Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea Cumo's in until they drag him out, he wants to force them to throw themselves to blue Q's wrath to remove him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Oh Snapple! posted:

gonna say nah that was a good probe. stop loving telling people to poo poo-stir in D&D.

all probes are bad probes unless they are pedos (mods)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Northam, and especially Trump, learned you can just not resign and dare politicians to do something about it and they wont

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

There isn't even any good content from Biden turning on Cuomo

it's all people going "no pls reconsider mr president sir" or "that 'if the claims are proven' says everything :smug:", no meltdowns proper that I could find

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

WorkerThread posted:

count me as a zone enjoyer. all cspam mods are utterly useless hypocrites (present company excluded of course), but that's how this stupid forum works.

Average d&d enjoyer vs average succ zone enjoyer

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
ok i've seen two weirdos in the last day post Otto Von Bismark poo poo. what the gently caress is going on?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Oh Snapple! posted:

gonna say nah that was a good probe. stop loving telling people to poo poo-stir in D&D.

yeah really, just enjoy how loving funny and transparent the psychopaths posting there are.

People are going full doobies doghouse and want to go have Pick say things that would be Onion headlines from the perspective of an out of touch yet inexplicably stupid and unbelievably evil liberal stereotype. That poo poo will be there regardless. Their lives are the ultimate takedown you don't need to strut into the ring.

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 03:45 on Mar 17, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1371985921160138754

this is a bullshit compromise

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

this guy is so deeply loving dumb. i truly loathe him

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Rectal Death Adept posted:

yeah really, just enjoy how loving funny and transparent the psychopaths posting there are.

People are going full doobies doghouse and want to go have Pick say things that would be Onion headlines from the perspective of an out of touch yet inexplicably stupid and unbelievably evil liberal stereotype. That poo poo will be there regardless. Their lives are the ultimate takedown you don't need to strut into the ring.

I mean, yes, but it's bad to have an echo chamber like that on this site. That poo poo spreads like a cancer. See: literally all mods

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1371888728071925765

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

listen jack, my good friend Strom from north carolina did the filibuster the way it was meant to be done, and that's no malarkey

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Flunky posted:

this guy is so deeply loving dumb. i truly loathe him

absolutely. if noahpinion wants to take the crown he's got a lot of awful, braindead takes to churn out

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

WorkerThread posted:

absolutely. if noahpinion wants to take the crown he's got a lot of awful, braindead takes to churn out

Don't worry he's hard at work trying to catch up to Matty

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

...can't they just loving do that now? Like that's what a filibuster is, why can they not force people to actually do the filibuster thing instead of just assume they're going to AAAAAAAAAAaa

It's okay. I'm fine.

I'M FINE.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Kaedric posted:

I mean, yes, but it's bad to have an echo chamber like that on this site. That poo poo spreads like a cancer. See: literally all mods

we literally left d&d and created cspam to avoid being constantly entangled in the petty and stupid drama of that echo chamber. there is nothing you can do for the people who chose not to come with us, they are lost unless they wise up on their own. you're talking about a subforum that let fishmech reign supreme for literally a decade. just leave it alone

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

docbeard posted:

...can't they just loving do that now? Like that's what a filibuster is, why can they not force people to actually do the filibuster thing instead of just assume they're going to AAAAAAAAAAaa

It's okay. I'm fine.

I'M FINE.

actually having to speak continuously during the filibuster was a real drag but being able to halt any legislation was really good, so the senate happily settled on the system we have now.

also the vice president writes the rules for the senate and the dems have a majority so why is any of this a thing at all?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

If you have unsourced quotes, postem.

Otherwise, wipe your feet on the mat before you come in.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Jazerus posted:

we literally left d&d and created cspam to avoid being constantly entangled in the petty and stupid drama of that echo chamber. there is nothing you can do for the people who chose not to come with us, they are lost unless they wise up on their own. you're talking about a subforum that let fishmech reign supreme for literally a decade. just leave it alone

:haibrow:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Kaedric posted:

nothing you, i, or anyone else on this site can do anything about it

only the most grotesque behavior won't be tolerated, and even that will be a struggle for acknowledgment with a lot of collateral damage. it's freaks all the way down.

e:

Jazerus posted:

the thing that took fishmech down was an ftp server they had left up because they were hoovering all goon data all the time literally a decade+ later.

Phone has issued a correction as of 04:06 on Mar 17, 2021

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

yea stop touching the poop

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Kaedric posted:

liberalism is a mental disease that cannot be cured by posting

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

bedpan posted:

actually having to speak continuously during the filibuster was a real drag but being able to halt any legislation was really good, so the senate happily settled on the system we have now.

also the vice president writes the rules for the senate and the dems have a majority so why is any of this a thing at all?

Breaking: Turns out the Filimentarian says we can't do this and that the filibuster has to stay, sorry folks, we tried.

Breaking: Turns out there's no such thing as a 'Filimentarian'.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

do you remember cloture? they say it sometimes but no one knows what it means. anyway. when they vote for cloture, they're saying it's time to stop debating this bill and time now to vote on it. that's the filibuster today. we're not ready to vote on it so let's continue debating it.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Hey eyes of forum admins check this out

:butt:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I hate to say it but honestly given my whole journey from growing up as a right winger to being a shitlib to now, posting in DnD can help other people re-examine their views but its not gonna be alot.

Although right now watching the mods literally not allow real discussions about US politics because they are "too controversial" is kind of amazing and that in and of itself might cause some folks to be like "wow what the gently caress is wrong with this place?"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CraigCaplan/status/1371884349054914561

don't threaten me with a good time, Joe

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Very pro destroying the senate. It's so inherently unequal. Why the gently caress does Delaware have the same power as California? cause the senate is stupid.

Make the house of reps have a maximum number of constituents represented and then lets elect a poo poo ton more reps.

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back
just make dnd link to the nyt or brookings or w/e, that's clearly what they're pushing for w/ meticulous lists of approved sources and topics

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Biden only said death2cuomo because dems are fully realized that they can just say whatever the gently caress sounds good to their base and then just not do anything. $2000? Lol nah you get nothing, but it sounded good didn't it?

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

joe biden doing a no-growth and being low-key ableist by forcing these frail old men to stand for hours at a time to block legislation instead of getting to remain in their sarcophagus

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
you've all allowed the senate to trick you, even if you disbanded it you'd find that suddenly the house can't pass the bills they've always passed and there's actually less than a dozen votes for things hundreds of people campaigned on

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

silicone thrills posted:

Very pro destroying the senate. It's so inherently unequal. Why the gently caress does Delaware have the same power as California? cause the senate is stupid.

Make the house of reps have a maximum number of constituents represented and then lets elect a poo poo ton more reps.

for real, a quarter of the us population is represented by 6 out of 100 senators

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

loquacius posted:

Anyway

https://twitter.com/RepJayapal/status/1371998099275714563

Too late to force the vote but sure why not

Pelosi has been in favor of it since 1993, this'll go great

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

silicone thrills posted:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

loquacius posted:

Anyway

https://twitter.com/RepJayapal/status/1371998099275714563

Too late to force the vote but sure why not

If the Republicans are smart, they won’t bog it down with filibusters and force the Democrats to kill it themselves further splintering the party. That’s where I’m hoping it goes, anyway.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/DanaHoule/status/1372031601048162304?s=20

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Biden only said death2cuomo because dems are fully realized that they can just say whatever the gently caress sounds good to their base and then just not do anything. $2000? Lol nah you get nothing, but it sounded good didn't it?

What do you mean by nothing

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

memories of when biden was a rapist who should not be elected, instead of a rapist who should not have been elected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Don Pigeon posted:

Freaks run our government.