Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

The Perfect Element posted:

Ban posting about posting about piss flaps.
This is how you end up not knowing the original Germanic word for bear.

e: Which may have been pronounced not unlike 'eighty six'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Perfect Element posted:

Ban posting about posting about piss flaps.

Start with this post ^^^^

And then this one^^^

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Communist Thoughts posted:

im not sure if it was flaps who gave me this flag but it was just before he ate poo poo and everyone voted to get rid of the loser so i like it now

e: dunno why i have a joe tag but okay. open biden.

Everyone who posted in the Pissflaps Ban thread about something (I forget the details) got that Pissflaps Coalition gangtag. Either for or against or offtopic, I dunno.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

So if Labour eat poo poo in this by-election and then in the locals, how will the Guardian blame Owen Jones?

Trash Future this week has Kesvani talking about how he went to check on the die-hard Starmer twitter bubble and how they were almost talking as if Starmer didn't exist, instead focusing on grievances about CLPs and the ever-present danger of the Owen Jones.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Tesseraction posted:

So if Labour eat poo poo in this by-election and then in the locals, how will the Guardian blame Owen Jones?

Trash Future this week has Kesvani talking about how he went to check on the die-hard Starmer twitter bubble and how they were almost talking as if Starmer didn't exist, instead focusing on grievances about CLPs and the ever-present danger of the Owen Jones.

they will probably unironically blame the NIP, label them corbynism continued and talk about how antisemetic it is to oppose labour.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Tesseraction posted:

better longevity with making jones a boogieman i suppose. optics of kicking an old man not optimal, much better to target a mouthy minority.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

they will probably unironically blame the NIP, label them corbynism continued and talk about how antisemetic it is to oppose labour.

they'd never say the latter, that would imply the conservatives can be antisemitic.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Lol continuing from Burchill's "Oops I'm a racist" tweet:

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1371816648131411970?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
btw Feminist City is free as an ebook on Verso for the next few days, looks to have some good points on public spaces and policing (they know what they did, that's why it's been made free) and so on.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Flayer posted:

It's worse, they aren't even a different ethnicity ffs. It's hipster nationalism.

Japanese and Koreans are the same ethnicity, but feel free to tell them it's hipster nationalism.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Jedit posted:

Japanese and Koreans are the same ethnicity, but feel free to tell them it's hipster nationalism.

rocking up to the balkans and saying to all former yugoslav countries "uhh, seems like youve got some hipster nationalism going on lads"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Gavrilo Princip was the OG Hipster Nationalist

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I watched the first ice hockey World Cup after the fall of the Soviet Union Live and in person and can tell you that this is A Lie.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
https://twitter.com/gavinmit/status/1371908021958418432

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

DesperateDan posted:

they wrote a really long manifesto about how races should be kept separate for the good of humanity if my memory serves

and it was my local lidl actually

I think it was Asda.

And given my wife is a black woman from Mississippi and I'm a white dude from Hampshire I did kind of take it personally.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

feedmegin posted:

I think it was Asda.

And given my wife is a black woman from Mississippi and I'm a white dude from Hampshire I did kind of take it personally.
Can't blame you

Lidl's much better than Asda

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Any labour rebels or did they just get enough of a boost from the DUP and other assorted flag fuckers?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Any labour rebels or did they just get enough of a boost from the DUP and other assorted flag fuckers?

pretty sure ian paisley jr actually spoke out against the bill pretty strongly, in one of the most cursed "worst guy you know makes a good point" moments.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Don't think they've released the breakdown yet.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
yeah good luck enforcing that poo poo in NI lol

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Here's a reasonably informative bloggage about the AstraZeneca vaccine and European countries and all that

Edit: the main fact seems to be: "AstraZeneca has said that they’re aware of 15 events of deep vein thrombosis and 22 events pulmonary embolisms, but that’s in 17 million people who have had at least one shot" - i.e. if that is accurate, that's literally 1-2 in a million, and literally the same frequency or less than that would happen without any vaccine at all

jaete fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 16, 2021

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

no labour rebels - four didn't vote but that could be for any number of reasons

The DUP abstained which bumped up the Tory majority

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

jaete posted:

Here's a reasonably informative bloggage about the AstraZeneca vaccine and European countries and all that

Edit: the main fact seems to be: "AstraZeneca has said that they’re aware of 15 events of deep vein thrombosis and 22 events pulmonary embolisms, but that’s in 17 million people who have had at least one shot" - i.e. if that is accurate, that's literally 1-2 in a million, and literally the same frequency or less than that would happen without any vaccine at all

While the contraceptive pill is like 7 in 10000.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Salisbury Snape posted:

While the contraceptive pill is like 7 in 10000.

Nice try Salisbury Snape but we're not going to halt use of the pill for 72 hours.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Tesseraction posted:

Nice try Salisbury Snape but we're not going to halt use of the pill for 72 hours.

Drat, back to the drawing board for global domination.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Didn't even get a push notification. Utterly foul little cesspit of a country.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Jedit posted:

I don't think they are. I mean ethnicity is kind of a woolly idea but I'm pretty sure this is incorrect.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

jaete posted:

The CoVID IFR is like 0.1% across all age groups so it's 1 in 1000 chance of death. 1 in a million risks aren't even worth quoting.

It's like a surgeon telling you that you might die because the light fixture snapped and brained you halfway through your op. Freak accident territory.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/67a700ab-4500-4fdb-802b-f2e06854f6e1?in=19:21:00&out=19:52:00 David Davis using parliamentary privilege to discuss the murky dealings in the Salmond case.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

HopperUK posted:

I don't think they are. I mean ethnicity is kind of a woolly idea but I'm pretty sure this is incorrect.

They aren't the same, which is I think Jedit's point RE: Scottish/English.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They're the same according to the UK census that merges everywhere east of Bengal into an amorphous East Asian blob and China.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

kustomkarkommando posted:

no labour rebels - four didn't vote but that could be for any number of reasons

Think I know why one of them didn't

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh yeah the census doesn't really care about specifics you're either Native, Forrin, or some kind of mestiçao.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Lungboy posted:

https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/67a700ab-4500-4fdb-802b-f2e06854f6e1?in=19:21:00&out=19:52:00 David Davis using parliamentary privilege to discuss the murky dealings in the Salmond case.

I was watching bake off, what did he say?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

it's recorded, you can rewatch. thus far that i've watched is mostly him whining about SNP having inappropriate communication with witnesses

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

sebzilla posted:

I wonder if Kieth will end up bringing Corbyn back in just to avoid dropping below 200 seats.

Hm, what is the current status of Corbyn anyway? Is he still suspended from the party? How exactly does that work again, just no whip, and... that's that?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Corbs is still pushing for social justice in his own way tweeted out about the pigs being a disgrace on Clapham Common, said he'd vote against the MegaCops bill.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Guavanaut posted:

They're the same according to the UK census that merges everywhere east of Bengal into an amorphous East Asian blob and China.
I was wondering a while back about the demographics of Poland and found out that while they do record Silesian and Kashubian as distinct ethnicities everyone who isn't white (and most people who are as well) just falls under "non-Polish".

In conclusion Japanese, Korean, Scottish and English are all the same ethnicity.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I would be extremely lazy and have my Japanese given name be Jin. Spelled Hito.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

The only thing that really stood out was a conversation in February 2018 about interference in the investigation which is 2 months before Sturgeon said she knew about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
can’t believe my friends in america are getting the vaccine before me