Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The athletic has a deep dive into the Drake LaRoche saga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I have a feeling that German is going to be really good this year lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Gotta be honest -- and this is just cause, as you probably know, the pandemic kinda tightened things up for all of us -- personally I would not pay $15Gs for the autograph of Randal Grichuk or Tyler Matzek, at least not until I get the chance to move some money around.

Seems like a better use of money than paying tens of thousands of dollars to own a jpeg

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Huh, I got a box of my old cards in the mail from my folks recently. Guess I should go through and see if there are any hidden gems. Is there a site that breaks down value by series or something?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Any Dick Pole card is priceless.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

the only full set of cards I ever had was 1989 fleer, infamous for this card (the error version was not in my box, sadly)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

actionjackson posted:

the only full set of cards I ever had was 1989 fleer, infamous for this card (the error version was not in my box, sadly)

This is one of the cards that piqued my interest in silly baseball cards and I was stoked when I found someone selling one for like $7

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

this poor man is having an existential crisis

"who am I, really" he asks

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

actionjackson posted:

this poor man is having an existential crisis

"who am I, really" he asks

"Now turn your head and cough"

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

elentar posted:

Nick Markakis is retiring after 15 seasons. He finishes tied for 54th place in career doubles.
just realized this was the result of Nick Markakis' final MLB at bat

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

i posted this in the college thread but it needs a larger audience:

Friday night's Southern Miss v. Louisiana Lafayette got lit.

https://twitter.com/SECbaseball/status/1370771032143958017?s=20

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I had been collecting cards in a "maybe something cool with be in them" way and getting autographs of mostly random guys as my best things (with La Tortuga as my best). I never saw any last year after the shutdown and I assumed Topps just wasn't shipping any really for 2020. It was really because people are speculating on everything now?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Shiroc posted:

I had been collecting cards in a "maybe something cool with be in them" way and getting autographs of mostly random guys as my best things (with La Tortuga as my best). I never saw any last year after the shutdown and I assumed Topps just wasn't shipping any really for 2020. It was really because people are speculating on everything now?
Yes mostly

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

1990 leaf was another really nice looking set from that era. drat the nostalgia is really hitting me. also that white sox logo owned, way better than what they changed it to.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

https://www.sporcle.com/games/75zxcvbnm/thom-brennamans-apology

I put up a shameful 55%. Clearly haven’t actually heard it that many times.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Dinosaurs! posted:

https://www.sporcle.com/games/75zxcvbnm/thom-brennamans-apology

I put up a shameful 55%. Clearly haven’t actually heard it that many times.

Seems nearly impossible to 100% the first time since it treats four-nothing as a single word

e: lol

https://twitter.com/CespedesBBQ/status/1371593985093951489

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 15, 2021

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I got 70% on my first try and I feel ashamed it was that high.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Only 61%, drat.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I know Rule 5 picks have to be on the 25-man roster the whole year or sold back to their old team. What happens if they have to go on the DL the whole year?

https://twitter.com/JohnSheaHey/status/1371598970699489280

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
They keep rule 5 status next year until they spend enough time on the roster.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

76% lol

Acuña continues to mash non-stop dingers in spring training, just being in Florida reminds him of how much he hates the Marlins

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bewbies posted:

OOTP owns and anyone with a passing interest in baseball or sports games in general should get it.

Also MLB The Show is the best non-management sports video game and you should get that even if you don't really like baseball or sports video games.

I wish EHM had the super involved expansion team system that OOTP does

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

last year, mlb extra innings was basically just mlb.tv. like, they just put the mlb.tv feed of whatever game on the right channel.

is that how it's always been? i really was hoping to get the local broadcast via mlb extra innings. but if it's just a more expensive version of mlb.tv, why bother?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

abelwingnut posted:

last year, mlb extra innings was basically just mlb.tv. like, they just put the mlb.tv feed of whatever game on the right channel.

is that how it's always been? i really was hoping to get the local broadcast via mlb extra innings. but if it's just a more expensive version of mlb.tv, why bother?

Aren't the MLB.tv streams the local ones?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Slimy Hog posted:

Aren't the MLB.tv streams the local ones?

That's my recollection as well.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
unless things have changed you can choose between home and away broadcasts, which for most teams is the local fox sports affiliate.

importantly for royals fans this means you can get rex hudler wherever you might be

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

right. so mlb.tv gives you the home and away feeds for each game. but they replace the local commercials with a rotation of like 3 amazingly annoying commercials, and those feeds are delayed by about a minute because they have to route through ny and the mlb.tv infrastructure. for fantasy baseball and gambling purposes, i was hoping for a way to watch the actual, non-mlb.tv home and away feeds that don't have that delay.

\/ the radio feeds through mlb.tv?

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 16, 2021

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
the radio feeds are live if you can do without video for the sake of immediacy.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

News: MASN is rolling out an app this year to stream Nats and O’s games, but the broadcasting rights quagmire means it’s like trying to watch HBO in 2012 and you need a cable subscription or someone’s login.

Views: I look forward to once again watching almost no local games this year as this dumb sport continues to try and kill my rooting interest.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dinosaurs! posted:

News: MASN is rolling out an app this year to stream Nats and O’s games, but the broadcasting rights quagmire means it’s like trying to watch HBO in 2012 and you need a cable subscription or someone’s login.

Views: I look forward to once again watching almost no local games this year as this dumb sport continues to try and kill my rooting interest.

It's hard for me to watch O's games ever since they told Gary Thorne to gently caress off. He and Jim Palmer were one of my favorite broadcasting duos. :(

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I feel you. Gary Thorne’s voice is like butterscotch.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Not good

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1371917678093463552?s=21

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

even his team picture looks like a bloated corpse

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I will go to my grave being mad the Red Sox traded Mookie.
https://twitter.com/CespedesBBQ/status/1371824727719874562.

That's a hell of a profile too.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

God Save the King :smith:

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
If only Felix had played for a semi competent team and didn't need to be perfect in every game. Less high stress miles on that arm and he could have probably kept going for many more years.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
2-1 8innings 5 hits 7 strike outs loss will be carved into his tombstone.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Perfect Game 1-0 Literally Just Pitching To The Score And His Offense, His Best Hitter Was John Jaso For gently caress's Sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I miss John Jaso. Did he come back to shore yet?