Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Nm

SuperKlaus has issued a correction as of 19:20 on Mar 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

what the gently caress lol

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

docbeard posted:

I...of course. OF loving COURSE.

I shall become...I dunno...either the Mad Hatter or the puppet guy.
lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

docbeard posted:

I loving hate Biden so much

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

congrats to joe biden on becoming the stereotypical "the irish were slaves" boston guy

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
It's simple - China is the natsec bogeyman of choice and has been for the past two years. Any time one of these "respectable" newspapers/TV stations talks about the emerging China threat, it stokes the flames of racial/xenophobic resentment. That COVID first emerged in China and they were trying to deal with it before anyone really knew how to fight it only further stoked the flames.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Back in February I loved seeing all the China is using the spectre of this virus to just be authoritarian, turn a year old while their population can enjoy life ina mostly normal way while I haven't been able to go to the movies or to a bar in over a year

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Judakel posted:

he may be funnier than trump by the end of four years

Joe Biden is unable to remember sailor, inasmuch as "sailor" is a subset of "anything"

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

is biden dead

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

KaptainKrunk posted:

is biden dead

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

we are all dead

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
Thank you to whatever candidate sold my e-mail address to Gavin Newsom, getting five "the GOP is trying to RECALL ME" e-mails a day from my shook governor is delicious sweet nectar

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
The only good Bidens seem to be the dead ones therefore Joe Biden is alive

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

mad.radhu posted:

Thank you to whatever candidate sold my e-mail address to Gavin Newsom, getting five "the GOP is trying to RECALL ME" e-mails a day from my shook governor is delicious sweet nectar

b*rnie s*nders

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Will you morons please stop with this conspiracy poo poo? If you look at it from another angle, it's clearly just a trick of the eye

https://i.imgur.com/T4QNuaF.mp4

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I'm glad that he confirmed the nickname Pres. Puddin'head himself.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VZxJliN_UQ

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

homework explainers

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

https://twitter.com/feraljokes/status/1372129966079492098?s=20

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

is this real?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
gently caress yall how dare you be so racist and mock the plight of the irish. Biden was personally press ganged into service in civil war 1 as a child. He tries to tell his story and all you do is attack him.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the irish were badass in the show warrior

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

docbeard posted:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Judakel posted:

he may be funnier than trump by the end of four years

almost certainly he'll be less lucid.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
thems was mah great granpappy or something idk. his racism and populism lives on in me

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Lansdowne posted:

https://twitter.com/equalityAlec/status/1372186392722292736

I can't believe the deep red city of san francisco would do this. if only they would elect some democrats instead I'm sure they'd try to stop this.

I used to naively think that there were no evil people, only differences in opinion and perspective.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Smythe posted:

the irish were badass in the show warrior

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1371523814501277698

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mad.radhu posted:

lol newsom went on The View the other day.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lets go beat up taintrunners father in law =D

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Serious question: How much of our military relies on parts made in China? 200%? 300%?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mirthless posted:

Ask society why they can't focus on more than one thing at once I've given up trying to figure it out at this point

Also this probably wasn't motivated by racism unless you're torturing the definition pretty badly

These women were targeted because they were sex workers, not because they were asian. The conversation should be about sex workers.

https://twitter.com/FridaGhitis/status/1372240592332283914?s=20

anti-Asian sentiment is tied up with sex work as well. US bases in east Asia are often surrounded by strip clubs and brothels and US troops are notorious for committing rapes and sexual abuse.

KirbyKhan posted:

There's a lot of anti-asian racism within the sex work industry. The thing that complicates matters is when Asians are the ones sex trafficking asians, but that's not so hard I saw Leathal Weapon 4 just arrest the slaver asians and release anyone found in a shipping container.

Lethal Weapon 4 was about Jia Tolentino?

edit:

Mr Hootington posted:

That south Korean article that says the shooter yelled "I'm killing asians!" Or whatever is being debunked by people that can read Korean as not having an actual quote in like that in the article. The supposed primary source for the quote is another article that also does not say he said it.

Atrocious Joe has issued a correction as of 02:22 on Mar 18, 2021

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

wasnt there supposed to be a floor vote on m4a today?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Excuse me, the F-35 is proudly made in all 50 states. So what if it turns out that manufacturing parts for a complex machine in such a decentralized manner results in massive delays and quality control issues. Or that it was to give pork handouts to reps so they could crow about bringing manufacturing jobs home to gently caress hole, chudlania.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mayor Dave posted:

congrats to joe biden on becoming the stereotypical "the irish were slaves" boston guy

Teaming up with the Project 1619 lady who said "actually, even native americans owned slaves"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

heh, tupac

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

wasnt there supposed to be a floor vote on m4a today?

Lol no, some useless rep introduced a performative bill that already died in committee

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

Lol no, some useless rep introduced a performative bill that already died in committee

thats an incredible act. What do you call it?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Good morning
Sunday morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Asproigerosis posted:

Excuse me, the F-35 is proudly made in all 50 states. So what if it turns out that manufacturing parts for a complex machine in such a decentralized manner results in massive delays and quality control issues. Or that it was to give pork handouts to reps so they could crow about bringing manufacturing jobs home to gently caress hole, chudlania.

That's actually incorrect, it's made in other countries as well!