faith pedantry in their echo chamber so they don't have to think too hard about the contradictions.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i think concentration camps are very bad, and people that defend them are also bad

imo

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i think concentration camps are very bad, and people that defend them are also bad

imo

Agreed, however I think you will find that Biden is not erecting concentration camps, but rather Temporary Compulsory Housing for Undocumented Persons Awaiting Relocation

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Chillgamesh posted:

Agreed, however I think you will find that Biden is not erecting concentration camps, but rather Temporary Compulsory Housing for Undocumented Persons Awaiting Relocation

ah, very good then!

In fact, Im glad we are setting up a system to handle the massive influx of climate based immigration we are gonna see for the next, oh, 50 years. Im confident in our country's ability to handle this monumental task in a humane and dignifying manner.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

sexpig by night posted:

the best part is I 100% remember Ralph being someone who defended AOC and all calling them concentration camps under Trump but now it's 'as someone who's interviewed people...' as if that gives him loving right to my people's suffering. Weird how a bunch of Jewish activists also call these camps what they are, if only Ralph was there to tell us stupid Jews the REAL meaning.

That this guy has supposedly interviewed people and knows the history is especially galling when you consider it took decades for the horrors of the holocaust to actually be fully realized by the public

Look forward to seeing the first migrant genocide memorials being erected in... *checks post-holocaust timeline* 2054

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 18:42 on Mar 16, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Concentration camps is misleading, since conservatives didn't build them

We should call them LIBcentration camps

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Call them Conservation Camps and get the kids on work crews picking up garbage along the interstate

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Teach them some responsibility

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
stop comparing to the nazi concentration camps. these camps where people of a certain ethnic group are gathered in close proximity are not at all the same. this isnt the holocaust!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Egg Moron posted:

Call them Conservation Camps and get the kids on work crews picking up garbage along the interstate

we can put them to work making paper straws

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

conversation camps

how does being imprisoned on no charges in a camp run by pedophiles for an undetermined amount of time make you feel, in three emojis or less

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

loquacius posted:

conversation camps

how does being imprisoned on no charges in a camp run by pedophiles for an undetermined amount of time make you feel, in three emojis or less

☠️2️⃣🇺🇲

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Lib and let die posted:

☠️2️⃣🇺🇲

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

loquacius posted:

conversation camps

:d2a:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

loquacius posted:

conversation camps

🙅 🤡

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Consternation Camps

Just a bunch of libs at brunch wringing their hands over how their hunger to house children of color against their will might be problematic

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Constipation Camp

Rule #1: No making GBS threads or seeing your parents

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

conflagration camps

wait, no

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's happening again

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1371881543153676288

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
connotation camps

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Egg Moron posted:

Constipation Camp

Rule #1: No making GBS threads or seeing your parents

we've gotta do something with all the surplus beef the restaurant industry isn't using

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

"The elites don't owe you anything!" is actually very accurate.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

aw hell yeah pimp!!!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Nothing was learned, it owns

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

These people who insist on working until their 90s are freaks.

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.
Freaks run our government.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm just going to assume that Bloomberg article is written by a Republican to fool gulible dupes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What? He had a pretty explicit and coherent immigration plan. It was one of the few parts of his platform that never changed in the two years he was campaigning.

He said he supported a pause of all deportations in 2019 and in 2021 he issued an executive order to pause all deportations.

They processed and released 97% of the people held by Trump during asylum claims for years in 45 days.

There is a 17-point list of priorities the campaign released and 11 of them are done already, 3 were done but are being held up by court rulings, and 3 are not done.

I think the main argument is that they are moving too slowly and that they weren't prepared for the massive increase of new people coming; not that they have never articulated one.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Convocation camps

g̵a̵t̷h̶e̶r̶ ̸t̴h̵e̸ ̸c̷h̶i̵l̸d̴r̵e̴n̴

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/anarcaleb/status/1371882875709194246?s=20

lol if you haven't figured out that this is all being done by design

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The kids aren't in cages, they're Secure, Contained, and Protected!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Don Pigeon posted:

These people who insist on working until their 90s are freaks.

Power hunger builds as a person ages. It is how someone deals with the knowledge that they will die and there is nothing they can do about it.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

What? He had a pretty explicit and coherent immigration plan. It was one of the few parts of his platform that never changed in the two years he was campaigning.

He said he supported a pause of all deportations in 2019 and in 2021 he issued an executive order to pause all deportations.

They processed and released 97% of the people held by Trump during asylum claims for years in 45 days.

There is a 17-point list of priorities the campaign released and 11 of them are done already, 3 were done but are being held up by court rulings, and 3 are not done.

I think the main argument is that they are moving too slowly and that they weren't prepared for the massive increase of new people coming; not that they have never articulated one.

didnt the biden admin deport a record amount of ppl in the very little time he has been pres? i know im talking to a quote but I am curious about that

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Eggplant Squire posted:

I'm just going to assume that Bloomberg article is written by a Republican to fool gulible dupes.

you should absolutely wiki him he's a loving mess all around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

didnt the biden admin deport a record amount of ppl in the very little time he has been pres? i know im talking to a quote but I am curious about that

HE SAID

HE DIDN'T WANT TO!!!!!

(Yes, they did, a judge ordered a reversal of his deportation ban but he's done nothing to actually fight that decision or used any of his executive powers to lessen the damage, because he's either a racist or a coward, or both.)