Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M E A T Y
May 2, 2005

so secure

Hi. I made this post... and now it's time to NFT it!!! How

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Be gay do crimes. No, not like that.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

M E A T Y posted:

Hi. I made this post... and now it's time to NFT it!!! How

So did you search your old username or were you just coincidentally reading posts from 400 pages and two and a half years ago?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Baron von Eevl posted:

So did you search your old username or were you just coincidentally reading posts from 400 pages and two and a half years ago?

It's like those people who remembered they had a couple Bitcoins stored on an old throwaway hard drive and go digging through their closet looking for it

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Facebook Aunt posted:

Meth mouth Hitler when?

We gave these hitlers different drugs, let's watch while they spin their webs of intrigue.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Zetsubou-san posted:

We gave these hitlers different drugs, let's watch while they spin their webs of intrigue.

Weed Hitler appears to only want to invade Amsterdam.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Hitler had a quack doctor pumping him full of a little of everything, but the cocaine sticks out for me because I saw some random documentary once that featured an alleged direct quote of Hitler saying "Doctor, put some more cocaine up my noise please" voiced by some random guy doing a bad German accent.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Shitloads of WW2 vets were getting prescription meth for years afterwards. While their wives were popping over the counter pills. Some have tracked the rise of the feminist movement to when you couldn't get cocaine over the counter anymore.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

when i die lay me in the ground
say a prayer over my head
and write BIG ROBLOX TIDDIES on my grave

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Shitloads of WW2 vets were getting prescription meth for years afterwards. While their wives were popping over the counter pills. Some have tracked the rise of the feminist movement to when you couldn't get cocaine over the counter anymore.

WW2 soldiers on meth, you say?

quote:

Koivunen was a Finnish soldier, assigned to a ski patrol on 20 April 1944, along with several other Finnish soldiers. Three days into their mission, on March 18th, the group was attacked and surrounded by Soviet forces, from which they managed to escape.[2] Koivunen became fatigued after skiing for a long distance, but could not stop. He was also the sole carrier of army-issued Pervitin, or methamphetamine, a stimulant used to remain awake while on duty.[3] Koivunen had trouble pulling out a single pill, so he emptied the entire bottle of thirty capsules into his hand and took them all.

He had a short burst of energy, but then entered into a state of delirium, and lost consciousness. Koivunen remembered waking up the following morning, separated from his patrol and having no supplies.[4] In the following days, he escaped Soviet forces once again, was injured by a land mine, and laid in a ditch for a week waiting for help.[4] After skiing more than 400 km (250 miles) he was found and admitted to a nearby hospital, where his heart rate was measured at 200 beats per minute, triple the average human heartbeat,[5] and weighing only 43 kg (94 pounds).[4] In the week Koivunen was gone, he subsisted only on pine buds and a single Siberian jay that he caught and ate raw. He ended up surviving and died peacefully at the age of 71.[4]

https://medium.com/exploring-history/the-crazy-crystal-meth-adventure-of-a-finnish-soldier-1cae54a1238f

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Now that's a high-octane motherfucker, right there.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
The Finns used WW2 to become insane snow monsters. Every story about a Finn in WW2 is just them doing something insane in the middle of a weeks long blizzard.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bobby Digital posted:

WW2 soldiers on meth, you say?

Somewhat adjacent to this, Hollywood is currently making a movie about the infamous cocaine bear

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Captain Monkey posted:

The Finns used WW2 to become insane snow monsters. Every story about a Finn in WW2 is just them doing something insane in the middle of a weeks long blizzard.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Captain Monkey posted:

Every story about a Finn in WW2 is just them doing something insane in the middle of a weeks long blizzard.
Hell that's basically my image of modern day Finland.

also if you haven't clicked through to the article you're missing out on the excellent portrait of Koivunen, which I presume must have been taken during or closely after the incident

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

oldpainless posted:

Please be a little more respectful to Time Magazine’s Man of of the Year

Hey, they made me person of the year in '06. Time magazine is not worthy of respect.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

holy hell having a 200bpm heart a week later

it was probably 500 in the beginning lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've had a heart rate of 225 (arrhythmia or whatever it's called) and it's really loving not cool. (I was lucky in that they were able to correct my heartbeat with medication, so I didn't have to go into the jumpstart-truck to get myself jumpstarted.)

When you're probably some kind of Nazi but graphic design is your passion.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 13:07 on Mar 17, 2021

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I've had a heart rate of 225 (arrhythmia or whatever it's called) and it's really loving not cool. (I was lucky in that they were able to correct my heartbeat with medication, so I didn't have to go into the jumpstart-truck to get myself jumpstarted.)

When you're probably some kind of Nazi but graphic design is your passion.

Sounds like SVT. They probably pushed adenosine on you. It gets you back to a normal rhythm by stopping your heart from beating. Thankfully it wears off in a couple of seconds so your heart starts beating again, this time hopefully in a sinus rhythm, but also sometimes in an even worse rhythm that might make you dead

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That dude was the human equivalent of cocaine bear.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

freeedr posted:

Sounds like SVT. They probably pushed adenosine on you. It gets you back to a normal rhythm by stopping your heart from beating. Thankfully it wears off in a couple of seconds so your heart starts beating again, this time hopefully in a sinus rhythm, but also sometimes in an even worse rhythm that might make you dead

There's an easier way.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Hitler, aka

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Kenning posted:

There's an easier way.

So instead of "he's fibrillating! shock him!" it's "give him the shocker"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Are tighty whities like Hitler, but for your balls?

Discuss.

Captain Log posted:

Weird European Talk - When I was in Germany in 2003, I was with my friend at her AbiBall graduation and poo poo. I was a big ole' liberal who was anti-Iraq, and all the German media had us portrayed as all red state war mongers. I got along well with the people my age. This is where the "Tennessee Jack" nickname came from. (Logan from a native German comes out LoegKhan.)

I had a really long conversation with a dude about politics and war as we got progressively drunker. After a while, he puts his arm around me and says, "Take a walk with me, Jack....I need to tell you about Hitler."

I very quickly went and strapped in for whatever the gently caress was about to happen. He then says, "Jack...you know, the tight, white underwear? The really tight old man white stuff? I have something to tell you that us Germans believe. The only Hitler we will ever know, is that underwear. It's like Hitler, but for your balls."

After that conversation, I've spent the rest of my life thinking of tight whitey underwear as Ball Hitlers.

I regret nothing.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Kenning posted:

There's an easier way.

poo poo gets wild in the land of Hippocrates

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

freeedr posted:

poo poo gets wild in the land of Hippocrates

"This reflex can also be tested electrophysiologically, by stimulating the penis or vulva and recording from the anal sphincter. "

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Bulbocavern is my favorite pokemon

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

After a week of IV meds to convert me out of A-Fib to a sinus rhythm, they finally had to hit me with the paddles. They knocked me out first.

Which is good, because the burns looked heinous.

It worked, though.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

PainterofCrap posted:

After a week of IV meds to convert me out of A-Fib to a sinus rhythm, they finally had to hit me with the paddles. They knocked me out first.

Which is good, because the burns looked heinous.

It worked, though.

Sir, this is the quotes thread.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

And now it's been quoted, thus fulfilling the prophesy.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's funny because it reminds me of the guy that accidentally posted his workout routine in an abortion thread.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i'm unaware of this particular apocrypha

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

rodbeard posted:

It's funny because it reminds me of the guy that accidentally posted his workout routine in an abortion thread.
and now I'm thinking about the gentle pete post

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zetsubou-san posted:

i'm unaware of this particular apocrypha

it went like this: hut hut HIKE

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Arivia posted:

it went like this: hut hut HIKE

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

I think one of the hardest I've ever laughed at these forums was that one guy who didn't realize he was posting his workout routine again and again. Like, he didn't think it was posting and he just kept posting it. I don't remember why that was so funny but I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Personally I have never made a duplicate post four times in a row, thinking I was editing it. That'd be really dumb

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

lord funk posted:

I think one of the hardest I've ever laughed at these forums was that one guy who didn't realize he was posting his workout routine again and again. Like, he didn't think it was posting and he just kept posting it. I don't remember why that was so funny but I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard.

It was funny because the posts ended up in a thread about abortion, during the middle of a particularly emotionally charged discussion. Then bam: workout log.

Edit: the copies after the first started with comments like "the forums keep eating my post, so I'm trying again"

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 03:46 on Mar 18, 2021

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

flavor.flv posted:

The fox and bunny abortion comic is actually based on an obscure Disney movie called Zootopia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Blue Footed Booby posted:

It was funny because the posts ended up in a thread about abortion, during the middle of a particularly emotionally charged discussion. Then bam: workout log.

Edit: the copies after the first started with comments like "the forums keep eating my post, so I'm trying again"

His workout also had dumbbell lifts abbreviates as 'DB' and someone was like 'unless DB stands for dead babies you're in the wrong thread' which still sends me into fits thinking about it

it was an awful app bug sending his posts to the wrong threads for some reason