Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
the real plan b: how to punish politicians who lie/dont commit to campaign speech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/DanaHoule/status/1371928493295071233?s=20
https://twitter.com/DanaHoule/status/1372025541725986818?s=20

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

President Xi, please liberate us

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
posting objectively true things online? is there nothing those perfidious russians won't stoop to?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
the perfidous russkies want to give us healthcare

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Destabilizing the west $15 at a time.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
You know who should have had a Plan B?

Joe Biden's mom

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

imagine still being mad that Bernie ran too confrontational a campaign in 2020

liberals are wild

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

liberals are wild

Dem centrists don't want democracy, they want a "reasonable yet experienced" candidate to be hand-picked by the party and for people to be told to vote for them

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

liberals are wild

i mean in general imagine not being able to have a good-rear end lol over the very idea that bernie ran too confrontational a campaign

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Shipon posted:

President Xi, please liberate us

https://twitter.com/danker_hank/status/1371883082609881088?s=19

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Just get him to a wedding

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Houle: poo poo.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
cant believe the russians would support the anti establishment candidate to undermine america. better support the establishment candidate unquestionably to get back at those filthy russians.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

pretty hard to maintain social distancing while pressing himself on people, I don't care how nice the suit is

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/DackStevon/status/1372005180833636356?s=20

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

only 9 likes and 3 replies, mods please do the needful

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
flavor eatass, it's been 15 seconds and 1830 microseconds since my last post

what the gently caress? do something!!!!!!!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
once again, laid low by the do-nothing mods of cspam

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

The Oldest Man posted:

Almost like we have unlimited demand to incarcerate undesirables leading to us chaotically turning all kinds of places into prisons and guess who ELSE found themselves with that problem

quote:

The number of prisoners in 1933–1934 is difficult to determine; Jane Caplan estimated it at 50,000, with arrests perhaps exceeding 100,000,[13] while Wachsmann estimated that between 150,000 and 200,000 people were subjected to detention without trial in 1933.[12] About 70 camps were established in 1933, in any convenient structure that could hold prisoners, including vacant factories, prisons, country estates, schools, workhouses, and castles. Many sites were reused as Nazi detention facilities later on.[13][12] There was no national system;[17] camps were operated by local police, SS, and SA, state interior ministries, or a combination of the above.[13][12] The early camps in 1933–1934 were heterogenous and unlike those created in and after 1936, in fundamental aspects such as organization, conditions, and the groups imprisoned.[18] Therefore, researchers have begun to call them "early camps" rather than "concentration camps".[18] Although the camps were not sites of routine killings,[12] their unprecedented violence marked the end of the Weimar Republic.[18]

maybe there are still some empty Toys R Us stores they can use

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

freaks, we run this mutha (yeah)
freaks, we run this mutha freaks
Who run the world? freaks (freaks)
Who run this mutha? freaks
Who run this mutha?
Who run this mutha? freaks
Who run this mutha?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
check this out:

AOCIA

u r welcome

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

galenanorth posted:

lack-of-space camp

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Top City Homo posted:

check this out:

AOCIA

u r welcome

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

seriously though what the gently caress is up with this??

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Jazerus posted:

the normalization of zoom is a good thing for jobs that aren't very important and don't affect people's lives in meaningful ways. so like 90% of the ones that can be done at all over zoom. untying jobs from physical locations has a lot of implications most of which are good.

it is, however, deeply frustrating to try to do important things like teaching or medicine that way and this noah smith guy is powerfully smoothbrained for picking those out as "pandemic success stories". one of the most obvious lessons the pandemic has taught us all is that online school doesn't loving work as a universal measure. it's only appropriate for students that intentionally choose it and teachers that are good at it

I'm not buying into that this is a "good" thing. Largely because I now work in big law but still have friends in big consulting so we see the trends quick. Even white collar workers got dropped. But now all that poo poo that took dozens of people on site to do in very specific roles has been rolled into a bunch of overworked tweeked out global people. So yeah, those who make it through will work remote, but we are talking about trading dozens of people for like three and automating the gently caress out of the rest. And where those people have to be, well there are regulations and stuff but those centers are going up in the cheapest possible places.

Sure, there will be some "on site" people but that's going to be a skeleton crew now. And it's not like those who remain get raises. Where I'm at now makes more money than god and the clients are pretty much a who's who of any company that matters tech, energy, consulting, what have you. We haven't been overly aggressive about canning people (if anything we are fighting to keep people) but the raw reality is that remote work means poo poo loads of people are getting fired and things are moving to a more global 24/7 support scheme. That poo poo cascades as well. Company lunches and happy hours, yeah that's done and gone. So is just lunch downtown. Do we need all this floor space? There goes the janitors and maintanence crew. Those fast food joints that beat out the mom and pops with Amazon powered automated pick up and go, yeah that's the new normal. That nice hole in the wall you liked, they are loving done.

Everyone is going through a massive restructuring and it hasn't hit everyone yet just how bad the impact is going to be. This whole thing has just sort of proved that we can run on about a third of the work force we have and everyone else is just bullshit. It hasn't hit everyone just yet, but we are hosed. Either there is some sort of permanent stimulus or government make work program or poo poo is just hosed. We are sort of in the eye of the storm now and thinking it will all be ok, it's not it's going to get much much much worse.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

This country is everything it accuses China of being plus more

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

lumpentroll posted:

gently caress you joe biden

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i hate that noah guy's av more than anything

also joe biden and cumo and other terrible dems: gently caress you

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Slugnoid posted:

I wouldn’t worry about it, they’ll roll out a patch for open.biden soon enough

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

we're getting a new, smooth biden for the presser

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Phone posted:

once again, laid low by the do-nothing mods of cspam

maybe remember sailor next time, jerk :s mug:

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Fleetwood posted:

we're getting a new, smooth biden for the presser

is smooth biden any less racist or more

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Slugnoid posted:

Its some sort of weird perspective thing with boom mounted microphones that go *under* the speaker instead of over. Nobody in our government is competent enough to make a 30 second cgi clip of a dancing baby, much less a photorealistic Sleepy Joe.

I'm still going to spread it all over social media as proof Biden is dead or whatever because my Putin check just hit my secret Swiss bank account.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

I will proudly do anything to undermine, damage, and or assist in the destruction of america, the demon cracker nation

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

a helpful bear posted:

is smooth biden any less racist or more

all I know is they're gonna build him back better

Fleetwood has issued a correction as of 06:46 on Mar 17, 2021

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

MysteriousStranger posted:

I'm not buying into that this is a "good" thing. Largely because I now work in big law but still have friends in big consulting so we see the trends quick. Even white collar workers got dropped. But now all that poo poo that took dozens of people on site to do in very specific roles has been rolled into a bunch of overworked tweeked out global people. So yeah, those who make it through will work remote, but we are talking about trading dozens of people for like three and automating the gently caress out of the rest. And where those people have to be, well there are regulations and stuff but those centers are going up in the cheapest possible places.

Sure, there will be some "on site" people but that's going to be a skeleton crew now. And it's not like those who remain get raises. Where I'm at now makes more money than god and the clients are pretty much a who's who of any company that matters tech, energy, consulting, what have you. We haven't been overly aggressive about canning people (if anything we are fighting to keep people) but the raw reality is that remote work means poo poo loads of people are getting fired and things are moving to a more global 24/7 support scheme. That poo poo cascades as well. Company lunches and happy hours, yeah that's done and gone. So is just lunch downtown. Do we need all this floor space? There goes the janitors and maintanence crew. Those fast food joints that beat out the mom and pops with Amazon powered automated pick up and go, yeah that's the new normal. That nice hole in the wall you liked, they are loving done.

Everyone is going through a massive restructuring and it hasn't hit everyone yet just how bad the impact is going to be. This whole thing has just sort of proved that we can run on about a third of the work force we have and everyone else is just bullshit. It hasn't hit everyone just yet, but we are hosed. Either there is some sort of permanent stimulus or government make work program or poo poo is just hosed. We are sort of in the eye of the storm now and thinking it will all be ok, it's not it's going to get much much much worse.

UBI is the only way this poo poo doesn't completely collapse in on itself. Unfortunately we're far more likely to get the awful subsistence-level libertarian version of it instead of one that actually liberates people from poverty.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Phone posted:

nothing you, i, or anyone else on this site can do anything about it

only the most grotesque behavior won't be tolerated, and even that will be a struggle for acknowledgment with a lot of collateral damage. it's freaks all the way down.

e:

the thing that took fishmech down was an ftp server they had left up because they were hoovering all goon data all the time literally a decade+ later.

I guarantee there are D&D posters who think about fishmech and wistfully sigh, lamenting the loss of the smartest boy in America's incredible knowledge. Another great mind laid low by some trivial thing the leftists blew out of proportion.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

MysteriousStranger posted:

the wholesale immiseration of the pmc, particularly MysteriousStranger and his ilk in big law and big consulting would probably be a net positive imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Shipon posted:

UBI is the only way this poo poo doesn't completely collapse in on itself. Unfortunately we're far more likely to get the awful subsistence-level libertarian version of it instead of one that actually liberates people from poverty.

Agreed. UBI + make work programs but eh, who knows if that will fly now.

Stringent posted:

the wholesale immiseration of the pmc, particularly MysteriousStranger and his ilk in big law and big consulting would probably be a net positive imo

Oh we'll be fine, I'll be fine, who the hell do think is going to make the schemes to put everyone else out of work? The legalized consolidations and powerpoints on how to work with less people because it's proven now is in the works. It's not going to be tech bros, consultants, pmc, finance, and legal that gets hosed. Cause you know, a lot of that poo poo involves security clearance, local bar exams, bullshit certifications, and other nonsense. It's everyone else who's hosed. The current "middle class" (aka those who pull down six figures and live in a top metro area) will see some attrition but largely make it out. Everyone under that is hosed six ways from Sunday. And nobody has the guts to say it, let alone propose a solution.

The solution of course is UBI and a century long infrastructure plan but LOLOLOL that ain't making it through the Senate or the courts.