Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bishibosh
Mar 15, 2021

so excited for this whenever it comes out. I hope they didn't replace Kim and Harry's voice actors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I think the only one that got replaced was Cuno, but the replacement has Cuno's VA's blessing. gently caress DOES CUNO CARE?! I'm looking forward to see what the guy behind the Limbic System/Reptilian Brain does though. Apparently he is going to be voice acting ALL the difference aspects of your character (Authority/Inland Empire/etc). That is a monumental task, and I'll be amazed if he can give them all their own voices without cross contamination.

VVV Ah, I knew I had that mixed up somehow but I couldn't find any articles or anything. Glad for the clarification. VVV

Soysaucebeast fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 16, 2021

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Harry technically has two voice actors now. First you've got Mikee Goodman, who will continue to do the Ancient Reptilian Brain and Limbic System. Secondly, you've got Lenval Brown, the trailer narrator, who's responsible for the Prefrontal Cortex, which is to say all internal dialogue, including skills and whatever random object you happen to be talking to.

e: Cuno and Jean Vicquemare actually shared the same voice actor, that's some quality range.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 16, 2021

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Soysaucebeast posted:

Well apparently we're going to get a drop date for the Final Cut sometime this week. A bunch of people in the discord were thinking it will come out either late this week or early next week based on some really wild thought processes. The dev posted a picture that was just pink, so obviously that's a reference to Pink Floyd, Pink Floyd's [album name I cant remember] came out on March 24th [some amount of] years ago! So obviously it's a secret message that DE is going to drop on March 24th!

It's all conspiracy bullshit to me, but I mean we only have 16 more days in the month and the devs are still insisting that it's coming out in March. So maybe the 24th?

Maybe the game devs got the bad Smarch calendars too?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Lizard Brain all the way but I couldn't stand Limbic System.

A perfectly normal sentence.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Here's some more Ancient Reptilian Brain to tide you all over:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw_lQYFySjg

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I hope the tie gets its own voice.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Soysaucebeast posted:

Well apparently we're going to get a drop date for the Final Cut sometime this week. A bunch of people in the discord were thinking it will come out either late this week or early next week based on some really wild thought processes. The dev posted a picture that was just pink, so obviously that's a reference to Pink Floyd, Pink Floyd's [album name I cant remember] came out on March 24th [some amount of] years ago! So obviously it's a secret message that DE is going to drop on March 24th!

It's all conspiracy bullshit to me, but I mean we only have 16 more days in the month and the devs are still insisting that it's coming out in March. So maybe the 24th?

The Pink Floyd album "The Final Cut" came out on 21 March 1983

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Wafflecopper posted:

The Pink Floyd album "The Final Cut" came out on 21 March 1983

and then sunday rolls around and they're all not now john

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Soysaucebeast posted:

I think the only one that got replaced was Cuno, but the replacement has Cuno's VA's blessing. gently caress DOES CUNO CARE?!

Really? Those interviews implied they replaced most of them (but not Kim and Evrart). Where did they say this?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

bobtheconqueror posted:

I hope the tie gets its own voice.

I hope it's just Inland Empire doing bad puppetry.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

AceOfFlames posted:

Really? Those interviews implied they replaced most of them (but not Kim and Evrart). Where did they say this?

It must have been either here or on reddit, I don't dig for articles much. But everything I'm seeing is just showing the cast for the original DE version and not the new one. I've been wrong before so don't take my word as gospel, but that's what I remember seeing anyway. Guess we'll find out soonish.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I think it's odd because they mentioned having to do a lot of actual voice directing and recording in real studios, which is something that would take a lot of time for people with actual day jobs. At the very least, I don't see the Chapo guys having that sort of time. Nekrashova I can see it since she's an actual actress.

Basically, it's the indie version of "We replaced Peter Dinklage with Nolan North because Peter is always too busy to record new dialogue".

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Suggestion [Heroic: Success] :heysexy:

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
This makes me hope that for any future similar game, the portraits are comically dynamic with a different expression for every part of the player character's personality

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

March 30 is our new release date for the Final Cut!

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Olive Branch posted:

March 30 is our new release date for the Final Cut!

Ahh you beat me!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/632470/view/4929725629735214513

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Reaction Speed [Legendary: Success]

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Devs are answering questions on the Discord right now. The Ask Any Question channel.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Time for me to avoid spoilers,i’m gonna go for a walk on the pier BRB.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
From the discord:

(Mikk is a dev)

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

From the discord:

(Mikk is a dev)

If they got more from British Sea Power I am going to very happy, I've already slammed that album into my ears 1000 times.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

March 30th is still technically March 2021 so my satisfaction prediction is/was accurate :slick:

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

If I had to guess, those new "political side quests" have new tracks. That's my guess. I'm guessing this.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
also there's apparently more stuff coming this week "that will answer a ton of questions"

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Time for me to avoid spoilers,i’m gonna go for a walk on the pier BRB.

Watch out for loose/missing boards :ohdear:

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/TlfFwun.mp4

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.
Giggling at the net worth tracker in that trailer. For real ultra hustlers on that grind.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The trailer still shows the old portraits for the skills. Either incredibly angry at the false advertising or incredibly happy that there might be a toggle, time will tell

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

art cop about to dish some judgement

also hell yeah been putting off to replay ever since it was announced

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Glad it's out soon but really wish it would be a week earlier so I could do a run before MH: Rise comes out. Guess it can be my break after a weekend of MH binging.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Zerilan posted:

Glad it's out soon but really wish it would be a week earlier so I could do a run before MH: Rise comes out. Guess it can be my break after a weekend of MH binging.

Man, same. I'm moving at the end of the month and this comes out smack dab in the middle of everything. I probably won't be able to sit down an play until after the first week of April.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'll find my cocaine skull. who took my cocaine skull.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

uber_stoat posted:

i'll find my cocaine skull. who took my cocaine skull.

Steam recommended me this game, which based on the main character, I couldn't help thinking would have been better titled Harry Du Bois and the Cocaine Skull:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1123770/Curse_of_the_Dead_Gods/

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

just lol if you don't have a framed picture of kim on your wall

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Wafflecopper posted:

just lol if you don't have a framed picture of kim on your wall

What if you are Gary the Cryptofascist?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

EorayMel posted:

What if you are Gary the Cryptofascist?
Then you need to give the nice drunken detective a pie. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Very excited to finally play this game once the Final Cut comes out, mostly because what I've pieced together from reading this thread makes the gameplay sound incomprehensibly complex.