Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

jaete posted:

Hm, what is the current status of Corbyn anyway? Is he still suspended from the party? How exactly does that work again, just no whip, and... that's that?

Whip still suspended but he's a party member so has the right to attend and vote at CLPs and vote in internal elections but not participate in Labour MP roles. It's completely incongruous with all sensible membership requirements but lol Starmer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

bump_fn posted:

can’t believe my friends in america are getting the vaccine before me

i got mine saturday. maybe contact your GP and ask?

e: oh wait it might be because of my pre-existing condition actually

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Yeah the US has ramped their vaccine programme the gently caress up, it's quite impressive actually

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

CoolCab posted:

e: oh wait it might be because of my pre-existing condition actually

yeah if you’re not essential worker or at risk it’s ages 55+

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
In my part of Wales, we're on the 'no health issues' 60-year olds this week.
Had mine yesterday (astrazeneca), no major effects except slightly sore arm, tiredness and an intermittent pain (which may be connected to the sore arm) in my back just under right back ribcage.

Btw if you think you should have been called up by now, I was talking to someone in my block of flats in her 80s who was the only one not called up - everyone else over 75 had had theirs.
Turned out that as she hasn't been to her GP for 10 years, they had taken her off their records and assumed she was with another GP.
GPs are where the health boards seem to be getting their lists from.
Anyway, she's been done now.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Are we expecting a massive slowdown as they get into second doses, or have they managed to get enough supply to avoid that?

bump_fn posted:

can’t believe my friends in america are getting the vaccine before me

Judging from internet posts getting a vaccine seems like a massive free-for-all in a lot of the US.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

peanut- posted:

Are we expecting a massive slowdown as they get into second doses, or have they managed to get enough supply to avoid that?

Good news we have a lot more AZ vaccine supply in the UK for some reason.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

peanut- posted:

Again, my part of Wales, last week and the week before they were doing 2nd doses of Pfizer to those who had had first doses of Pfizer.
They told me 2nd dose of AZ still scheduled for 12 weeks after first but that might change.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

peanut- posted:

Judging from internet posts getting a vaccine seems like a massive free-for-all in a lot of the US.

it's true, I had to push over an old woman for mine

she had her mask below her nose, so I have no regrets

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I mean fair, but why did you then perform the People's Elbow?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
elbow bumps are covid safe dont worry

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It's getting to that time of year soon, who's ready to do the Easter Eggs Don't Say Easter Anymore lie?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

It's getting to that time of year soon, who's ready to do the Easter Eggs Don't Say Easter Anymore lie?

*checks calendar*

MY BODY IS READY LET'S DO THIS

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

these days, if you say you're an easter egg,

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I hope they call them "Mx Potato Head Eggs" this time around

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Large Immobile Easter Gametes

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Radical leftist gender-neutral WAP eggs

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Borrovan posted:

You're not supposed to drink after giving blood :colbert:

Or a colonoscopy, but I would have killed Corbyn for one.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Trickjaw posted:

Or a colonoscopy, but I would have killed Corbyn for one.
Oh wow, we finally found the setup for the 'Rectum? drat near killed 'em!' punchline.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
it is st patrick's day :guinness:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm going to drink jamesons from a coffee mug like a classy lawyer person.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I've been drinking some whiskey and would like to confirm the following: whiskey good

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
whatever happened to emily thornberry anyway

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

crispix posted:

didn't quite manoeuvrer well enough this time, has had the sense to keep her head down since.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
shes shadow international trade which youd think would be a big deal post brexit but you dont hear much do you

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

crispix posted:

She's busy loving over Liz Truss, who needs no help, really.

e: I'd still love a night out with Wor Emily on the lash, and discovering Anna Surrey getting hoyed out of a pub in a fit of unparliamentary language and fisticuffs.

OMG just remembered the Bishop of Southwark getting a little squiffy lol

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 17, 2021

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

CoolCab posted:

Dont contact your GP, you will be contacted when its your turn, you wont be moved up the list any faster.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Today I made pizza with my new pizza oven that I bought with my bonus. Yay for a non poo poo company that just split all their profits between the staff.

I entirely hosed up the first one as it was too thin and set fire to literally everything in a panic, including my hair. It was still delicious though.

By the end (number 4) though I got pretty decent i think!

Tomorrow is round two with a different dough that hopefully will be a bit easier to move.

I then took free pizza to my neighbours. Who were very happy.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Namtab posted:

Dont contact your GP, you will be contacted when its your turn, you wont be moved up the list any faster.

when can i get my flu shot, and can i do so between covid shots? i want a bulletproof immune system.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Mebh posted:

Today I made pizza with my new pizza oven that I bought with my bonus. Yay for a non poo poo company that just split all their profits between the staff.

I entirely hosed up the first one as it was too thin and set fire to literally everything in a panic, including my hair. It was still delicious though.

Tomorrow is round two with a different dough that hopefully will be a bit easier to move.

i thougth you were saying the pizza oven company was non poo poo. id still like to know which it was

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Mebh posted:

Oh man that looks ace.

What pizza oven is it?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

CoolCab posted:

when can i get my flu shot, and can i do so between covid shots? i want a bulletproof immune system.

It's too late to get your flu shot for this year to be honest. Wait for the new one in September.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Mebh posted:

Looks great! Lots of semolina or cornmeal on the shovel thing makes it a lot easier to move your pizza around.

Here is the dough recipe from the incredibly wanky Modernist Bread. It's very good but you do have to plan ahead a bit.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Twitter doesn’t like it if you call Pinochet a oval office and now I have a week long timeout. :lol:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Total Meatlove posted:

Twitter doesn’t like it if you call Pinochet a oval office and now I have a week long timeout. :lol:

Given the quality of automatic and semi-automatic moderation they'll give you another week for saying you're glad Hitler killed himself.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

Good news we have a lot more AZ vaccine supply in the UK for some reason.

The 'some reason' is the same it's been since the start. AZ keeps not honouring their contracts, citing 'production issues' that for some reason only applies to everyone other than UK/US. Norway was supposed to have 1.1mil doses by the end of feb. So far we've gotten around 120k

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I don't think the US is using the AZ one at all, it's all Pfizer and Moderna there (and Janssen just started).

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

They haven't approved it for use yet, but according to the NY Times they are currently sitting on a stockpile of around ~30mil doses waiting for approval.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Trickjaw posted:

She's busy loving over Liz Truss, who needs no help, really.

e: I'd still love a night out with Wor Emily on the lash, and discovering Anna Surrey getting hoyed out of a pub in a fit of unparliamentary language and fisticuffs.

OMG just remembered the Bishop of Southwark getting a little squiffy lol

it's quite telling how for a few years she regularly went on television manifestly shitfaced and nobody said a peep but diane abbot was rose west for a few weeks for being photographed with a G&T tinny on the tube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Total Meatlove posted:

Twitter doesn't like it when you call anyone a oval office. American cultural imperialism truly is the worst