Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Don't need Jordans when you have ups like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Thought for sure this guy was gonna eat it into the stream but I wound up loving him. I don't want to look into it any further but I just imagine this guy doing urbex looking for lost/abandoned shoes and restoring them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/SpecialPuppy1/status/1371848398375125008?s=19

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
RBG was an icon and though it was massively misguided it made sense that people wanted her to stay on the bench. No one gives a poo poo about Breyer.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
"Breyer heading into spring training 'in the best shape of his life,'" writes SC beat reporter.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

RBG was an icon and though it was massively misguided it made sense that people wanted her to stay on the bench. No one gives a poo poo about Breyer.

I understand it was her choice... but man... she was betting on Clinton winning the election and naming a female judge to replace her, and uh that was a bad bet that has left a really ugly mark on her legacy.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It was foolish, vain, selfish, and irresponsible for RGB not to step down under Obama and it will be the same for Breyer if he doesn't step down under Biden.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I understand it was her choice... but man... she was betting on Clinton winning the election and naming a female judge to replace her, and uh that was a bad bet that has left a really ugly mark on her legacy.

Hey, she still had a woman replace her on the bench, so she got half of her wish.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Wouldn't want to be accused of accidentally doing the right thing

https://twitter.com/edbott/status/1371850725190418432

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Home Depot is infamously owned by a real terrible poo poo head.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol some mod in GBS tried to probate me for 6 hours for my mod approved Finn thread

I am back and more powerful than ever

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Ehud, I cleared your probe.

no justice in this world, I tells ya

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

lol some mod in GBS tried to probate me for 6 hours for my mod approved Finn thread

I am back and more powerful than ever

You didn’t provide the mspaints. Biggest fraud since that dude who stole peoples FF money

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Athanatos posted:

my bud!

Amy Pole Her posted:

You didn’t provide the mspaints. Biggest fraud since that dude who stole peoples FF money

lol dude was crazy on the trigger finger

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

It does say he'll draw the spaceships "If Finn wins this contest," which is a condition that's not yet met

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

lol dude was crazy on the trigger finger
par for the course for a GBS mod

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

How in the everloving gently caress is Red Dead Redemption 2 for PS4 still selling for $60 new? It came out in 2018, for God's sake. I'm broke as a joke and have $400 in my checking account right now, but I was going to splurge and buy a video game for the first time in two years because I'm going to be homebound for a few weeks as I recover from all these hospital stays ... but seriously, how is it still $60? That's as ridiculous as first-party Nintendo games never dropping in price.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Timby posted:

How in the everloving gently caress is Red Dead Redemption 2 for PS4 still selling for $60 new? It came out in 2018, for God's sake. I'm broke as a joke and have $400 in my checking account right now, but I was going to splurge and buy a video game for the first time in two years because I'm going to be homebound for a few weeks as I recover from all these hospital stays ... but seriously, how is it still $60? That's as ridiculous as first-party Nintendo games never dropping in price.

it still has a huge following with the online stuff I think

Anyway it's $40 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Dead-Red...ps%2C184&sr=8-1

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
I paid less than that like a year ago I'm pretty sure. Just wait for it to go on sale.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Timby posted:

It goes on sale pretty often, you just kind of have to wait for the right time.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
lol it was $20 in November

https://slickdeals.net/e/14590459-red-dead-redemption-ii-xbox-one-ps4-20-free-curbside-pickup?src=SiteSearchV2Algo1

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Timby posted:

If you're looking for it on PC it's 40 bucks on the Epic store too apparently.

I have played like 1 game from the Epic thing, but I own like 25 games now which I have paid exactly zero money for.

e: yeah it'll go on sale again eventually, but I can understand you not wanting to wait for since you're in a celebratory mood right now.

Oh duh you said PS4, nevermind.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 16, 2021

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

It does say he'll draw the spaceships "If Finn wins this contest," which is a condition that's not yet met

yeah and I ended up deciding to just do it anyways because I need to get in touch with my artistic side!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It was free with Xbox Game Pass for awhile but I think that's over, sorry.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Silly Burrito posted:

It was free with Xbox Game Pass for awhile but I think that's over, sorry.

I'm a broken record on this, but Game Pass is such an amazing value everyone with PC or xbox should have it. They just re-added pretty much everything Bethesda has made except Doom 2016 last week, which lets me beat my other drum of "everyone should play Prey".

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I just deleted mine on my hard drive and I should be able to find the disc. I’ll send it to you Timby

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Athanatos posted:

demod the bum imo

as for RGB it's not like we don't already have evidence that mitch would have used any and all excuses to not confirm a new justice

Hell the dude publicly said before the 2016 election that if Hillary won he'd just hold off on confirming anyone until 2020

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Grittybeard posted:

If you're looking for it on PC it's 40 bucks on the Epic store too apparently.

My laptop dates back to ... 2015, I think. About the fanciest game I can run on it is FTL. :v:

Grittybeard posted:

e: yeah it'll go on sale again eventually, but I can understand you not wanting to wait for since you're in a celebratory mood right now.

Eh, it's less celebratory and more "I'm going to need to pass the time between now and whenever I get a job and there are only so many times I can replay Alien Isolation or GTA5," but yeah, I've been wanting to get on RDR2 for a while.

Although I guess the new MLB The Show is coming out soon, too, and my most recent version of that is from 2018. Maybe it's time to throw some poo poo up on Facebook Marketplace to raise some extra bucks...

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My dude says he wants it on PS4 and everyone joins in to tell him where else he can get it smh

Timby posted:

My laptop dates back to ... 2015, I think. About the fanciest game I can run on it is FTL. :v:

Eh, it's less celebratory and more "I'm going to need to pass the time between now and whenever I get a job and there are only so many times I can replay Alien Isolation or GTA5," but yeah, I've been wanting to get on RDR2 for a while.

Although I guess the new MLB The Show is coming out soon, too, and my most recent version of that is from 2018. Maybe it's time to throw some poo poo up on Facebook Marketplace to raise some extra bucks...

Target usually has random sales of games too. I got Control a while back for like $14 and a few others too.

Fenyx Rising was fun and it's on amazon for $30

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 16, 2021

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I'm a broken record on this, but Game Pass is such an amazing value everyone with PC or xbox should have it. They just re-added pretty much everything Bethesda has made except Doom 2016 last week, which lets me beat my other drum of "everyone should play Prey".

Ok, I'll add that to the stack, but I have about 4-5 metroidvanias from Game Pass that I need to play too. :)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
You play Horizon: Zero Dawn yet? That's frequently on sale and pretty deep.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Skwirl posted:

You play Horizon: Zero Dawn yet? That's frequently on sale and pretty deep.

I actually have HZD sitting on the shelf, still in its shrinkwrap. It's the last gift my ex-wife ever gave to me. One day I'll finally open that bastard up and see what the hype is all about.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Timby another idea is have you tried GameFly? They have a 30 day free trial then it's like $10/mo or something after that for one game out at a time. RDR2 is probably old enough that they have plenty of copies

Timby posted:

I actually have HZD sitting on the shelf, still in its shrinkwrap. It's the last gift my ex-wife ever gave to me. One day I'll finally open that bastard up and see what the hype is all about.

Oh dude it's so good you gotta break it open

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It was Dewey who was preordained to live an easy and happy life.

This doofus that used to hang out with us thought he could just live stream whatever and get Twitch famous, and we were just like okay whatever have fun. At one point he had like 10 people watching us gently caress around with some lovely mini bike and some German dude in the chat says “Lol dude in the red shirt looks like Dewey from Malcom in the Middle” and all of my friends looked at me like :haw: and I’ve pretty much just been Dewey ever since.

To be fair, I’m totally cool with it, because Dewey is the best character in that show alongside Hal.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Timby posted:

It's good, and while there's an expansion pack, it's harder than most any of the base game so you don't have to feel like you should get until you've firmly made up your mind if you like the game or not.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

I put HZD on my Steam wishlist last time it came up in this thread, and it has yet to go on sale :(

T-Square
May 14, 2009

RDR2 owns, no one ever told me what my pro-rated amount of vacation or elective holidays were when I started my job last year until December when some director was like “yeah you have like 11 days you need to burn before the end of the year” so I got RDR2 on sale for $20 and basically drank a lot of whiskey and played that for two weeks straight. The guns and shooting feel so satisfying and making long treks on your horse is relaxing. Controls kinda suck though.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Timby another idea is have you tried GameFly? They have a 30 day free trial then it's like $10/mo or something after that for one game out at a time. RDR2 is probably old enough that they have plenty of copies

Oh, word? I tried GameFly ... wow, back when I lived in Iowa, so this would have been sometime prior to 2010. I wasn't impressed with the service because their infrastructure was so small that it took forever to receive a game in the mail, so I canceled after a few months. Just looked at the tiers; $5 per month for three months, $8.95 per month after, one disc out at a time, that doesn't seem like a bad deal.

Although using the free trial seems to lock you into their $15.95 / month plan, which feels kind of sketchy to me.

In any event, thank you for reminding me that GameFly exists, I had totally forgotten about it. :)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I've been replaying RDR 2 over the last couple of weeks and been having a good time, except for the Legendary Buck that keeps refusing to show up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I feel like Rockstar games are what happens when your animations and physics departments have significantly more pull than anyone who can make an argument for gameplay. I'm one of the rare people who likes the driving physics in GTA v though. It's obviously no simulation but the fact that it's not totally arcady makes the random nonsense that happens feel much more satisfying.