Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i once heard the slur "cunty bollocks" used by a chap from belfast

must have been 20 odd years ago, but i still wonder about it sometimes

crispix fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Mar 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

it's quite telling how for a few years she regularly went on television manifestly shitfaced and nobody said a peep but diane abbot was rose west for a few weeks for being photographed with a G&T tinny on the tube
rosé west

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
you would hope no gloucester-based micro-booze whatevers go through with that idea

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Reply to an old post:

willie_dee posted:

Is there any good reading someone who really struggles daily to be a good feminist due to inherent toxic masculinity (me) can go to read what should be done to increase the safety of women in the UK?

Maugrim posted:

Becoming a better ally is an ongoing process that starts with your willingness to listen to - fully listen to and try to understand - the voices of those you want to be an ally to. You're not going to read a single article, go "that makes sense" and immediately shed an entire upbringing's worth of ingrained sexism, racism, homophobia or transphobia.

By reading what women write, thinking about what you read and relating it to your own attitudes and behaviours, both past and present, you will experience some uncomfortable realisations and start to internalise why those attitudes and behaviours are... Not great. Which leads to breaking out of the patterns, gradually. Like all brain changes it's a stressful process which is why you get a lot of people choosing the easier route of just rejecting the idea that those behaviours are even a problem, or that they have ever exhibited those behaviours (hashtag not all men).
Maugrim's absolutely right, but imo today's graun article (panel discussion by men about what men should do) is a good read. Just make sure it's taken in conjunction with other stuff, written/spoken by women.

& try to ignore the positive reference to Jess Phillips, it's inconsequential to the rest of the piece

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

you would hope no gloucester-based micro-booze whatevers go through with that idea
I wonder how many contractors have gone with the "not the worst builder in Gloucester" tagline.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

CoolCab posted:

when can i get my flu shot, and can i do so between covid shots? i want a bulletproof immune system.

Flu season is over and a flu jab would do very little towards giving you a bulletproof immune system. Eat a balanced diet, exercise as best as you can, and consider vitamin D supplements

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Namtab is lying. If you want a bulletproof immune system you need to shoot yourself with very small bullets every few weeks.

.17 Hornady is good, but some studies say it only confers full immunity against rimfire.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/patrickkmaguire/status/1372105069777276932?s=20

lmao

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can achieve better results by diluting bullets with water hundreds of times.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I like the statistic that more Labour voters would appoint Corbyn than Tories would appoint Boris, and that Starmer has even less support.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

shoot yourself with small bullets and gradually work up to shooting yourself with progressively bigger bullets to build your bullet immunity

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

It's absolutely perfect.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
lol the lib dems.

in both general and specific.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Mebh posted:

Today I made pizza with my new pizza oven that I bought with my bonus. Yay for a non poo poo company that just split all their profits between the staff.

I entirely hosed up the first one as it was too thin and set fire to literally everything in a panic, including my hair. It was still delicious though.

By the end (number 4) though I got pretty decent i think!

Tomorrow is round two with a different dough that hopefully will be a bit easier to move.

I then took free pizza to my neighbours. Who were very happy.

That looks lovely! What oven did you get?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The lib/lab/con split is really good.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Jedit posted:

I like the statistic that more Labour voters would appoint Corbyn than Tories would appoint Boris, and that Starmer has even less support.

Starmer would make a pretty good constitutional monarch. He hasn’t’ yet matched QEIIs record of 70 years without expressing a political opinion, but he is trying.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I know we're getting into Rounding Errors territory, but there being twice as many LibDems as Labour supporters wanting Tonty Blair back is just :chefkiss:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Lib Dems breaking for the status quo is painfully onbrand

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
To my British comrades - I'm giving you each permission to use one anti-Irish slur today. You've been so good all year

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I know we're getting into Rounding Errors territory, but there being twice as many LibDems as Labour supporters wanting Tonty Blair back is just :chefkiss:

Lib Dems picking Piers Morgan with the same ratio as Tory voters is a real mask off moment.

Glad that Bungle from Rainbow didn't win. I heard he has some dubious opinions on forrins.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Failed Imagineer posted:

To my British comrades - I'm giving you each permission to use one anti-Irish slur today. You've been so good all year

Are you taking the mick?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jedit posted:

Are you taking the mick?

You used yours wisely, there will be many blessings and beatitudes on your house this harvest time.

Anyway just saw this tweet, a real 1-2 punch of good tweet and insanely cringe reply

https://twitter.com/jessphillips/status/1371967682287960064?s=19

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
I read it as: they are running out of ways they can find to make things more awful.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

I would vote for idris elba.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I would vote for Evo Morales as President of the UK

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
trumps dropped out of fashion quick.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Failed Imagineer posted:

This feels like bait and I’m not falling for it

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Total Meatlove posted:

This feels like bait and I’m not falling for it

because you invoked the Irish trickster/jester trope, this still counts as yours

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I'll vote for Martin McGuinnes as head of state.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Those results are funny but it being open ended and Attenborough being so high means it's more of a 'Name a person you wouldn't mind seeing on TV a bit more' question rather than any deeper meaning.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

namesake posted:

Those results are funny but it being open ended and Attenborough being so high means it's more of a 'Name a person you wouldn't mind seeing on TV a bit more' question rather than any deeper meaning.

That's about as deep as a constitutional monarch gets these days I think

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

namesake posted:

Unlike the head of state, who... oh

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
constantly screaming crack mum kerry katona for head of state imo

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
It's taken twenty years but the Po-Po have finally arrested someone for the Michael Barrymore pool party murder.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Pizza oven talk: My parents and my brother all have 'Ooni' pizza ovens and they're absolutely amazing. If I didn't live in a flat with no outdoor space I'd get on in a heartbeat.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Boris Johnson as head of state seems like a good choice, he can prance around like an idiot with everybody goggling at him without the downsides of actually having power or making decisions

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Pretty beyond the pale imo.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Failed Imagineer posted:

because you invoked the Irish trickster/jester trope, this still counts as yours

You mean I put the drums on for nothing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Pls do not doxx me, take this down