Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm trying ng+ for the first time and I uh think I might turn that debuff off... I'm not hardcore enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
charm is harder than bell, but the extra hp and damage from ng+ makes it doable. it's the same game, being aggressive and playing close but patient enough to wait for attacks you know you can punish is still what works.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

more spoilers

Dynamic horse testicles, they shrink in cold weather
Name your horse
You can scold or praise your horse
Whistle radius grows when the horse bond grows
Horse equipment is fully customizable, from the saddle that has golden pins to the hair
A Dutch preview said they put dreadlocks in the hair of their horse
Horses poo poo dynamically
Walk your horse around
Jump from your horse onto a moving train
Brush your horses. Arthur makes remarks about the horse depending on the horses gender
Store horses in stables so you have more backup horses
Horses die and can't be resurrected
Tell a horse to flee to spare it's life
Horses kick behind them. In one preview they even killed a man
Horses have personalities
Horses move sideways
Horses can learn tricks

mysterious loyall X posted:

The oni's (japanese ogres) bhole dynamically chafes depending on wether hes wiped with cheap sorghum fibers or more luxurious silk after devouring your samurai depending on what you were wearing. Only on the xbox one ex

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i always read the horse post like a very long haiku and there's windchimes and poo poo in the back

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

i always read the horse post like a very long haiku and there's windchimes and poo poo in the back

Dynamic horse balls
They will shrink in cold weather
You can name your horse

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Dynamic horse balls
You can name your horse

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Horses kick behind them.
Horses poo poo dynamically.
Horses move sideways.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lmfao

but more seriously. Can you stop Owl doing is posture recovery? It goes off so fast and behind his poison obstacles, does a shuriken work? Had no emblems so couldn't try. Asked a pal how they dealt with it but she said it only happened once but he did it to me 4 times so the fight took ages lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Dynamic horse balls
You can name your horse

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

lmfao

but more seriously. Can you stop Owl doing is posture recovery? It goes off so fast and behind his poison obstacles, does a shuriken work? Had no emblems so couldn't try. Asked a pal how they dealt with it but she said it only happened once but he did it to me 4 times so the fight took ages lol
I just did a thrust attack when he did it, usually worked in time. Note that doing thrust attacks on him is a bad habit to get into

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if you reduce an enemy's life
their posture recovery
will slow in proportion

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

lmfao

shuriken + followup attack should probably do it but i personally just run straight for his rear end and do the thrust 99% of the time

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ty friends. When I beat him it was insanely sweaty (reduced to my pellets ftw) and super deep into the fight so didn’t want to risk running through his poison when he did it before the posture heal. Love that I can just replay him in memory now though

Used mortal draw after his first deathblow then totally by accident later and got massive damage on him but used up all my emblems for shurikens lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

basket, basket, aahhhh
I'm hiding in this basket;
I am a basket.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Horses kick behind them.
Horses poo poo dynamically.
Horses move sideways.

Two turntables and a microphone

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Ty friends. When I beat him it was insanely sweaty (reduced to my pellets ftw) and super deep into the fight so didn’t want to risk running through his poison when he did it before the posture heal. Love that I can just replay him in memory now though

Used mortal draw after his first deathblow then totally by accident later and got massive damage on him but used up all my emblems for shurikens lol

mortal draw fuckin owns so hard. doing a visible chunk of damage feels like a rare treat in sekiro

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

mortal draw fuckin owns so hard. doing a visible chunk of damage feels like a rare treat in sekiro

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I should give this another playthrough now that I'm in the 5 club... apparently it runs a solid 60 on PS5

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I should give this another playthrough now that I'm in the 5 club... apparently it runs a solid 60 on PS5

it looks & feels fuckin great on the next gen systems. its so good dude

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

There's a strong argument to be made that it's the best PS5/XSX game available at the moment and also for the foreseeable future.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

drat. thats basically the only good argument ive seen for upgrading now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

There's a strong argument to be made that it's the best PS5/XSX game available at the moment and also for the foreseeable future.

Fungah! posted:

drat. thats basically the only good argument ive seen for upgrading now

Demon's Souls remake kicks rear end but there's not much reason to upgrade otherwise lol. I never had a PS4 Pro though so some PS4 games are already running better.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

demons souls does kick rear end, but i'm gonna hold off until theres a new game that i want (armored core 6 pls) and then pick up demons souls after that. i'm def looking forward to the jump up from my launch ps4 to a 5 though

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

dark souls 3 on the xbox still looks and runs like loving poo poo, its such a bummer they never gave it a patch

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

dark souls 3 on the xbox still looks and runs like loving poo poo, its such a bummer they never gave it a patch

i watched my brother play it on ps4 and it sucks rear end, it's all at a wobbly 20fps like bb. i hope it gets the next gen boost soon

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

sekiro is a great game

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

extremebuff posted:

i watched my brother play it on ps4 and it sucks rear end, it's all at a wobbly 20fps like bb. i hope it gets the next gen boost soon

it got a ps4 pro patch at some point so it’ll run at 1080/60 on ps5 at least

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I played 3 up to Pontiff till I got burned out playing them all back to back and was gonna say it funs fine ya but I have a pro.

I like lighting reversal but lol if I'm only have to go learn/do it again when Gen crawls out of whatever hole he slithered into

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

I played 3 up to Pontiff till I got burned out playing them all back to back and was gonna say it funs fine ya but I have a pro.

I like lighting reversal but lol if I'm only have to go learn/do it again when Gen crawls out of whatever hole he slithered into

There aren't many chances to use it but there are definitely a few more besides Genichiro at least.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cool I think that’s the one thing I had to google cos the in battle and loading screen tool tips gave different mechanics for it. Also the web said Hanbei should teach it but he never did for me

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

if you reduce an enemy's life
their posture recovery
will slow in proportion

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Nice ppst past self

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Was exploring old areas before finishing off the incense with Kuro and found the snake again. Jesus Christ

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

*smiling, knowingly*

Double ape fight wasn't as bad as feared, could beat his first phase easily enough now especially with the purple brolly. But phase two got sloppy and I died. Beat it second try with my powerful move MORTAL DRAW on the brown ape whenever the other was screaming and once I'd won there was smooth sailing apart from the three times I nearly died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Double ape fight wasn't as bad as feared, could beat his first phase easily enough now especially with the purple brolly. But phase two got sloppy and I died. Beat it second try with my powerful move MORTAL DRAW on the brown ape whenever the other was screaming and once I'd won there was smooth sailing apart from the three times I nearly died.

Lol when I realized the route you had taken I was worried you wouldn't find him. GJ gamer.