Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Why did he say minh and not pol pot lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Grapplejack posted:

dipshits love telling on themselves, see: the biden/harris face mask

ho chi minh's biggest crime was being rebuffed by the US when he went to them for help and then deciding to self start after being told to pound sand

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

mastershakeman posted:

im not gonna go read some lame 17 point biden immigration plan but what is his actual immigration plan

i assume he and his advisers have no idea how much immigration is allowed in the country, considering the last time i saw an actual explanation of it was years ago with some goon citing his masters thesis where he had to pull numbers from 20 different laws

is biden's plan just to continue daca for another decade of perpetual renewals of work visas but not citizenship? I assume that's his real answer

Biden's immigration plan is just some performative things that get a few positive news cycles while not touching the fundamental changes the system has been going through for the past decade. We're still moving from a relatively open (compared to the rest of the "developed" world) system designed to reunite families and relatively tolerant of lower income immigrants and refugees to one that is basically closed unless you're "high skill" or can buy your way in. The first step is to move us to something that resembles Canada or Australia and then to close the door completely.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Minh committed the worst sin of all to the neoliberal, he resisted Western imperialism

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Weembles posted:

I'm being completely earnest here- do the democrats have any policies that aren't just kicking a can down the road for a couple years?

Centrism is not change, not even incremental change. Centrism is power and control.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

because pol pot was an ally of america

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Nothus posted:

Biden's immigration plan is just some performative things that get a few positive news cycles while not touching the fundamental changes the system has been going through for the past decade. We're still moving from a relatively open (compared to the rest of the "developed" world) system designed to reunite families and relatively tolerant of lower income immigrants and refugees to one that is basically closed unless you're "high skill" or can buy your way in. The first step is to move us to something that resembles Canada or Australia and then to close the door completely.

thanks. not surprising no one wants to talk about this directly

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Nothus posted:

How dare you suggest that Biden's extensive actions on immigration are "performative"?!? I'll have you know that the 100 day deportation ban would have affected thousands of immigrants if it wasn't immediately tossed out in court. He's even having the ACLU come in and argue on his admin's behalf! With any luck, they might be able to restore that ban in a few months. Unfortunately that will be past the 100 days, but progress isn't pretty all of the time. Gosh, uninformed leftists just demanding that Biden swing his magic wand and not treat foreign people like dirt under his shoes :rolleyes:

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

bedpan posted:

Centrism is not change, not even incremental change. Centrism is power and control.

But they don't even bother to keep control for the long term. Under Obama, they lost control of the entire federal government and most of the state and local ones as well.

Conservatives try to keep things the way they are and exercise power to do that. Democrats just... sit around watching the world go by as their power ebs and flows like the tide.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Don Pigeon posted:

Freaks run our government.

freaks, we run this mutha (yeah)
freaks, we run this mutha freaks
Who run the world? freaks (freaks)
Who run this mutha? freaks
Who run this mutha?
Who run this mutha? freaks
Who run this mutha?

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/stevenportnoy/status/1371919869172723714
cant wait

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Ok lets play: How many questions will Joe Biden be asked?

I'm guessing: 9 but at least 5 will be completely utterly fluff

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

The boys in the lab are putting in overtime trying to get the right amphetamine stack that he's not resistant to and also won't fry his brain for the next 3 weeks.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

The boys in the lab are putting in overtime trying to get the right amphetamine stack that he's not resistant to and also won't fry his brain for the next 3 weeks.

Nah, they're just gonna Weekend at Biden's him and claim anyone recognizing they're Weekend at Biden'sing him as a Russian and/or Republican propagandist. His SS agents obviously had to remain extremely close to him in light of the horrific attack on 1/6

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
love that the president has to give us over a week notice before they do one of the most basic parts of the job

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Lib and let die posted:

Nah, they're just gonna Weekend at Biden's him and claim anyone recognizing they're Weekend at Biden'sing him as a Russian and/or Republican propagandist. His SS agents obviously had to remain extremely close to him in light of the horrific attack on 1/6

drat, putting dementia Joe out there in the captain pike chair then crying ableism on anyone who says boo seem obvious now.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

The Oldest Man posted:

So given that he's not doing that, and that ICE are criminals operating concentration camps, you would then agree that he endorses concentration camps and his policy on immigration is pro-concentration camp?

Absolutely. That's why making your argument:

A) "1+1=3"
B) "Biden is keeping the concentration camps open"

Is really loving dumb because you look like you don't know what you are talking about and you spend time defending the idea that 1=1=3 for no reason except to do the people impacted by these policies a disservice because you want to defend your pristine posting record instead of focusing on B.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Minh even had the audacity to not respect the borders of Cambodia and laos. Disgusting war criminal!!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Derek Chauvin is totally going to be acquitted, isn't he?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

The Pussy Boss posted:

No. But, he will get a plea down to a citation to make sure justice is done.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Weembles posted:

But they don't even bother to keep control for the long term. Under Obama, they lost control of the entire federal government and most of the state and local ones as well.

Conservatives try to keep things the way they are and exercise power to do that. Democrats just... sit around watching the world go by as their power ebs and flows like the tide.

the point is to keep control away from the proles, which they are very good at

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

what about 4 years of kicking the poo poo out of the south

woudl that solve it?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Weembles posted:

The centrist or moderate worldview does not place very much importance in most government institutions. It may look like the have allowed their strength to drain away unused, but that ignores the real battles liberals fight to do nothing and still keep the money flowing. Any real losses in power to change government have been made up by corporate power, financial power, and the control both this permits over society.

bedpan has issued a correction as of 22:04 on Mar 16, 2021

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The Pussy Boss posted:

nah, he's gonna get a fat settlement from the city for emotional distress and wrongful termination

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Omnibus clown

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
imagine if trump gave us a 9 day heads up about a loving simple solo presser

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
baby can't engage the press without 9 days heads up

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

The Pussy Boss posted:

nah they need a scapegoat but I can imagine murder three slipping to some sort of manslaughter

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Why does every conservative woman have terrible bug eyes like Michelle bachmann

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

The Pussy Boss posted:

lol the jury selection is certainly pointing that way

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

yeah we're going to "house" them. jesus christ.

How about we house some ICE officials in some nice government housing for 20 to life, instead

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

its not a Concentration Camp its a Decompression Chamber

quote:

The federal government will use a convention center in Dallas to hold up to 3,000 young immigrants as the Biden administration scrambles to accommodate the surge of unaccompanied minors seeking entry to the U.S. at the southern border.

According to a memo obtained by The Associated Press, government officials will use the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center as a “decompression center” for thousands of immigrant males between the ages of 15 to 17.

That news follows a report that the government is already operating a tent city for about 1,000 young children outside of Midland, Texas.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

the Srebrenica Decompression Chamber

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Bootleg Trunks posted:

That expression kind of reminds me of when a flash of rage crosses my mind and I think something quickly, so it's probably because conservatives are always seeking those rage-clicks. Some of them seek them in this stupidly smug and self-satisfied style like Trump, while others like them and Tucker Carlson find their success by keeping that rage burning and letting rage seek out rage.

edit: Like when I type "GDP growth is such a poo poo metric that you might as well track the amount of money in the richest American's bank account and assume that it's all proportionate or at least has a positive correlation from there", that flash of rage

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 22:37 on Mar 16, 2021

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

Axeil thinks the problem with the financial and insurance industries is too many regulations.

Axeil also said Tara Reade was lying in order to make money on this very website. And wasn't even punished by a D&D mod for it. Reene pulled the trigger.

I will never forget that poo poo. Never.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

it's literally just 'when we do it it's the good version, actually'. Absolutely the dumbest human beings on the forums, I would say they need live in assistance to feed themselves but I think we do have some actual mentally handicapped posters in these forums who's historical opinions I'd respect more.

It's really amazing; there's literally no actual evidence for the camps being better now, but they just have blind faith.

I expected Biden to at least do some minor thing, which all the liberals would point to as "see? better than Trump!", but we aren't even getting that.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Please do not disrespect such a hotwife.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

its not a Concentration Camp its a Decompression Chamber

You wouldn't download a DECOMPRESSION CHAMBER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I hope he gets a question about the dogs and lets it slip that they've been bootyjedged