Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/StevenACohen2/status/1372011261173596163

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shiroc posted:

If only Felix had played for a semi competent team and didn't need to be perfect in every game. Less high stress miles on that arm and he could have probably kept going for many more years.

Given everything I read about Felix he basically put 110% into his pitching no matter the scenario which is probably why he flamed out quicker than we would have liked :smith:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
🏴‍☠️

https://twitter.com/joe_block/status/1372140106954514435?s=21

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Ohtani Cy Young/MVP/Silver Slugger season incoming

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

*ahem* VLAD ROCKS

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shiroc posted:

Perfect Game 1-0 Literally Just Pitching To The Score And His Offense, His Best Hitter Was John Jaso For gently caress's Sake

Motherfucker earned his gold watch

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I have to remind myself which garbage player Jack Z traded John Jaso for.

It was Mike Morse, wasn't it?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Josh Lueke

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Spring Training doesn't matter, except in this one particular instance.

VLAD ROCKS.

I have never so badly wanted a player to live up to the prospect hype than I do with Vlad. Not even Travis Snider.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

John Jaso had white boy dreads and I for one will not stand for this.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

John Jaso had white boy dreads and I for one will not stand for this.

there was one year he was #10 on the SAS most hated baseball players list purely on the basis of his hair

(pre Astros scandal obviously)

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
John Jaso owns

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
John Jaso is literally perfect

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
John Jaso started 61 games in the OF for Pittsburgh in 2017, his last major league season.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The other funny thing is that the 2012 Mariners were so bad, Felix actually had the second highest OPS (with 3 plate appearances) of anyone on the team. #1 was Hector Noesi with his 4 plate appearances. Then Jason Vargas was #3. John Jaso comes in at #4 with 142. Next is Seager and Michael Saunders tied with 108.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/SEA/2012.shtml

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Nah, that's who we got John Jaso for (a great trade in hindsight!), then we turned around and traded him for Morse.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Hmm, someone set up a poll for the most disliked baseball players today.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Also, it's a bit late but I finally got around to hanging this up in my office:

Re-reading about that failed suicide squeeze, I forgot Ron Washington got ejected arguing that pitch, as it it called a ball because he thought it was unfathomable that a batter would pull the bat back like that lmao

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

That's gold, I'd totally frame something similar if there was a Dorktown Angels retrospective.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/jmontana41/status/1372299939515133953?s=21

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

My "I am not a locker room cancer" t-shirt is raising a lot of questions that are already answered by the t-shirt

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
phew

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1372314737292230660

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

This whole situation is weird with Jeffress blaming an agent he hasn't had for years. Jeffress was legit good last year and has a good track record so whatever teams are hearing must be pretty bad.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

seiferguy posted:

Also, it's a bit late but I finally got around to hanging this up in my office:

Re-reading about that failed suicide squeeze, I forgot Ron Washington got ejected arguing that pitch, as it it called a ball because he thought it was unfathomable that a batter would pull the bat back like that lmao

Ok I want this

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I really like CC but it's really loving weak that he let himself get rolled out like this by noted sexpest senior killler Andrew Cuomo.

https://twitter.com/luisferre/status/1372572691677470720

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Gov. Cuomo announced today that the New York teams can have fans in the stands. He's recently been accused of sexual harrassment/assault by at least 7 women, and is also caught up in a scandal over sending covid-infected patients to nursing homes and covering up the resulting deaths. Many Democrats in NY and nationally have called for him to resign. McMagic is saying that Mets and Yankees reps shouldn't be appearing with Cuomo at events right now since it looks like the teams are supporting him.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
my hatred for cuomo is indescribable

GalacticAcid fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 18, 2021

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

GalacticAcid posted:

his father was in the Pirates minor league system

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Pussy Boss posted:

Gov. Cuomo announced today that the New York teams can have fans in the stands. He's recently been accused of sexual harrassment/assault by at least 7 women, and is also caught up in a scandal over sending covid-infected patients to nursing homes and covering up the resulting deaths. Many Democrats in NY and nationally have called for him to resign. McMagic is saying that Mets and Yankees reps shouldn't be appearing with Cuomo at events right now since it looks like the teams are supporting him.

Yea I know the details, I’m just surprised they’d actually have reps there after all the stuff that’s been going on with him. Not too smart.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

GalacticAcid posted:

I have loathed that man in ways that I have never loathed anyone else.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Seems pretty typical on Cuomo's part to put people on stage next to him who are popular and thus try to absorb some of their goodwill at a time when he's under fire

I'm similarly surprised that CC is allowing Cuomo to use him in this way

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
deBlasio is still a bigger idiot, Cuomo is just a bigger turd

Apr 7, 2003

The Pirates's star pitching prospect is a 25 year old they drafted in 2014 who couldn't get out of the first inning yesterday against the Rays B squad.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Pussy Boss posted:

It's a photo op acting like everything is normal when the dude is in the middle of 2 horrific scandals. It's a very bad reading of the room by both the Yankees and Mets.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The Pirates's star pitching prospect is a 25 year old they drafted in 2014 who couldn't get out of the first inning yesterday against the Rays B squad.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
gently caress Cuomo. These bats are fun. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...impression=true

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/jjcoop36/status/1372260628816101376

Well, uh, okay.

Apr 7, 2003

probably to mask all the f bombs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

It was INCREDIBLY weird to be at the ballpark with the fake noise. Felt like I was hyper-aware of it the entire time.