Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Oh, get out. gently caress yeah.

Until I get an Alien Isolation sequel I can live with something like this. Brings back fond memories of Alien Trilogy on PS1. Bring that poo poo on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m tired of marines

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So what you’re asking is, how do you get out of this chickenshit outfit?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I miss the AVP RTS for like PS2 or whatever. I want another one of those even if RTS is a dead genre

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Apparently they're modeling the gameplay after Left4Dead. The environs seem a little bright and open for my taste, but at least it'll be better than ACM... right?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

McSpanky posted:

Apparently they're modeling the gameplay after Left4Dead.

And there goes my enthusiasm.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Killing Floor would probably be a better base to copy from, at least it was about setting up choke points and defenses/traps. Plus it has a flamethrower unit already.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

banned from Starbucks posted:

I miss the AVP RTS for like PS2 or whatever. I want another one of those even if RTS is a dead genre

Hell yeah. Enough boomer shooter throwbacks, it's time we started pumping Command and Conquer and Starcraft throwbacks.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want a role playing game where I can play as a WY boss who wants to gather aliens for weapons

And then use them on my enemies

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

I want a role playing game where I can play as a WY boss who wants to gather aliens for weapons

The Sims Aliens

Instead of a house it's a lab where you gently caress with your scientist employees

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

You can do that in the new tabletop RPG (and could in the old Leading Edge RPG, for that matter).

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I dont like board games because no one will play them with me irl.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Leading Edge was a strange company that could only have come out of a very specific timeframe in the tabletop business.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

I dont like board games because no one will play them with me irl.

Me too, which is why I buy them for :airquote: ~*~the lore~*~ :airquote:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I was in a one-shot of the Alien rpg with other c-spam goons, it owns a lot.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

sigher posted:

And there goes my enthusiasm.

Left4Dead was fun for what it was but yeah, that's not Aliens. Xenos en masse are more swarming insects with uncanny cleverness, not mindless ravenous berserkers.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

CelticPredator posted:

If you have an Alexa or some Alexa-enabled device there's an official "ALIEN: Offworld Colony Simulator" game for it:

https://www.amazon.com/20th-Century-Fox-ALIEN-Simulator/dp/B07C4M55NR

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My roommates do...hmmm

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

So something like Evil Genius but with Xenomorphs?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Well, now I'm sad this doesn't exist. Alien: The Company virtually writes itself.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Alien Resurrection Park Creator

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

The more I look at that new game, the more I don't like it.

Initially, I was excited for a new take on Alien: Trilogy that had some action but I HATE online co-op and especially hate AI co-op bots so I'm gonna pass. Really wish they'd give us a follow up to Isolation which is the best Alien game ever and one of the best horror games of all time as well. I'd rather they did Alien(s): Isolation and throw in more monsters with a little more combat than just put an Alien skin on a run of the mill online team shooter.

Somebody in the other Alien thread posted a half hour of gameplay and I got bored just watching it for 10 minutes.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

The_Doctor posted:

Well, now I'm sad this doesn't exist. Alien: The Company virtually writes itself.

The goal is to complete objectives and maximise profits, but things inevitably go off the rails and the end of every level is first person survival horror as you escape to the shuttle with the research data.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Neo Rasa posted:

Alien Resurrection Park Creator

I’d play the poo poo out of this.

Little cartoon people getting chestbursted all over your facility

“Oh nooooo 😞 my third quarter profits are going to be AWFUL 😞 😞 😞 “

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 6, 2021

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Make and Alien RTS where you can build both military units and Alien units, the trade off is that the Alien units are a lot faster and stronger than the military ones but the problem is that they'll gently caress your base up and turn on you because ultimately you barely even control them so you have to make sure your Military is good enough to fight them on the off chance that you need to. Have ever mission require you to end by wiping out the opposition and any Aliens that you've spawned to make sure the planet is clear for colonizing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xenomrph posted:

Yesssss this is exactly what I want lmao.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Xenomrph posted:

:stonk: at all the Research contracts.

:stonk: :stonk: :stonk: at Security's.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Shanty posted:

The goal is to complete objectives and maximise profits, but things inevitably go off the rails and the end of every level is first person survival horror as you escape to the shuttle with the research data.

your goal is to be the only survivor

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hodgepodge posted:

your goal is to be the only survivor

Isn't there already a Capitalism Simulator on Steam?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1371697740317556736?s=21

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Incredibly, the BBC's story reporting Kotto's death claims (three times!) that he played the Alien. :wtc:

BBC News posted:

The actor also played and an extra-terrestrial stowaway in 1979 sci-fi movie Alien

Kotto played a villainous xenomorph in sci-fi blockbuster Alien

In Ridley Scott's Alien, he took the role of a villainous xenomorph acting as the space ship's engineer Dennis Parker.

What the actual gently caress?

Original story here, but I have no doubt it'll be hurriedly edited (without any mention of that having happened).

Edit: yup, they hastily changed it. And no, they didn't say they've done so. :rolleyes:

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Mar 16, 2021

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos

:smith:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Payndz posted:

Incredibly, the BBC's story reporting Kotto's death claims (three times!) that he played the Alien. :wtc:

What the actual gently caress?

Original story here, but I have no doubt it'll be hurriedly edited (without any mention of that having happened).

Edit: yup, they hastily changed it. And no, they didn't say they've done so. :rolleyes:

Hahaha jesus how do you gently caress that up so badly?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I know, right.

I've seen Midnight Run probably 20 times and never recognized him as Alonzo Mosely for some reason.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Someone saw the photo of Bolaji Badejo and said ‘yes that’s him’, I bet you.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

The BBC!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Don’t forget to buy your Alien Easter eggs this year:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Exclusive-Alien-Easter-Egg-Pod-Xenomorph-3-Collectible-Figures-4-Pack/630886818

So festive!

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Just rewatched Prometheus for the first time in a few years. Is it still generally disliked? I love the Alien franchise...so I can see why casual Alien fans were upset and/or disappointed...but all in all...I think it's a pretty fine film for the most part.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I like it as a movie, I don’t care for it much as an Alien movie.

It’s got some neat ideas and visuals that are largely well executed, it’s where it ties itself into ‘Alien’ that it suffers (and doesn’t do ‘Alien’ any favors).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Just rewatched Prometheus for the first time in a few years. Is it still generally disliked? I love the Alien franchise...so I can see why casual Alien fans were upset and/or disappointed...but all in all...I think it's a pretty fine film for the most part.

I think generally out in the mainstream public opinion yea it's still generally thought of as a bad movie and the standard opinion you're supposed to have is that it's bad.

Here you'll find opinions all over the place. Personally I think it's one of the 5 or 6 best sci-fi films we've seen in the 21st century so far.